Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-10, 03:11 PM  
bubbles76

Momof2Gremlins, I thought the white cat in your avatar was a statue! Very pretty.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 04:20 PM  
laurajhawk

I worked on updating my inventory last night. Got through the yoga (which is well over half the collection). DH saw me working on it and didn't even flinch -- that's some kind of breakthrough, I think.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 06:35 PM  
kali1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonam View Post
I have a lot of DVDs as well as books and wanted to inventory them all for insurance purposes, so went high tech. I downloaded the Movie Collector and Book Collector from Collectorz.com and bought a scanner.

Now, when I get a new DVD (or book) I can either enter it manually by ISBN or scan it. The program searches the internet and finds the info, including front cover. Sometimes the cover isn't found, but they have a search tool for that, too.

Once the title is in, you can do multiple disks -- useful for Cathe, for example, as well as personal information -- # of stars, seen/not seen, etc...

I LOVE it!
Collectorz.com sounds great! Now do you have to buy their scanner or will any scanner do?
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-10, 06:35 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I have a Word document on which I did a major update a couple of months back, when I finally unpacked all my workouts after two years in storage. Since then, I update whenever I get something new. My videos and DVDs are scattered in boxes and on racks/shelves on two different floors of the house, so I need a list to prevent me from buying duplicates.

One of these days, when I master any spreadsheet program, I'll move everything over. I'm a little afraid because that will cater to my compulsive side - instructor, type of workout, total length, equipment needed, number of minutes of cardio vs. weights vs. warmup/cooldown.....
Old 11-09-10, 03:35 AM  
ramonam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali1 View Post
Collectorz.com sounds great! Now do you have to buy their scanner or will any scanner do?
They have three that they recommend on their site, so their software would seem to support different scanners. They have a trial version that lets you upload 50 items +/- (can't remember exactly) so, if you already have a scanner, maybe you could try it? Also, their customer service has been great, so you could send them an e-mail and expect a quick response.

Since I have A LOT of books and DVDs, having the scanner enabled me to get them entered quickly and easily but, now that they are in there, I rarely have a need for it. I'm still glad I got it, though. Typing those ISBNs would have taken forever!
ramonam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burglary, inventory, large collection, organizing