Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-09, 12:45 PM  
CarlaShanti

Tight, wicking, and absolutely no sleeves!
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 12:52 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I was wondering the same thing today.

For the first time ever I wore a tight, wicking fitted shirt this weekend when working out at a hotel. It was a very chi-chi hotel so I opted for a new "nice" shirt instead of one of my usual extra large freebies.

It felt WONDERFUL. I am large chested and it just seemed to hold me in better. I have always thought the sports bra was enough; but now I see the error of my ways. I also didn't have to fight the urge to rip it off and throw it across the room once I warmed up, like I do at home. I have already bought more of the tighter workout shirts for home. I guess I will just clean house in my old shirts Nahh, never happen .
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 01:04 PM  
fluffydogfan

I'm not sure if a sports bra and underwear is considered tight or loose. It isn't particularly tight underwear...
Is there a nudist option?

Katie
fluffydogfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 01:07 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffydogfan
I'm not sure if a sports bra and underwear is considered tight or loose. It isn't particularly tight underwear...
Is there a nudist option?

Katie
I'm with fluffydog LOL! I wear a sports bra and boy short undies when I workout. Or tighter but not grab-my-butt tight sweats or capris when I got out. Never shorts. No shirts. Only tank tops, maybe or just a sports bra. If it's really hot, I wear a tank top, because I'll burn.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 03:19 PM  
F1mom

I prefer tighter clothes, usually just a sports bra and some sort of dri-fit brief. I used to work out in large baggy t-shirts, but they were drenched when I finished.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 03:27 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathAL79
I prefer a tighter fit for most activities. Loose stuff just gets in my way or bunches up (especially during Pilates). The main exception is that I've found is that my long bra tops tend to ride up a lot during kickboxing, so a looser top over a sports bra would be my choice the next time I choose to go to a live class.
Most of my workout gear consists of longer sports bra tops and yoga-ish type pants.
Me too for tightish -- I actually like leggings best of all: I can be more aware of my form and alignment and my toes don't get caught in the pant-bottoms (I loathe flare yoga pants for that reason, although I still have some oldies). Also, if I'm going to class I like my teacher to be able to read my body-position.

I like plain cotton or blend tanks and regular sports bras, loose enough not to ride up and clingy enough not to fall over my head when I do handstands or other inversions,

If it's hot, I often just wear my underwear and a tank or t-shirt with above guidelines.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 03:43 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaShanti
Tight, wicking, and absolutely no sleeves!
Ditto! I don't like for loose clothing to get in my way or fall over my head in inversions.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 03:53 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

I'd say I like "close-fitting" (rather than tight) clothing for workouts. If I wear things that aren't as fitted (like baggy t-shirts or shorts) I think I feel sloppy and let my form get sloppy.

Even now, at 7 months pregnant, I'm wearing fitted tops (sometimes a regular sports bra with my big ol' belly exposed) and bottoms as much as possible.

If I'm in public (at the gym or a yoga class) I'm generally more covered up (e.g. wear a long tank rather than just a sports bra) but I still try to stick with more fitted clothes.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-09, 03:59 PM  
lindseylu8

I wear a sports bra and shortish shorts while working out. BUT I work out at home alone-w/ the exception of DH coming in every now and then.

If I were to go to a gym I would definately cover up more. Im not in good enough shape to sport that little of clothes in public

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-09, 01:14 PM  
DeltaMan727

Another vote for tight clothing. I workout in the privacy of my home and my choice in outfits can vary on the time of year. If it’s really chilly out it might be a leotard and tights or a cat suite, or if it’s really warm out just a leotard or maybe a little less.

Geoff
DeltaMan727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
workout clothing