Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-14, 06:57 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiceena View Post
REALLY? I was afraid this would be the tune of their show. I feel like, unfortunately, a lot of VFers might lose some respect for the girls.
This was my thought, and I don't think I will watch for this reason alone. I like them right now and want to keep it that way.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-14, 07:02 PM  
rose2boys

I happened to catch about 15-20 min of it the other day (not sure if it was a preview "first look" segment or the whole show) -- my ist impression: STUPID! They seemed kinda charming, but mainly so ditzy & I am not sure they are interesting enough to carry a whole hour let alone season -- JMHO. Maybe will get better or grow on me, but so far not on my must see list.

But, you never know -- seems Bravo is sprouting up with every dumb theme for a reality show imaginable & people love it!

I really used to love that network, but now...meh..

Note: I do wish them success, but something about them annoys me & just doesn't set well w/my style/vibe...I do enjoy their workouts occasionally though...
Old 01-01-14, 07:06 PM  
nairie

I shouldn't talk though b/c (hangs head in shame) I do watch REal Housewives of BH and OC. Yes, yes, I know

? have to update/365
nairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 02:47 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
My first exposure to Karena was as one of the background exercisers in Jessica Smith's Look Better Naked. Karena moved so awkwardly in this and her form was off - I wasn't impressed. [/IMG]
I think it's because she is sort of lanky, so when she moves it sort of stands out. I don't think she has bad form though.

I didn't like K&K the first time I did their workout, but they grew on me. It's like working out with a silly friend. I think they have pretty decent workouts. But if the bravo show is not a workout show, then I am not interested.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 02:48 PM  
isebelleg44

I don't mind fizzy fun and enjoy some of the Housewives show, but I watched the sneak preview on Monday and thought it was awful!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 05:23 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

Yes, I watched the first 10 minutes and was wondering if they were pretending to be ditzy for ratings. I haven't had any exposure to them before but was hoping to see more about the workouts and food choices but it was really bad......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 05:45 PM  
mle777

I've been one of K&K's bigger supporters on VF. Love those girls...then I watched the preview show the other night and was left sort of lukewarm about them. They are incredibly smart business women that have built up an amazing company and push hard to encourage women to feel good about themselves. I wish that the smart business women side showed through more on the show and less of the dingy surfer girl side. Though, based on most of television these days, it's not "hip" to show your intelligence if you're a woman.

I was worried that it was just me, but then DH walked in the room, watched about 3-4 minutes and then turned to me and said "you know, the shorter one would be pretty hot if she wasn't so dang annoying."

I had set the series to record on my dvr, but now I'm considering deleting it. I just don't want the show to take away my enjoyment of the dvds.

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 07:22 PM  
intelsana

I didn't think the preview was that bad....no where near as bad the kardashians
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 07:25 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I will check out this show. I admit that I watch Bravo and its absurd reality shows like the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I also like Dance Moms on Lifetime. DH says those shows will rot the brain.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-14, 09:25 PM  
mbcatac7

I have it set on my DVR. They do come off ditzy..but they do seem fun. I actually had to do their workouts a few times before they grew on me. But I do like them..hoping the show is decent and not all about bikini shots playing in the water.

Tags
tiu, tone it up, toned up, tv fitness programs