Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-11, 01:50 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizach View Post
Sold! I ordered a few minutes ago. I'm so stupid! It was $10 cheaper before.

Hahaha, I was torn between Zumba, Asylum and the URX.
And the winner is: Zumba Exhilirate!
I reserve the right to buy URX later though.
LOL!!! I already bought URX. I was going to wait on Asylum since I need to go through my URX, Rip:60, and Supreme 90 DVDs. Plus BeachBody doesn't give early discounts anyway.

But those are Bootcamp workouts so Zumba doesn't count, right? The clips look really good. I haven't been buying dance DVDs because they move so slow even though they are fun. However, reading these reviews (thanks VFers!!!) make it sound like these are more like the real classes. I love when instructors mix Latin, hip-hop, and African too. So I'm glad there is lots of variety.
Old 04-09-11, 01:57 PM  
klaux

Just saw the new infomercial and I'm in! I am a beginner to Zumba with the Transfirmation set, but it is so much fun I can't imagine not enjoying having even more dance routines to feel silly and sweat to! Now I just need BBL 2 when it comes in and I will be set. I'm so excited!!
klaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 02:11 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
LOL!!! I already bought URX. I was going to wait on Asylum since I need to go through my URX, Rip:60, and Supreme 90 DVDs. Plus BeachBody doesn't give early discounts anyway.

But those are Bootcamp workouts so Zumba doesn't count, right? The clips look really good. I haven't been buying dance DVDs because they move so slow even though they are fun. However, reading these reviews (thanks VFers!!!) make it sound like these are more like the real classes. I love when instructors mix Latin, hip-hop, and African too. So I'm glad there is lots of variety.

I have Supreme 90 too - most of them are virgins.
Dance workouts are my stress relievers. I believe in stress reduction, hahaha. They keep me from turning to food for comfort.

I just added my fitness DVD expenses this year .
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 04:43 PM  
cpcathy

NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!
These look really fun! I like the set and the costumes! I actually gave away my Transformation set, they seemed to spend SO much time on the move where you turn your legs in one direction and move your elbow in the other direction, I got so bored. I'll wait for the full infomercial before I'm completely helpless to resist!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-11, 07:15 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Here's a breakdown of the DVDs you get in the Exhilarate set.

1. Step by Step 55 minutes (Tanya & Gina instruct!)
2. Activate 40 minutes (Tanya & Gina lead!)
3. Rush 20 minutes (Kass & Loretta, though Kass leads majority)
4. Exhilarate 60 minutes
5. Ripped 60 minutes (toning and seat workout with Beto & other lead)
6. Mix 55 minutes (professional guest dancers & others)
7. Fitness Concert 60 minutes (everyone participates)

You also get a program guide in the kit, with different rotations (depending on your goals.) Inside the guide booklet is a suggested menu with recipes, and some stretch exercises.

The toning sticks are the same as what is included in the Transformation set.

The set comes beautifully packaged. Very well done and production and quality are superb!
Nice LONG workouts!!! I love that. I'm really glad to see these are all almost a full hour. Thanks for posting this!

And can I assume that there are no problems ordering from the Zumba site? I get a little leary sometimes.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 08:46 AM  
Waterbabie
VF Supporter

These are fun workouts and I like them better than the last kit. I've been a bad VFer; I was one of the first to receive mine, but I'm late to the Turbofire party and have been a bit obsessed with those lately

I did Zumba Ripped & Sentao today and was surprised at how much I enjoyed these. the first uses 1.5 lb macarana type sticks (I doubled up as I had an extra pr) and the second uses the chair for barre type work. Both have plenty of dancing in between the toning moves. I did Rush earlier in the week and really enjoyed that too.

I wasn't crazy about the Fitness Concert but that may be because I don't know the steps -- I thought it would be like the Zumba Live from the last kit which is my favorite Zumba workout (so far).

I have to give TF a break because my hip flexors are bothering me so I'll fit some more Zumba in this week. Oh yeah, the Urban Rebounding workouts should be showing up soon as well
Old 04-11-11, 08:56 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

How is the music in the workouts? I was so disappointed with the Transformation set that I gave it away. The informercial for that set was very misleading IMO because the music in the commercial did not match the music on the actual DVDs. It seemed like they just threw some music together and laced it with the word "Zumba" throughout. Did Beto at least spend some money on licensing rights for these workouts? I've attended live zumba classes and the music is what makes the classes fun.

Paula
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 09:04 AM  
momofcha

OK, you guys are selling me on this bit by bit. I got the transformation set in a temp trade and was really less than impressed. If this set is WOW better, then maybe I might give it a shot... I desperately need to add some cardio in my life and can't find anything I like....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 01:49 PM  
IvysMom

just curious, but is the lighting as flashy as it is in the youtube preview? i got nauseous with all the flashing lights.
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-11, 02:30 PM  
ardnas

Can someone please share, how does this arrive? Via UPS, FedEx, or regular mail?
Thanks

Tags
chair workouts, zumba, zumba exhilerate