Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-10, 09:16 PM  
pharma_gal

Workout Skirts/Skorts

Lately I have been obsessed with skorts. I have a couple new balance bonita and I recently bought one form JCPenney.

But most of them are very expensive. Do you wear skorts and if so which ones do you recommend?

R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-10, 09:56 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have one made by Champion that I got in Target last year for a reasonable price. I think skorts are more flattering than shorts at least on me.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 08:14 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I don't know much about skorts, but remembered an old thread about them. Some of the info in it might still be valid - http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ighlight=skort

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 08:53 AM  
Buzzer

I got a black and a pink champion one at Ross for $6 each () at the end of the summer last year. I was obsessing over them at Target all summer, but was waiting for them to go on clearance, which they never did (that I saw). So I was so happy to see them at Ross!!
I also got a TekGear one from Kohl's, hated the fabric. It's more stiff and blousy on me.
I love my workout skorts, and I used to own a bunch of skirt-skorts when I worked in an office. I heard then that they were tacky and outdated and "who would wear THOSE?" so I figured fine, you don't know I wear it, you don't have to know

I do love skorts, and find them more flattering and more feminine than shorts. I'm not good at wearing skirts (there's a pic somewhere of an old co-worker & I at the mall, sitting on a step, and you can look right up my skirt and see my underwear! I had no idea! The guy who volunteered to take our pic probably still gets a giggle out of that. After that day, I started wearing underwear the same color as my skirt, and also started seeking out skorts!!)
so skorts are totally for me!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 08:53 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I have one made by Champion that I got in Target last year for a reasonable price. I think skorts are more flattering than shorts at least on me.

Leslie

I got one two years ago and it still looks GREAT. I can also wear it out to run errands, etc. They're well made and reasonably priced.
Old 07-25-10, 10:52 AM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

I wear skorts every day I'm not working, winter and summer. That's one of the advantages to living in Phoenix. (The disadvantage is that it's supposed to be 113 today... )

I don't work out in them though - something about that fabric... I feel much more comfortable in my old cotton shorts.

I have several (and I mean several!) pair I've gotten through the years. My best purchases have been the Champion skorts at Target in the fitness section. I literally have worn my hot pink Champion skort over 100 times and it's still like new. Amazing. They are generally around $20. If I love the pattern I'll pay full price, if not I'll wait and hope to get them on sale.

I've also tried some from WalMart cause they were cute funky colors, but the WalMart seaming always seems to be off and they have ripples and ridges. I've found that with many of their clothes so don't buy them anymore.

The secret to keeping those Champion/Target skorts like new is to dry them on low heat for only about 10 minutes then hang them up. I swear, I'll be a 70 year old lady still wearin those hot pink ones!
DebnPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 10:53 AM  
DebnPhx
VF Supporter

LOL! Look at my Avatar - it's from about 6-7 years ago. My little girl is now a 'tween' (and how!) and I bet I was wearing those hot pink skorts!
DebnPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 11:32 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I ordered six running skirts from www.runningskirts.com last week for the clearance price of $10 each.
sheepla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 12:37 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepla View Post
I ordered six running skirts from www.runningskirts.com last week for the clearance price of $10 each.
Wow..$10! Wish I knew about the clearance..Their skirts are so expensive..
R.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-10, 05:39 PM  
BurnRN

I like these
http://www.onemoremilerunning.com/in...&productId=227
BurnRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skirt, skort, workout clothing