Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-19, 02:43 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
There are more separate cardio and sculpting workouts, not as many where they are combined. There is a series called Core & Restore that I love. It includes a strength & balance workout with a small weighted ball, a barre workout that uses a chair, a stability ball workout and a stretch workout. Then there is a yoga series called Flow that is taught by instructor Kelly, who I find really appealing. There are a lot of ten minute workouts that are meant to be combined or added to other workouts.
These sound great! Are they available on DVD?
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 03:04 PM  
Carol K

No, they are only available to stream on FitFusion. They range from 10 to 30 minutes.
Old 04-30-19, 03:27 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I feel like the really old original ones I have on VHS only are fabulous, fun, and amusingly weird at times.
I love their weirdness and the FitPrimes and KickButts are even weirder IMO
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-19, 06:18 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
Maybe I didn’t scroll far enough down. I didn’t see it. Any idea the date it was posted?

ETA: Found it. Posted April 9.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-19, 11:46 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
I love their weirdness and the FitPrimes and KickButts are even weirder IMO
Oh, my gosh, they so are, and I love it.

Something this thread doesn't touch on (yet) is the scriptedness of the FIRMs and WHFM workouts. Sometimes when I do a more recent WO from a former FIRM instructor that isn't scripted, I feel like they come off too casually, and I'm not getting enough pertinent guidance in a formal way. OTOH, for ones I've done over and over and over, to be able to know precisely when Susan Harris is going to say "ribs and hips and ribs" or the precise rhythm of Jen Carmen saying "front, side, center and jump" can get a little stale.
Old 05-01-19, 12:59 PM  
PhyllisG

I just started revisiting FP and KB again. I am loving them. Did them when they first came out, found them weird, sold them and now are reacquiring them and totally enjoying them. Not finding them weird! Must be age.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 03:28 PM  
flower22

I'm in the process of organizing my DVD collection, and came upon 5 Day Abs - what great DVD! I'd love to join the Facebook group, and put in a request today.
flower22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 05:50 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I'm 61 and I do FIRM and BeMax workouts 6 days per week. Not just the old FIRMs, all of them. In 2015 I replaced all my VHS FIRMs with DVD, except for the 6 compilations and the one Basic workout that I have. I have 106 FIRM workouts and with the 31 BeMax workouts, I never get bored, even though there are no more new workouts for me to buy.
Love this post, Carol! You've always been the most steadfast, loyal FIRM user on VF I've ever known.

I haven't counted but feel I have nearly as many FIRM workouts (there were a few I never cared for) all on DVD now, plus FitPrimes, WHFNs, Tracie Longs, etc. It's hard for me to do long workouts now but I still love and use the 45 min ones, and sometimes I'll do sections of the longer videos. Would never get rid of any of them though, and I hope to get back to longer workouts one day. I've never tried the BeMax workouts though. Must they be streamed or can they be downloaded? I'd love to try one. (ETA - just saw the BeMax info above.)

Emily's video made me sad. The end of an era (again)? I wish them all well with all my heart. They carried on their revision of Anna Benson's legacy which was so great.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-19, 05:55 AM  
Carol K

The BeMax workouts have to be streamed. I use Chromecast to stream them to my TV. There is a 7-day trial period and it's easy to cancel on the web site. The workouts are all between 10 and 30 minutes. Tonight I'm doing Core & Restore Barre 1 & 2 for a total of 25 minutes.
Old 05-16-19, 06:52 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks for the info Carol!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm, revisiting the firm, the firm