Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-19, 05:45 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Thanks for the well wishes!

Agreed -- most of Yvette's and Cathe's workouts that have "low impact" in the title aren't my version of low impact! But I have been able to do Cathe's LITE set, just not the calorie crushes, and I've been using ICE workouts a lot without hurting my leg. I can actually use her weight amounts in those and they are easy enough on my leg. Does she have those types of workouts on Cathe Live or are they mostly higher impact cardio?
Oh, if you're doing ICE, then perhaps Cathe Live ~would~ work. Take this with a grain of salt because I'm not currently subscribed and it's been a few months now, but I seem to remember a lot of her workouts were like ICE intensity wise without too much higher impact cardio. You can certainly modify some stuff as I've seen her backgrounders doing that from time to time. You can always subscribe for a month and if it's not working for you, cancel.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-19, 06:48 PM  
kimf
VF Supporter

If you go to Cathe's YouTube channel, she posts extensive previews of all Live workouts, that should give you a good idea if they are what you are looking for.

I would vote give Cathe Live a try, I definitely modify everything she does to low impact, I think it is very doable. She also has a ton of metabolic workouts.

Good luck in your search and in your recovery!
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-19, 07:30 PM  
sandym
VF Supporter

Cocolime Fitness

I saw Cocolime Fitness mentioned here on another thread and tried some workouts and just love her YouTube workouts. She's geared toward chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia but her workouts are fun and all low impact. She does a lot of old school isometric toning, stretching, pilates, and low impact cardio. She's low key and encouraging. I don't know if her workouts are as advanced as what you are used to but it doesn't hurt to take a look.
sandym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-19, 07:06 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks for the great suggestions! I will do a deep dive on YouTube today. Does KCM have previews of her streaming too? I could probably do a lot of weight ones and modify her cardio. Are they similar to her recent stuff?
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-19, 07:19 AM  
Dabbadooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I tried couple of Pahla Bowers workouts but SHE NEVER SHUTS UP! She talks so much that I couldn't get past the first 3 minutes of any of them. If you're not bothered by constant chatter then she may be a good choice since she's got lots of variety on youtube.
I looked at her for about ten seconds, and I knew I would not be able to stand it.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-19, 08:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Following. I'm always looking for a new instructor channel.

I recently started following Lucy Wyndham-Read, she has lots of short workouts to do in "sparks." From what I can see she is a low impact teacher.
Pat58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-19, 11:56 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Have you considered chair workouts? That would keep your ankle out of the equation right? Jessica Smith has a couple on her YouTube channel. And, if you search on "chair workouts", you should have a lot of options.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-19, 07:25 AM  
hocuspocus

https://m.youtube.com/user/femalefit...GYAQ&wlfg=true

Fitness Type youtube channel has low impact cardio.
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-19, 07:55 AM  
horsemom2

Walking Online Workouts has been my favorite stream for over a year.
The music and simple moves keep me moving.
Usually, I do them while healthbouncing on a bungee then sitting on a chair because the moves are easy to tweak.
I just hold light weights when I want to up the intensity.

you can try her youtube content for free
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi2...AkWsRlZEwleUfw

or the free trial subscription
https://walkingonlineworkouts.vhx.tv/browse

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-19, 04:09 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I tried couple of Pahla Bowers workouts but SHE NEVER SHUTS UP! She talks so much that I couldn't get past the first 3 minutes of any of them. If you're not bothered by constant chatter then she may be a good choice since she's got lots of variety on youtube.
That is why I love her. She has really good talks on her running podcasts which are also filmed as YT videos. She keeps me focused on the workout more than listening to music which, as much as I love it. I do tend to let my mind wander and not really pay as much attention to my body.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low impact streaming, metabolic workouts