Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-20, 01:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I read The Reunion by Roisin Meaney and really enjoyed it. She has been one of my favorite authors for a long time, but I haven't enjoyed the last couple of books. Frustrating. I really enjoyed this book. I think some of this was because I enjoyed it. I liked the story and the characters.

Now I'm reading Staying at Daisy's by Jill Mansell and Void Moon by Michael Connolly.

I am excited because I will pick up library books next week. The libraries aren't open to go into, but you can reserve books online and go to a pickup site to get them. Yay. I've read a lot of my own books during this time and have enjoyed that, but am ready for some new stuff.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 01:17 PM  
sherry7899

Laura, I have Roisin's newest book, but I have not read it yet. I will save it for you after I read it.

I am reading "I know your secret" by Ruth Heald. I am absorbed in it so far. I will list my recent reads later.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 01:44 PM  
Carol K

I just finished The World That We Knew by Alice Hoffman and I got an e-mail from the library that Ask Me Again, Yes is waiting for me to pick up. Our libraries opened on June 8. We have to return books in the drop-box outside. Then at the entrance they have people handing out masks if you walk in without one. There is plexiglass running the full length of the counter and there are arrows and circles on the floor everywhere. One day this will be "The World That We Knew".
Old 06-26-20, 02:32 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I haven't been keeping up here! Here's my recent read list from Good Reads:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/lis...eth?shelf=read

I just finished Their Eyes Were Watching God. I'm still reading Skill in Action and Marian Keyes' book of short stories/essays, Cracks in My Foundation, which I started earlier this week. I did curbside pickup at the library today and got A Killer Edition, my next read in the Booktown Mystery series; I'll start that later today.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 02:43 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I just finished The World That We Knew by Alice Hoffman and I got an e-mail from the library that Ask Me Again, Yes is waiting for me to pick up. Our libraries opened on June 8. We have to return books in the drop-box outside. Then at the entrance they have people handing out masks if you walk in without one. There is plexiglass running the full length of the counter and there are arrows and circles on the floor everywhere. One day this will be "The World That We Knew".
Carol, I am glad you are getting "Ask me again, yes." I had saved it for you in case your library wait was too long.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 03:01 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I am excited because I will pick up library books next week. The libraries aren't open to go into, but you can reserve books online and go to a pickup site to get them. Yay. I've read a lot of my own books during this time and have enjoyed that, but am ready for some new stuff.
Same here, but our library won't allow online reservations -- I have to call in and speak to a librarian. And I HATE talking on the phone, lol, so I probably will just keep plodding along with rereading my collection. I have hundreds of books so it's not like I'm suffering...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-20, 03:04 PM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Carol, I am glad you are getting "Ask me again, yes." I had saved it for you in case your library wait was too long.
That's really nice of you, Sherry. I wasn't expecting to get it this quickly. I was going to start the 8th book of the Poldark series next, but no one is waiting for that, so I'll read the book that's lots of people are waiting for.
Old 06-27-20, 04:36 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I haven't been keeping up here! Here's my recent read list from Good Reads:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/lis...eth?shelf=read
Thanks for sharing your list, I'm always on the lookout for good things to read.
Old 06-27-20, 04:56 AM  
Erica H.

I can't remember when I checked in here so I may be posting some of the same info.

I'm reading The Book of Lost Friends now. I had high expectations, but am not loving it. It's ok, just not as good as I expected.

Finished a memoir, The Sound of Gravel, and really liked it.

I also read, Before I Forget: Love, Hope, Help, and Acceptance in Our Fight Against Alzheimer's. I had mixed feelings about it, but am glad I read it.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-20, 08:56 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anna, I always post detailed reviews of anything I read on Amazon (link in signature), but this year, I've been trying to use Good Read to specifically keep track of number of books.

It's cooler and rainy here today--a good reading day.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, reading, summer reading