Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-31-20, 04:16 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker 2021 Check-In

Welcome to the 2021 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-21, 01:14 AM  
Sissy B

Happy New Year!!!
Old 01-02-21, 12:21 PM  
Sissy B

Friday, 1/1 - 4209 steps/1.78 miles

Some of our neighbors started shooting off fireworks about 2:30 p.m. New Year's Eve and did the same yesterday. Needless to say, Belle & Thief were not happy. To ring in the new year, we opened the front door (Irish tradition to let the old year out and the new year in) and DH & I shared a midnight kiss. He went to bed after that and DD and I stayed up to watch the 1st episode of Cobra Kai Season 3 when it premiered here at 2 a.m. It was after 3 a.m. before I finally went to bed.

We watched Auburn play Northwestern in the Citrus Bowl yesterday and then finished watching Season 3 of Cobra Kai on Netflix.
Old 01-03-21, 08:53 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Sissy, My dh watched Notre Dame lose to Alabama on NY day. He's a huge ND football fan.

I'm not even going to bother with reporting my steps. They, along with my workouts, have been pitiful the last 2 months. I'll start back in reporting this week.

We had a great Christmas zoom with the kids on Christmas Day. 15 minutes after the family zoom our youngest son and his fiance (moved in to shelter in place with us 2 months ago) told us they were splitting up, by mutual agreement. They were together 6 years, and the families were fond of each other. She's moved out. There were hugs and tears all around, but it's better now than later if it is meant to be. They are parting as friends and I'm proud of how they have handled it.

Anyhoo............it's been a week of regrouping and reorganizing rooms and adjusting to one less person living in our house.

Here's to 2021!
Old 01-05-21, 10:27 PM  
cdayley

3 mile treadmill walk done. I had a headache all day so I'm going to bed early again. I did a 3 mile treadmill walk yesterday too.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 05:04 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Yesterday I finally made myself do a 10 minute Get Healthy U workout. Today I'm not working out--have a bit of a headache and feel like a lazy slob!

Friday I got a nice walk in with my walking group. I hadn't seen them since before Christmas, so that was fun!
Old 01-11-21, 12:08 PM  
Sissy B

DD went back up to the condo yesterday afternoon. The house feels really empty without her. It was really nice to have her home for an extended time, especially after how awful 2020 was at times. We all needed that time together.

It started snowing at the condo last night and was still snowing this morning. The college did NOT cancel classes so DD is on campus right now. After she got there she got an email that her professor had canceled her first class this morning.

No snow here of course, but it's raining so it feels cold and miserable. I have laundry going and I need to load the dishwasher.

Leslie - I haven't been working out and my steps are pathetic. With both DH & DD being home over the holidays, we cooked and watched old movies or Netflix and just enjoyed having time together.
I’m sorry things didn’t work out for your son and his former fiancée, but it’s good they parted as friends.

Hi, Chrys & Deb! I hope you are both doing well.
Old 01-13-21, 02:43 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Steps last 4 days:

I've also done a few Get Healthy U Strength 10 Minute workouts, which are.........better than nothing, lol!

Lack of motivation reigns supreme, but I am walking on the treadmill while typing this very minute, so I do feel virtuous!

Sissy, I'm glad we have our 22yo here. He's working full-time and on an independent project (AI computer engineer). He seems to be handling the breakup with his fiance ok, but I'm sure he'll be glad to get out of here after we all get vaccinated!
Old 01-16-21, 03:20 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Yesterday I walked the nature trail with a friend. The day before I did one of the 30 minute Serious Strength WO's from Get Healthy U. I'm still sore! Today I did Get Healthy U 10 minute Beginner Strength and am on the treadmill right now. I'll head to the high school track in a few minutes to get some fresh air.
Old 01-25-21, 12:29 PM  
dbclark44

Hello Ladies!!!

Leslie, so sorry about the break up. Hope you get your mojo back regarding exercise.

Chrys, hope you feel better soon.

Sissy, loved reading about your Christmas together. The little girl in your DD is still there. Good idea to keep this thread up for a year vs. a month. Us 4 are still here.

Not much going on with me. Great month of working out though. I'm doing Cathe's Jan rotation and found myself pushing past what I would normally do. She concentrated on her last series Perfect30 this month. I also made it to the pool the first half of the month a few days. Haven't been in 2 weeks now. I m down 30 pounds since last March though. So there is that. So far we are all healthy.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers