Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-21, 01:59 AM  
Vantreesta

Wireless earbuds for tiny ears

The only earbuds that have ever stayed in my tiny ears are the Yurbuds Inspire. I have two pair that are still going strong after a lot of use (daily for 8 hours a day for years when I was working) but I would like to find some wireless earbuds for running. I realize battery life is unlikely to last 8 hours but I don't need that for running anyway. Does anyone have any recommendations? Truly my ears seem not much bigger than a kid's ears and one thing that can tick me off bad and fast is earbuds that fall out! (I know, I need to get a handle on my anger issues if earbuds and socks not staying put tick me off but that's a whole other issue!)

I have an Android phone and would prefer to spend less than $50 if possible. Thank in advance for any suggestions!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 11:08 AM  
lunarraine

I am very much the same way. I haven't had any luck with earbuds and have turned to the over-the-ear/behind the neck styles.

If it wasn't for the price point, my first recommendation would be bone conduction headphones. I have this pair https://www.amazon.com/AfterShokz-Ti...dp/B018XNGO5A/
and I love them, but they are pricier. Also, because they don't go over/in the ear, they aren't great if you want something to block out other noises.

I also have these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y5WWTWD They are comfortable and work well, but sound is not quite as good
lunarraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 12:30 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, lunarraine! That first link looks very interesting. I can't quite imagine how they work not being in or over the ear. Not blocking out other noise would be good in some ways while running on streets. The second link looks incomplete; I can't click on it.

I have had problems with the earpieces that hook around the ear as well. My aunt sent a pair of wireless Beats and there was no way they were fitting me! The loop thing sat far above my ear, just like how the fingers of gloves often extend well past my fingertips! Thankfully the Beats work for my husband.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-24-21, 12:42 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I have trouble with most earbuds being too big or uncomfortable, too.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 12:44 PM  
lunarraine

I fixed the second link I have a small head and ears and the can feel like they're a little unstable/weird/loose at first, but they actually stay put really well in my experience.
lunarraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 12:51 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarraine View Post
I fixed the second link I have a small head and ears and the can feel like they're a little unstable/weird/loose at first, but they actually stay put really well in my experience.
Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Old 02-26-21, 07:16 PM  
Hazel Porter

I second (or third?) the recommendation for the AfterShokz bone conduction headphones. They have totally changed running for me, as with in-ear headphones I was constantly readjusting as one or the other of them would wiggle out of my ears.

I actually find the volume better than having one or both earbuds halfway out of my ears. I run mostly on a treadmill and have never felt like I could hear the noise of it above my music (but maybe that's just how loud I play my music!).
Old 02-26-21, 09:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Thank you for your input, Hazel! It sounds like maybe I should just save a little extra and go big!

Old 02-27-21, 12:39 AM  
Vantreesta

I see they make a mini one for smaller heads but it's outrageous on Amazon. Do you guys have the regular or smaller size? I think smaller would be better for me. I wear a kids size baseball cap.

Old 03-02-21, 07:02 PM  
Hazel Porter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
I see they make a mini one for smaller heads but it's outrageous on Amazon. Do you guys have the regular or smaller size? I think smaller would be better for me. I wear a kids size baseball cap.
I bought the mini, and even then when it arrived I was afraid it might bounce around too much (it doesn't -- rock solid).

I bought mine from the AfterShokz website and they were $99 (although there were more expensive models that I assume had more functionality, I didn't really need all that). That was maybe 2-3 years ago? They had a ruler that you could print out and wrap around your head to tell you what size you needed. I was sure I needed the regular size, but no, and I'm glad I got the mini.

Tags
aftershoks, ear buds, headphones