Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-10-11, 09:17 AM  
PLS

Malibu Pilates!

Ok, I had a coupon for 20% off a purchase up to $250 at our local salvage store. This is where I get all of my great deals on fitness equipment. So they have a malibu pilates chair for $199 I don't think they have the workouts with it since I bought several off the shelf for $4 each. Anyway today is the expiration date for the coupon, I had enough saved to go get it AND................................... I thought Hmmm, lets check Craigs list first!
SCORE!!!!!!!!! $70 for a lightly used one with ALL of the WORKOUTS and paperwork etc. I emailed immediately and I get to pick it up tonight! Yipppeee. And the workouts I bought are all the Accelerated ones? They are not the ones pictured with the informercial chair so no duplicates.

And NO I did not NEED another piece of fitness equipment :-) It is key that I am able to admit this, not sure where to put it or how to fit it into my current rotation of KB's, Turbo fire & URX-MT. Maybe weekends????????????

Only a VF'r would understand my excitement!
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 09:56 AM  
juberann

WOO-HOO Congratulations! that is a great deal, for sure. I completely "feel" your excitement right now and I don't even want a Malibu Pilates chair
Don't worry as far as where to put it, you'll find somewhere, it's a gift all of us vidiots have Enjoy!
Old 06-10-11, 10:05 AM  
alisoncooks

I'm totally jealous. I've been wanting one of these for quite a while...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 10:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Please write again after you've had a chance to use it! Nice find.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 12:17 PM  
Getfit

Great find, you got to love Craiglist. Do report back on how you like it. From time to time I see several posts for malibu pilates. I peruse Craigslist at least 4x a week looking for deals. I am always scared I might miss something if I don't. I have found really great deals on Craigslist. Right now I am looking for a spin bike. I had an opportunity to get one a while back at a really great price but I was trying to hagle and contemplate if I really needed it and somene who knew the value of the item purchased it. My best buy thus far has been my 1/2 fold ReboundAir for $60 and STS with about 14 other DVDs for $70. I wonder if STS was a good deal considering I still have not used it . I did buy the fludity bar for $50 with 3 DVDs. On Tuesday, I purchased Turbo Fire for $45 and it still had the Beachbody shipping label on the box. She also showed me the invoice and I could tell because I accidently purchased a NIB sealed Turbo Fire and I was so excited to buy it I did not look closely at the packaging or booklets until I got home and after careful inspection I knew it was a replica also one of the DVDs got stuck in my Bose system and cost me $125 to send in to the manufacturer for repair.
Old 06-10-11, 04:01 PM  
PLS

I will definitely report back after using it, probably this weekend. Just like Christmas!
I did end up going to the salvage store and used my 20% coupon on Tony's 10 minute trainer set with the band for $27 :-) thought it might be good to use with DS. Oh, and 2 more dvd's to go with the MP chair for $4 each. So I will have plenty of workouts to keep me busy for a while.

Getfit- I agree, I really like CL. I have only made 3 purchases there, but all have been great deals- Fluidity barre for $40 (thanks to a VF'r who saw it and posted), DS's French Horn- $350 and in perfect condition, his music teachers mouth just dropped open when he saw it and played it, and now the Malibu Pilates chair. I eventually hope to get a pilates reformer? but that is after I build a real workout room. LOL.
PLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 04:45 PM  
Getfit

I have been looking at the reformer also but my workout room is not that big and my treadmill takes up a lot of space.
Old 06-10-11, 06:07 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Cool. Congrats. Let us know how you like it. I'm going to Craig's List now !
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 07:45 PM  
buffmama

Even after going to look at what this actually is I still think "Malibu Barbie" whenever I see Malibu Pilates.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-11, 08:53 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I found one on CraigsList and made an offer. It's only 3 of the 7 DVDs and doesn't have the upper body bar thingies, but that's okay.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
malibu pilates