Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-13, 10:37 PM  
Daizyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
Many people have lost weight just by walking. On the Walk It Out Facebook group that I'm a member of, a lot of weight losses have been reported just from playing WIO.

The OP said "no strength training" but I consider a lot of yoga and barre workouts to be strength training. Resistance is resistance to your body
I have the Walk It Out game. Can you direct me to the group?? Thanks!!
Daizyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-13, 10:44 PM  
Loric

This is going to sound like an incredibly dumb question, but how do you do WIO on a rebounder? I've always just walked on the balance board. Do your steps get counted on the rebounder?
Thx for the input.
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-13, 06:51 AM  
Anny

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowey124 View Post
Has anyone lost weight via low-intensity workouts only and NO strength training (ie NO weights, except maybe bodyweight)? Workouts such as Classical Stretch, Pilates, Yoga (I know some type of Yoga and Pilates aren't necessarily low-intensity, but you get what I mean) Fusion (ie, Ellen, Jessica Smith), Barre, etc?x
I have had a very stressful two years and gained about 10 kg, after losing nearly 40 kg several years ago. The last six months, I have tried eating better and weights and cardio, some HIIT, etc. I never skip a day of working out as its my only me timr. And the weight wasn't budging and the stress of two jobs, abusive relationship, money worries, etc still there.

So I decided I needed to work on dealing with stress. I am making some life changes and since Christmas have been doing mostly yoga and fusion workouts, with an occasional walking or dance workout thrown in.

The yoga in particular is making me feel fantastic, I am sleeping better (for me, I've been an insomniac), and I have lost nearly 2kg. Which I didnt lose with my six months of cardio, weights, AWT. I was already trying to eat better (not perfect!), the only change is more sleep and mostly yoga for my workouts , 30 or 40 minute sessions mostly.

And my upper abs are flatter. Go figure?!

I think it's the less stress thing for me right now, hard workouts were adding to the stress in my already stressed out body .
Old 01-20-13, 07:44 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

In the last 3 months I have dropped about 15 pounds, mainly through changes in diet. I say that because my exercise has been spotty at best. This is good news though, because I know by watching what I eat has been enough to be successful even though I know I need to add exercise in. But if it's lower intensity exercise it's okay, it doesn't have to be hard core stuff which I am not into anymore anyways.

I ditched my soda habit and replaced it with mostly water though I have skim milk too. I have also cut back on eating out, sometimes I have to resort to eating on the go but it has been dramatically reduced. Keeping those two evils at bay have been the key. I have also cut back a little on bread, but mostly watching portions, everything in moderation.

I have another 20 pounds to go, it seems to be coming off slower now but I may try to clean things up a little more and exercise more and see what happens.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-13, 08:26 AM  
Tugger31

I have lost weight with no exercise, low intensity and high intensity with a clean diet and gained with all 3 exercise modes with a bad diet. In both cases, I was stronger, had better endurance and could feel the hardness of my muscles (couldnt seem them as well when I was in bad eating mode) with heavier strength training and cardio workouts that made me sweat. I increased my flexibility a bit more with barre type workouts but lost muscle tone in the long term.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-13, 08:44 AM  
herya

I did lost weight through yoga. When I started I lost a stone, and most likely more in terms of fat since it got replaced by muscle. For me it's not only about its exercise aspect, but it also regulates appetite and reduces cravings (my diet is fairly good but I used to like evening snacks) and in general makes you feel good about yourself so you feel like coming back with no stress or strain. I think it's highly effective as an everyday weight management system.
Best results are when I keep a daily intermediate practice with lighter days if I'm feeling the need. This type of yoga is not draining and it does wonders to my energy and appetite. I am looking forward to it every night. I am currently on YogaToday rotation with an hour of yoga every day and since Christmas I definitely leaned out and my usual winter love handles have shrunk back in. Stronger yoga such as UY may be even better in terms of calorie expenditure. I need to take it easy on my shoulder for a while (I have a pinched nerve from my shoulder bag... imagine that) but I am looking forward to more UY soon. It makes you feel so great in your body.
Old 01-20-13, 08:44 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daizyduke View Post
I have the Walk It Out game. Can you direct me to the group?? Thanks!!
Sure! It's called "WIO Facebook Page Fans." Here's a link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/250698261683387/

They have maps, useful guides, and copies from the original WIO discussion group on FB including what the producer wrote about creating the game.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-13, 11:26 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loric View Post
This is going to sound like an incredibly dumb question, but how do you do WIO on a rebounder? I've always just walked on the balance board. Do your steps get counted on the rebounder?
Thx for the input.
You use the remote+nunchuck input. I tried it, and I prefer the DDR mat, but some folks prefer the rebounder, and there was even someone here who did WIO while hooping

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-13, 11:39 AM  
Loric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
You use the remote+nunchuck input. I tried it, and I prefer the DDR mat, but some folks prefer the rebounder, and there was even someone here who did WIO while hooping
Thx so much Sue! I appreciate your responding.
Loric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-13, 01:40 PM  
F1mom

Higher intensity exercise makes me ravenously hungry and if I don't eat the calories back my body seems to hang on to the fat.

I seemed to magically lose weight doing nothing but recumbent biking for 30 to 60 minutes a day and not eating processed food. Maybe I should watch Turbo Fire while biking. Hmmm ...
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abb, aerobic base building, leslie, low intensity, walking, weight loss, yoga