Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-14, 07:44 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it. I have about all of Margaret's workouts.

Cyana-I do have both of those Ravi/Ana dvds. I will see if I can do them seated on a chair or the edge of the couch. I'm not up for getting up and down from the floor yet.

Lynn-you weren't in pain doing boxing standing? I may try it in a few days. I am not up for it yet. I'd just stand still, though until I am more healed.

I can't go to the Queen concert tomorrow (sigh..I am SO disappointed) It is just too much walking, and the pain is much worse at night. We hope to get tickets to another show on 7/26. We'll wait until that day to check for tickets to make sure I'm healed enough to go.

Thanks !
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 05:37 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Sherry - Leslie's Shortcuts Upper and Lower Body are available on her 7 Day Calorie Blast DVD, if you are interested in getting those workouts that is.

http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone...+calorie+blast

Of course, Margaret Richard is always a good bet too, I am really liking her stuff lately.

Sorry about your ankle! I sprained mine last summer, seems like it took forever to heal. Hope yours heals quickly!

Hang in there....
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 06:02 AM  
sherry7899

Tara-thank you ! I had hoped to find the Leslie for a cheaper price.

I am not very patient with healing time, but I guess I will have to be. I am really upset that we are missing at least three weeks of going to the beach. That is our favorite place to go (sigh...)

I did a short seated yoga practice, a seated tai chi for seniors and a Zumba seated warm up-that one bugged my shoulders too much. I might try something else later.

Sherry

Old 07-16-14, 07:25 AM  
horsemom2

Arnica Gel

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, everyone should have several tubes of Arnica gel and never leave home without one. Yes, it works best if immediately applied to an injury but even if applied well after an injury, it relieves pain and speeds healing. It has changed my life and is seriously the one fitness item I would take to a deserted island.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 07:33 AM  
horsemom2

Arnica gel would also immediately help that shoulder issue as well

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 09:32 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

ambush hug!!!!
Old 07-16-14, 09:53 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks, Norakate!!!

Hugs back-
Sherry

Old 07-16-14, 01:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I do not have Shortcuts and it is 25 dollars on Amazon! Ouch!
i remember noticing that a few years back. a used copy is $11 + s/h. if you think that's bad, the abs one is $32.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 01:45 PM  
sherry7899

Jeannine, that price is crazy! Tara very kindly pointed out that the upper/lower body Shortcuts is on a Leslie compilation on Amazon that was only $10, so I ordered it. I used to have them on VHS and did like them.

Sherry

Tags
ankle, ankle injury, arnica, chair exercise, chair workouts, seated, seated workouts