Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-20, 06:33 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

I appreciate that a lot of you are in the same boat as me- dealing with perimenopause/menopause symptoms. The struggle is real and I'm not alone! Although my symptoms aren't severe, the fatigue can be so annoying!!! We'll get through it and exercise helps!
Wendug....so you think exercise would help with my attitude with menopause? I get irrationally angry that I seem to not be able to let go of...I need something that will help that is not a medication.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 06:41 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
There are people I miss, too. After reading this whole thread, I wonder if maybe people have blocked me, or something. Sometimes I do wonder if my posts have not been received well -- I hope that's not the case -- but there seem to be plenty of nice people here, so if a few don't like me for some reason..... oh well, I guess.

I had no idea that Brenda worked her way into Cathe videos by going to a road show initially. That's amazing!! Love that.
i had no clue people could block others.. I also didn't know about Brenda.
Old 02-24-20, 06:57 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Wendug....so you think exercise would help with my attitude with menopause? I get irrationally angry that I seem to not be able to let go of...I need something that will help that is not a medication.
Uhh...have SOO BEEN THERE.

And the answer is YES.

If you can start exercising when you sense it coming on...even just start walking (or in my case, it was stomping ) It seems to take the ugly edge off.

Kickboxing and running while listening to music loudly. I actually put together a playlist that I titled my Unicorn anthems. It was my slightly edgy girl power songs. Think Demi Levato Sorry not sorry. And honestly, I wasn't sorry because I literally couldn't help what I was feeling nor control when it happened. All I could do was minimize how long it lasted and steer it into something useful.

Sang those songs out loud ..a little angrily...until it passed. Everyone around here steered clear when they heard the music.

Also dug a lot of holes planting things
and uprooting things..
I think lots of plants around here were quaking in their roots when I would come stomping out...

The key was finding something I could immerse myself in and unload the feelings onto.

It did eventually pass but all those things helped me get through it. Hope what I did gives you some ideas.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 07:25 PM  
pgun3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Uhh...have SOO BEEN THERE.

And the answer is YES.

If you can start exercising when you sense it coming on...even just start walking (or in my case, it was stomping ) It seems to take the ugly edge off.

Kickboxing and running while listening to music loudly. I actually put together a playlist that I titled my Unicorn anthems. It was my slightly edgy girl power songs. Think Demi Levato Sorry not sorry. And honestly, I wasn't sorry because I literally couldn't help what I was feeling nor control when it happened. All I could do was minimize how long it lasted and steer it into something useful.

Sang those songs out loud ..a little angrily...until it passed. Everyone around here steered clear when they heard the music.

Also dug a lot of holes planting things
and uprooting things..
I think lots of plants around here were quaking in their roots when I would come stomping out...

The key was finding something I could immerse myself in and unload the feelings onto.

It did eventually pass but all those things helped me get through it. Hope what I did gives you some ideas.
Thanks for all those suggestions LOL (they cracked me up) but I am at work when it hits me the worst...the anger is sometime so irrational I can't stand it. When it first started I didn't realize it was my hormones until I started coming to the end of my Perimenopause. And for some reason that feeling is coming back again. I usually just tell the girls I am being quiet at work because I know what will come out of my mouth should not be said. It's very frustrating because I feel like I am becoming anti-social because of it and I am normally more happy go lucky. I used to laugh and have a good time and now I feel like an ornery Ole bitty
Old 02-24-20, 07:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

I am glad that made you laugh.

I am.normally able to employ humor and shake things off but I definitely lost my sense of humor.

Having stress balls at ready access in work situations and squeezing them helped. For me, there started to be patterns/triggers that I tried to avoid. Going too long without eating, not drinking enough fluids, getting too warm.
ETA: bathroom wall pushups were the other thing I did.

Hopefully, me sharing with you that yes it gets real ..well..kinda sucky that this weird wave seems to suck you in..... Just know it doesn't mean you will always feel like an ornery ole bitty because you're not

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 12:22 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
i miss them too, sherry!

Makes me want to yell....

Marco....
polo!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 12:38 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Video Fitness!! I've been a member since 2003 and can't rave enough about this forum!
The people here have always been amazing. If the conversation gets a little nasty, I just don't read that thread. Pretty simple. I must admit I wrote a couple of nasty posts about Jane Fonda but deleted them. Personal reason, my sincere apology!

I LOVE trading! I first found VF via Collage Video. I asked their rep if they knew of any places to trade workouts vids and they pointed me here. It's been a joyful ride ever since. I've built my rather substantial collection through a lot of fun trades and met so many great people here!

I'm sad too that a lot of my friends just disappeared. Some I still keep in touch with, via FB, phone etc. Some just faded away. I don't know why. I'm sure everyone has their own personal reasons for leaving. The ones I keep in touch with I keep trying to get to come back and post. Maybe? ;-)

I have learned a LOT about exercise, form pointers. I've met some wonderful enablers who introduced me to new workouts. I am a workout variety junkie and VF is the place for me!!! Oh yes I read lots of posts, lots of reviews and try to post as often as I can.
You know me - I'll come up with some kind of whacko fitness question!

LOVE you all!! I hope you'll stick around and keep VF alive.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 02:43 PM  
psupam

I don't post much because the things I am most interested in (step aerobics, the FIRM, for example, seem to be out of vogue.
psupam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 03:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
I get irrationally angry that I seem to not be able to let go of...
It is SO GOOD to know I'm not crazy or alone with the irrational anger thing! Gosh I love this forum and all you awesome peeps! I hope VF never disappears! I've learned so, so, so much here!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-20, 05:42 PM  
Calistro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post

Calistro-I am turning 51 in two days and am in hormone hell with you. The insomnia and fatigue are awful! I totally understand. I keep coming here even when I am not exercising much because I hope reading about it will somehow push me to try something, even if it is ten minutes of an easy workout.

This what you said, is a reason for me coming also. I hope it will help me to regain consistency.

I think the lack of new dvd releases definitely plays a part in the smaller amount of discussions. How many instructors really regularly release dvds now? Cathe, Jessica Smith , KCM, Misty Tripoli? There aren't that many. I am sorry if I am forgetting anyone. I never thought I'd see the day when there would not be a bunch of new Leslie Sansone dvds releases every year! Who knew Beachbody would stop releasing dvd sets? There were so many LONG threads about every system they released. They were so fun to read.

I am sorry to ramble...thanks for listening!

This too and I recently turned 52
Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
absent vfers, ifit, new members, tommy rivs puzey, vf activity