Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-18-15, 01:26 AM  
oogy99

Help with Ballet Body (Leah Sarago) rotation?

I'm a bit of a lurker on the VF forum, but I thought I'd finally post with a query for help!

I've been doing a Ballet Body DVD rotation this summer, and have gotten great results thus far. I'm at the end of the Phase II, as shown on this plan you can download from Leah's BB website: www.mediafire.com/file/q2tzab744n9s9cb/BalletBodyDVDguide.pdf

I'm a little worried about moving to Phase III of the plan, because the time commitment ramps up—you have to complete five workouts per week, rather than the three workouts per week that I have been doing.

I wondered if I could maintain my results (or even improve) by staying with Phase II? I still find these DVDs pretty challenging—in fact, I feel they've actually gotten harder for me, because I've been able to do all the reps with better form and focus then I did in the beginning.

Alternately, I thought about instead moving to the Ballet Body Periodization Systems (see http://store.leahsaragofitness.com/b...n-systems.html. I wasn't sure if I should start with System I or System II, however—since I have already done 8 weeks with the DVDs already?

Has anyone else had this experience with Ballet Body? I love this program, I am just not sure how to move forward.
oogy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-15, 07:40 AM  
hotncmom

Hi, I'll have to give you a quickie answer for now, but the periodization systems are great, however, if you follow them to the T you'll spend up to 75 minutes per workout.

You should probably start with BBPS1 instead of 2, because the difficulty level really ramps up on 2.

When I was doing BBPS, I made the workouts shorter by skipping the abs segments - I don't like c-curve and crunches and my abs looked pretty dang good with just planks.

BTW, I never finished BBPS1, got halfway through twice. I'm going to try again this fall. I had my leanest body ever combining Ballet Body with floorwork, yoga, and walking. Unfortunately, I don't have the time I used to.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-15, 04:07 PM  
oogy99

Thanks so much for your reply! That's very helpful. I see I can buy the first periodization system as a discounted bulk download package on the Ballet Body website.

I might try and finish this DVD rotation first—there is a "active recovery week" after this week, which might be enough rest to tackle the more intense "Phase III" segment.

That's a good tip about skipping the core workout if I run short of time. I do feel that all the planks in the upper body DVD strengthen the core already.

The Core DVD starts with a 10 minute standing segment that I could also eliminate—it's more of a balance/warm-up. I actually like that segment more than the 30 minute mat/c-curve segment, but I think the mat segment is more challenging than the standing portion!
oogy99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ballet body, ballet body rotation, ballet body rotations, leah sarago, periodization plan, periodization system