Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-19, 06:19 AM  
lavna

Cathe Live vs Cathe DVDs

How do the Cathe live compare to her DVDs in terms of intensity?
I tried a few live downloads and the pace seemed much faster than her DVDs In a way, they were harder than her DVDs.
How is it for you?
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-19, 07:49 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I think the first couple of years she filmed Cathe Live the pace was a bit slower and she took more water breaks. So if you want slower paced I would try one of the first 100 workouts. She really hit her groove and is super comfortable with the process so her personality really shines through now. I love it! It's just like taking a class with her at her gym!

The last year and a half they seem to be faster paced with fewer water breaks. I don't stress about it if I miss the first rep or two of a set, I can usually add it on real quick before she changes exercises. You can also pause for a minute to get water too.

ETA: To answer your question, I think the intensity is about the same. Her newer dvds were specifically geared toward intermediate level so they are less intense than Cathe Live. You will also find some "easier" Cathe Lives that aren't as long or as intense as her dvd workouts. I love the variety, there is always something that I can choose to fit my energy level or training plan.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 12:00 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I find the Cathe Live workouts to be somewhat easier than the earlier DVDs, more on par with her latest DVDs. I hesitate because she has so many DVDs and some of them are easier than others and I think the same is true of the Lives. As Kathy said, lots to choose from. Some days I combine 2 of the Lives and get the equivalent of some of the harder more intense DVDs.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-19, 07:42 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I have only done one Cathe Live workout, Get Steppin' & it seemed just as intense as her dvd's of the same kind (choreographed step that still packs a punch,) As for the pace, it did feel a little fast, but I have a broken baby toe on my left foot, & I used my right foot to lead with since that's what foot Cathe led with, & I am sideways to the t.v. I am going to use my left foot like normal the next time I do a Cathe Live step workout.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 06:27 AM  
lavna

I was surprised with the intensity since I was under the impression that they were "easier" than the DVDs. But I'm pleased with the intensity of the ones I got and I surely will get some more!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe live, cathe live vs dvds