Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-03-21, 01:05 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 03:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks Penny.

the hospice team that we worked with kept in touch with me for slightly over a year, including letters, phone calls (they ask you in the beginning if you're interested, and i said i was). it was nice. the letters were nice - they were all form letters and "please remember" lists. it's nice to get real mail, even if it's a standard packet of documents.

some of the subjects included dealing with loved ones' belongings. between my sister and I, we did a lot of donation batches. at the beginning of the pandemic, we donated a lot of my mom's Avon to an elderly "meals on wheels" program when they asked for toiletries.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 04:37 PM  
PennyK

Old 03-03-21, 07:26 PM  
PennyK

Old 03-03-21, 08:18 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
... I believe I read that here, that every time you bring something in, take the same amount out.
This really does help with clutter.

Speaking of which, I need to get the trash ready for pickup tomorrow.
Old 03-05-21, 09:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

in addition to the one in/one out rule, there's a good one from "Sink Reflections"by Marla Cilley, aka Fly Lady.

She has a 27-fling boogie. instead of the "what should i keep" task, it's a "what 27 things can i remove" from my house. there's nothing magical about "27." you do the 27 fling boogie as often as needed. here's what she said:

Quote:
The one rule you have to remember is the bag of trash has to go into the garbage can immediate. The give away items have to go to your car immediately. When I was decluttering I did a “27 Fling Boogie” three times a day: Morning, Noon, and Night! As the clutter left our home, it made it easier to do my simple routine
http://www.flylady.net/d/br/2015/11/...ple%20routines.

i did a 27FB-ish declutter using the number 10 to start off.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 03-06-21, 05:22 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I have started moving things back into my craft room. We'll see how much I can store in and on the new furniture. I'm trying to group things logically and label everything, so it's going to take some time, but I'd rather do it well and be able to keep up with everything. This is where I may start downsizing in some categories depending on what does fit in my space.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 10:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
This is where I may start downsizing in some categories depending on what does fit in my space.
i am grappling with this issue now - eliminating items that i'm not occupied with, or haven't been using for a long time.

i have a large collection of Prevention magazines. i received them from my mom, who had a subscription. i enjoyed reading the magazines, and occasionally, i go back and read them. i can access online back issues going back 2 years through the public library. but i need to get rid of the stacks that i have.

Old 03-08-21, 09:24 AM  
DCW

I love my Prevention magazines, too. I have found that I keep one years worth. So when April 2021 comes in April 2020 is recycled. I have a goal to read a magazine for 15 minutes a day. I am successful about four days a week.

Precovid, I gave my magazines to my elderly relatives to read and keep up on the latest medical and nutrition information. They loved it and changed behaviors too.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 10:32 AM  
PennyK

Tags
career advice, declutter, decluttering, downsizing, sentimental clutter