Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-13, 09:31 PM  
LeanneM

Hi, gals,

I've been taking a little break from these since I was worried that I was going to get burnt out on them. I've started to put some weight back on, though, so I think that I'm going to pull them back out. When I was doing them + the new Toniques, I was getting excellent definition all over, but especially in my inner thighs, core, and arms -- all of which are my trouble spots!

On a different thread, I read that someone was using DB workouts once a week with Tracy Anderson; I actually ended up ordering Glutecentric, and plan on mixing in 1-2 DM and Tonique workouts a week with Glutecentric.

Hope that helps!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-13, 09:57 PM  
pcramer

I'm planning on doing the same thing, as soon as I build up some endurance. Would you mind sharing your rotation?
Old 03-13-13, 10:35 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcramer View Post
I'm planning on doing the same thing, as soon as I build up some endurance. Would you mind sharing your rotation?

How fun to hear that a few of us will be doing this!

I was thinking about "treating" myself after every four or five days of a Glutecentric workout to one of the Dream Body workouts. I just did my first day of Glutecentric, so I'll probably do Glutecentric until Sunday, when I'll do the first workout from the DB set. I'll then cycle through the DB workouts in order (1-5). Hope that makes sense! I'm thinking that I'll add in some Tonique as my cardio at least once a week.

How were you planning on using them? Are you doing the Post-Preg DVDs on their own, or also doing a Metamorphosis set?
Old 03-14-13, 08:59 AM  
momofcha

I just did Bikini Bootcamp this morning. Wowza! I have apparently been a little lax with these lately. Life is getting the best of me at times and I'm not as consistent as I would like. Well, I'm feeling it. In the floor part I was dying with my outer thigh section!

I am going to try and be more diligent with these, because they do work. I definitely feel it when I am consistent. I am definitely re-starting my strength work and alternating with my CLX. I definitely got lazy and I'm feeling it. Hopefully with spring in the air I will feel rejuvenated. I am also going to alternate with Tonique as I like to throw in BTM....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 09:22 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

I want to do loosely the same sort of rotation/combination: Dream Body, Tonique, and TA. The thing is, I'm doing this program with Mindy through the first week of April and on the days I go work out with her live it's just too hard to do something like DB or Tonique (though I have!). Maybe it's my imagination, but in the first week I had DB and was rotating through them, I thought my legs started looking good for perhaps the first time in my life! But alas, I cannot keep up with that nearly daily DB while doing Mindy too. Let's keep posting here to keep each other going!
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 09:25 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I want to do loosely the same sort of rotation/combination: Dream Body, Tonique, and TA. The thing is, I'm doing this program with Mindy through the first week of April and on the days I go work out with her live it's just too hard to do something like DB or Tonique (though I have!). Maybe it's my imagination, but in the first week I had DB and was rotating through them, I thought my legs started looking good for perhaps the first time in my life! But alas, I cannot keep up with that nearly daily DB while doing Mindy too. Let's keep posting here to keep each other going!
Bee, it is Mindy Mylrea? Put these on the back burner and enjoy your live sessions with Mindy. Not too many of us get this opportunity.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 09:44 AM  
edensmom

Lucky, Bee! Enjoy!
What I have been doing is DB one day then BTM the next and alternating, with TA tacked on most days. I move up a level when I feel like it or else I would never ever get through.
I did spring planting Saturday and took off Sunday and Monday (feeling yucky) then did Jessica Smith on Tuesday so yesterday was my first DB workout since last week. I chose Fusion with Brooke since it is my fave. It felt tough alright! I am with you Sue, these work so great that I really want to keep using them regularly. But like Leanne I don't want to get tired of them so if I get a yearning to do something else I will just do it.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 10:05 AM  
pcramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
How fun to hear that a few of us will be doing this!

I was thinking about "treating" myself after every four or five days of a Glutecentric workout to one of the Dream Body workouts. I just did my first day of Glutecentric, so I'll probably do Glutecentric until Sunday, when I'll do the first workout from the DB set. I'll then cycle through the DB workouts in order (1-5). Hope that makes sense! I'm thinking that I'll add in some Tonique as my cardio at least once a week.

How were you planning on using them? Are you doing the Post-Preg DVDs on their own, or also doing a Metamorphosis set?
I agree, I think it is great that we have a few of us using the same approach

I'm using the Preg Proj DVDs just to get me back into TA, so I was thinking switching every couple of days to a week for the 9 DVDs and then I will jump into Glute/Omni. I had such fantastic results when I did TA way back when and I am kicking myself for stopping I'm thinking I will do TA muscular structure daily and then alternate different dance cardios with DB. Eventually I would like to add in Tonique too, but that's probably going to be a while!! lol
Old 03-14-13, 10:37 AM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I just did Bikini Bootcamp this morning. Wowza! I have apparently been a little lax with these lately. Life is getting the best of me at times and I'm not as consistent as I would like. Well, I'm feeling it. In the floor part I was dying with my outer thigh section!

I am going to try and be more diligent with these, because they do work.
I can relate!! I did Fusion Mix yesterday after a little over a week of doing a DB workout and dang, it was like starting all over! I love how my inner thighs feel today though! I'm afraid of getting burned out (not on the workouts, just physically) if I do them more than 2x per week, but I'd love to try!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-13, 10:52 AM  
LeanneM

I'm so glad that we can all encourage each other! I love the idea of continuing to check in here.

Tags
dream body, dream body fusion