Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-20, 03:29 PM  
michl43

Question Ellen’s streaming / buffering

Hi, does anyone else have buffering issues with Ellen’s streaming subscription? I set the setting to a low number, but used to play on auto with no issues I don’t have any buffering issues with classical stretch
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 11:34 PM  
VainJane

I had the same issue when I first tried her service over a year ago. I was in temporary housing with sub-par wifi. I had emailed her customer service at the time and there was nothing they could do. At my new place, with good wifi, it mostly works fine, but some days it's still slow.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 06:40 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I haven't had any trouble yet - I've been using it for about a month - and I often do have trouble with people's streaming.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 07:20 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I only recently subscribed but I have had a few issues, both on my laptop and phone. I also had issues with CS though. I always thought it was our crappy router!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 05:24 PM  
goldengirl

This is a recent email from Ellen addressing the buffering issue. I joined and stopped Ellen's site 2 times due to the buffering. I will try again based on the information in her email.

Happy Monday to you!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for being a part of Ellen Barrett Mindful Movement, and also give you an update. Anything that has to do with computers can be frustrating at times! James (my beloved IT guy), Katie (my very organized web helper), and I are constantly trying to improve the site. We spend lots of time making sure it is running smoothly. In fact, one of us checks the streaming speed of every single video, every single day.

Most of you have been using the site without buffering, which is great. For those of you who have had some inconsistent video play, last week, we adjusted a few settings within our video host and those adjustments seem to have helped. The videos are streaming more seamlessly for everyone now.

Keep in mind, where ever there is wifi, the videos should play. However, in some remote areas, where wifi is "dial up" or just touch and go, the videos might appear glitchy. This is not your devices fault and there is no setting that can "fix" this. It is a wifi connection issue. In your wifi strength notifier, you want at least 3 bars, but 4 is the ideal!

We are planning on offering a few more digital downloads in the spring. I feel like having a few workouts already on your computer (no wifi needed!) may come in handy in a power/wifi outage situation, or while traveling, etc.

That's it for now! Thanks again for trusting us and working out with us. Here's to a fantastic February!
xo Ellen
goldengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 07:01 AM  
katalina

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengirl View Post
This is a recent email from Ellen addressing the buffering issue. I joined and stopped Ellen's site 2 times due to the buffering. I will try again based on the information in her email.

Happy Monday to you!

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for being a part of Ellen Barrett Mindful Movement, and also give you an update. Anything that has to do with computers can be frustrating at times! James (my beloved IT guy), Katie (my very organized web helper), and I are constantly trying to improve the site. We spend lots of time making sure it is running smoothly. In fact, one of us checks the streaming speed of every single video, every single day.

Most of you have been using the site without buffering, which is great. For those of you who have had some inconsistent video play, last week, we adjusted a few settings within our video host and those adjustments seem to have helped. The videos are streaming more seamlessly for everyone now.

Keep in mind, where ever there is wifi, the videos should play. However, in some remote areas, where wifi is "dial up" or just touch and go, the videos might appear glitchy. This is not your devices fault and there is no setting that can "fix" this. It is a wifi connection issue. In your wifi strength notifier, you want at least 3 bars, but 4 is the ideal!

We are planning on offering a few more digital downloads in the spring. I feel like having a few workouts already on your computer (no wifi needed!) may come in handy in a power/wifi outage situation, or while traveling, etc.

That's it for now! Thanks again for trusting us and working out with us. Here's to a fantastic February!
xo Ellen
I hope she'll offer them as DVDs also...
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 07:42 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I got the same email about a month or so ago when I was having some issues. Do they adjust settings every week?
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 07:48 AM  
SEV

When I watch through the Vimeo app I don't have any problem. I have had buffering in the past when playing directly from the website. Sounds like they maybe have fixed that.

Does anyone know why the newest video doesn't have the heart like button?

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 09:24 PM  
michl43

[QUOTE=SEV;2861231]When I watch through the Vimeo app I don't have any problem. I have had buffering in the past when playing directly from the website. Sounds like they maybe have fixed that.

Does anyone know why the newest video doesn't have the heart like button?

Susan[/QUOTE

How do I access her streaming subscription from The Vimeo app? I searched and only see a few older ones. I’m still having buffering on her site and am about to unsubscribe
michl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 10:57 PM  
SEV

The way I use the app is by clicking the like button on a video directly from Ellen's site then there is a "likes" category on the vimeo app. I use it through roku. The last few new workouts have not had the like button (a heart in th upper right corner).

Hope that helps!
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen barrett, ellen barrett streaming