Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-10, 10:33 AM  
bearcatfan

I think I'm good at about 40-45 dvds (which might include multiple workouts like a Cathe). More than that, I get overwhelmed and it all looks the same. At that amount, I can really *see* what I have and want to do it.

I am in awe of people who never get rid of workouts, or who have them in the hundreds (I think the most I ever had was about 130 or so). And feel the need to worship at the feet of those who have databases of their workouts.
Old 05-20-10, 10:42 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I don't know how many workouts I have, especially since the miracle of dvd's allows multiple workouts on one disc. I go by bookshelf capacity. I'm not sure if I'm there yet because many of my disc cases are on the floor and discs are piled loosely on the shelf I'm really trying to keep the place tidy, but it's in the basement....
Old 05-20-10, 10:51 AM  
Sass

I didn't have any workout DVDs when I joined and now I have a lot. I don't even know how many. I stopped at 50 and that was some time ago. I don't think I'll ever have a limit. I just can't trade or get rid of any of my DVDs. Mine are with me for life. And yes, my shelf is a hot mess. I'm going to have buy another one eventually. I keep an excel sheet of the titles I have. I put them in by type to keep track. *shrugs*
Old 05-20-10, 10:57 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Yes, I'm another person who limits myself by capacity. My TV sits on a storage cabinet, and my DVDs fit underneath, forming two rows; there are probably around 100 total (I do have a few more that are in CD cases in a small holder on top ). If things start to get too tight, I know it's time to de-clutter! I really don't like having more workouts than I can reasonably use anyway, so if 6 months or longer has gone by and I haven't used a DVD, I know that I need to seriously consider getting rid of it.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 11:09 AM  
desderata

I apparently have no limit, although I have resisted buying anything new for about 3 months. I was looking through my collection the other day, and noticed that there are many workouts I will never do again. Some I've just done to death and I'm so tired of them I don't like them anymore. Others, I just don't care for the style any longer. These include a few of my Cathes, a few Jaris, and a bunch of miscellaneous. I feel stuck, because I got rid of the plastic dvd cases when I started storing them in a CD binder. Do you think they would go in a share the wealth thread even without the original cases?
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 11:12 AM  
laurajhawk

No, no I don't.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 11:12 AM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by desderata View Post
I apparently have no limit, although I have resisted buying anything new for about 3 months. I was looking through my collection the other day, and noticed that there are many workouts I will never do again. Some I've just done to death and I'm so tired of them I don't like them anymore. Others, I just don't care for the style any longer. These include a few of my Cathes, a few Jaris, and a bunch of miscellaneous. I feel stuck, because I got rid of the plastic dvd cases when I started storing them in a CD binder. Do you think they would go in a share the wealth thread even without the original cases?
They could definitely go in share the wealth but I also think you should still consider trading them (if you are a trader). In the case of the Cathes, they will probably be desired although not as much as if they had the cover art with them. If you still have the cover art and it's not cut down or anything, buy a bunch of empty dvd cases first.
Old 05-20-10, 11:16 AM  
desderata

Thanks, Rose. I'm on a mission to reduce all of my "stuff," including dvds, so I'm not a trader. I will get some plain dvd cases and see if anyone wants to SASE for them.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 11:24 AM  
Shelbygirl

I totally have a limit, it's a two-part limit.

First, I don't like to have more than say 60 DVDs at one time. (To "normal" people, that wouldn't sound like much of a limit, wouldit it?). So, if I want to get a new one, an old one has to go.

Secondly, if I find myself not using enough of the 60, then I can't purchase any new ones, even if I get rid of old ones. (For example, right now I'm coping with a frozen shoulder, so I'm not really using any of my weight workouts. Therefore, no new weight workouts for me until I'm able to do full weight workouts again).

Shelbygirl
Shelbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-10, 11:26 AM  
Susanq

It's funny but I can go for months without buying a fitness dvd but the minute I get back on this site, I start buying again!!! I think I've only been posting this time for about three weeks and already I've bought 3 dvds and have my eye on Bob Harpers workouts as well!!
Susanq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hoarding, large collection, vidiocy