Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-10, 05:03 PM  
dnna

how about the Firm yayas swapmeet- sometimes I just despair of a trade and have been so lucky to buy what I wanted from the yayays.

Last edited by dnna; 07-16-10 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 05:07 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmolmacmom View Post
Amazon is easy to use for selling but be prepared it might take them a while to sell.
And there's a lot of competition. You have to go in periodically and make sure others aren't beating you on price.

Also be prepared that some stuff is worth much less on Amazon.com than on eBay, such as Jari Love's Ripped.

Good rule of thumb for Amazon trading: if the lowest new/used price to sell is less than $2.00, you're better of trading it in. By the time you pay for a mailer, postage and fees, you net about the same. Downside: the trade in site doesn't care whether the DVD is new or used.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 05:11 PM  
Breezy Trousers

During the past year, I've taken up kettlebells and, as a curious result, * HAVE * stopped buying so many DVDs. So, in the past two weeks, I've sold 100-150 (??) DVDs I seldom used on the YA YAs Swap/Sell forum so I could buy a kettlebell rack. No fees or costs are assessed over there, unlike ebay.

Please know that I sold the DVDs at rock-bottom prices because I was eager to cut my losses on DVDs I accumulated but seldom used in exchange for a badly-needed kettlebell rack that would last forever. And I'm sure I made several Ya-Yas very happy because they got some great DVDs for dirt cheap. It was a win-win happy situation for all!

I doubt the DVDs would have sold as well or as quickly had I asked more reasonable prices; however, I'm confident * most * of the DVDs would have sold in time at higher prices over there, had I been patient. So you might want to consider it.

In the past, I've donated over 100 DVD's to friends & co-workers, to the public library and to Goodwill.

P.S. Joan, I love the DVDs4vets link! How cool is that!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 05:25 PM  
lmattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy Trousers View Post
During the past year, I've taken up kettlebells and, as a curious result, * HAVE * stopped buying so many DVDs. So, in the past two weeks, I've sold 100-150 (??) DVDs I seldom used on the YA YAs Swap/Sell forum so I could buy a kettlebell rack. No fees or costs are assessed over there, unlike ebay.
I've been wanting to check out the Ya-Yas board for quite some time, but can't seem to get to it. I know there's a sticky thread at the top of this forum that discusses how to get there, but the directions don't seem to work for me Can anyone give me a direct link to the site? Thanks!

Lori
lmattern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 05:35 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
You could sell them via Amazon...They provide the artwork, description, etc. You provide the condition and price.

Or if you didn't want to deal with the hassle of mailing items, you could donate them to your local library or Goodwill.

ETA: Also, Amazon.com has a program where they will offer you an Amazon.com gift card for your trade ins. They provide a mailing label, you mail it in, they send you a gift card via email. Look at any dvd product page on Amazon and to the right, it may say, "Get a $x.xx Amazon.com Gift Card. Trade It In Here."
I have use the amazon trade in also. In a few days they send you an Amazon gift card in exchange for your DVDs..
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 05:40 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Another worthwhile alternative to Goodwill & libraries is an organization called DVDs4Vets. They distribute all donated dvds to veterans hospitals & veterans outreach center for veterans to use free of charge. They accept fitness dvds as well as 'regular' movie/TV ones.

http://www.dvds4vets.org/

Thank you for posting this, Joan. Another good option for donating old or unused DVDs.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 05:49 PM  
tamib

This should take you to ya-ya swap http://firmbelivers.yuku.com/forums/19
tamib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 07:41 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Joan, thanks for the site, dvds4vets.org! I've given a bunch to our local DAV thrift store, but this would be nice, too
Old 07-16-10, 08:27 PM  
JP44

Someone else posted about DVDs4Vets on here or yayas awhile back & I loved the idea. I donated several to them and it's such a great cause. I'm glad others mights consider helping them out.

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-10, 09:41 PM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Another worthwhile alternative to Goodwill & libraries is an organization called DVDs4Vets. They distribute all donated dvds to veterans hospitals & veterans outreach center for veterans to use free of charge. They accept fitness dvds as well as 'regular' movie/TV ones.

http://www.dvds4vets.org/

Joan (JP44)
Wow, Joanie-Boo, that's an awesome organization. I've just bookmarked it and added it onto my fan pages on Facebook. You know more than most why that organization would appeal to me. Take care, and I'll catch up with you soon.

Love,

A-Jock

Tags
amazon.com, amazon.com marketplace, dvds4vets.org, large collection, purging, swapadvd.com, yayas