Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-20, 06:38 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Moving right through February

I can't believe how the month has flown. (Not complaining as it brings us one month closer to longer days - time change in 2 weeks! YAY)

Lili: Didn't mean to leave you hanging here alone. Came several times to check in, but never got to it. Burpees? Burpees? What are they? I refuse to do them. Put them with side planks and a few other ones and well, I have learned as I have gotten older, to do what I like, challenge myself, not overdo (usually!) and carry on ... I'm happy with that. It looks like you are really enjoying Les Mills. Almost (almost) makes me want to sign up.

Waves to everyone!! Hope you're having a great month.
On to me, me and all me:

2/19/2020: Matt Wilper's 60 minute Power Zone Ride + Christine's 10 minute cool down ride + a stretch + Intro to Meditation**

2/20/2020: Matt's Power Zone ride (45 minutes) + stretch + meditation at night

2/21/2020: Not feeling the love. Pretty tired, so took a break from Power Zone training and did Ally Love's 20 minute Carribean ride + meditation at night

** It's a new 2 week meditation program offered on the Peloton App. I think it's good. I have no clue. I make it through maybe 30 to 45 seconds and fall asleep! But I am determined to do the 2 weeks of it.

Been listening to a lot of podcasts. On life, on retirement, on habits, on weight loss. Got lots of them in (but did not formally count them). Bought the book "Tiny Habits" by BJ Fogg. Now I just need to read it.

Been tired this week. Lots of "extra" life stuff. So it's on to a new week. Put this week behind me. Starting with Community Day for Pokemon Go. YAY ... A little step back from reality. They are also going to have Go Fest in Philadelphia this year and tickets go on sale on Monday. I won't lie - this is about the 4th time I've tried to get tickets for Go Fest. I never have been able to get them. They sell out quickly! (Believe it or not!) So, we'll see. I'm not too hopeful, but would love to go and be a part of it.

Peloton is doing an "Every Day Challenge" .. Pffff! It goes for a week (maybe two) I think. I've got that badge in the bag. Headed into week 61 of using Peloton and I think it's been every day since December something or other. Don't know off the top of my head!!!

That's it for now.
Off to hit the bike (one week left for the Challenge.) YAY ... I do think I might go back to my mile a day for March. Still thinking on it.

Make it a great day!
Cleda

21/29
52/366
(Pretty soon I'll be so far into it, I won't want to stop "every day in 2020")
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-20, 07:11 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - good to see you! I am enjoying Les Mills, but you are in LOVE with Peloton, so don't even think about it! One of these days I'm going to start meditating. I read a book on it 2+ years ago, tried it a few times, but never mastered the clearing your head thing.
Waves to Helen, Kay, Mena, Honey & Pam!

2/21 - 3 miles with Leslie.
2/22 - Body Pump #104, 56 minutes! I can't believe I'm doing these long weight workouts! I usually dread them. Okay, I still don't look forward to them, but once I get started, I get into it. I am definitely feeling stronger and may need to nudge up the weights. We also walked the dogs today.

I have been reading more, but since I don't have a puzzle going, I haven't listened to any more podcasts. I should probably listen while I paint. I've started back up on the basement walls and I've done the ceiling in our bathroom and need to do the walls.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 06:07 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/23 - Run! Reservoir run, 3.6 miles, felt good the whole time (except for the last uphill section) and had my best pace so far!
2/24 - dog walk and Leslie walk.

I started listening to a new podcast today while I was painting, The Happiness Lab. I only listened to 1 & 1/2 episodes, but I enjoyed it.

Old 02-25-20, 06:02 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Trying to think of March goals

and I think I'm going back to the "mile a day". It did me good, I've had a month off from that and the next challenge won't start until March 23rd, so it gives me 3 weeks of not having to worry about being sore with new Power zone numbers and squeezing in a mile! It does me so much good . I know it does.

Lili: Good on the pace of running. I'm maybe going to try the beginner run workouts as well on Peloton. (and yes - I probably am in LOVE with my Peloton. !!!) Meditating for me? I've yet to really hear one. I get about 1-3 minutes into it (and I kid you not) fall asleep. So who knows if they work or not. Doesn't matter if I'm sitting, lieing down, whatever ... Out like a light!!!!

Ok, so I've taken it easy in preparation for the FTP test (which will be happening in about 10 mins.). If you don't hear from me by tonight - send the troops in.

2/22/2020: (Such a cool looking date!): Denis Morton's 30 minute Power Zone ride, Matt Wilpers 45 minute Power Zone ride

2/23/2020:
Meditation for 10 or 20 minutes? Forget which

2/24/2020:
Matt Wilper's 15 minute Low Impact Ride (drills, drills and more drills) and then 30 minute Power Zone endurance ride (all in zone 2 so probably - literally - the EASIEST ride of this entire challenge.)

That's it so far ...
Waves to everyone!
Make it a great day.
Off to the bike.
Cleda
Old 02-25-20, 07:02 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/25 - CXWORX #something. It was this or BodyPump, and this was shorter. This is only the 2nd time I've tried one of these. They are abs heavy with some band and weight work thrown in.

Old 02-26-20, 01:17 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

2/26 - RPM #81. It's been a while since I've been on the bike, but it felt good to push myself. I need to ride more to get used to the saddle.

Old 02-27-20, 06:22 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Me again!
We drove up to Hershey yesterday to go to a concert. We spent the night, not much sleep due to late night and hotel sleeping. Since I was extremely tired, I did 2 miles with Leslie.

27/29!

Old 02-28-20, 05:56 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Oh no ...

I keep seeing Lili's dog ... I must join her so she's not so alone .....

:: waves frantically at Lili ::

Lili: look at you go. 2 miles even though you were exhausted. You say Hershey? I think of Twizzlers and the little museum they have there. LOL!!!! Good to see you. Thanks for soldiering on and posting.

Waves to everyone else ..... Come on people - where are you? Post!!! Even say hi! March is almost here. and the Lili & Cleda show continues.

I was starting to post yesterday morning but time got away from me, I couldn't do it justice and I opted to wait sooooooooooo

On to me, me and all me .....

2/25/2020: FTP Warm Up ride, FTP Test**, 10 minute cool down ride and a stretch

2/26/2020: Matt Wilper's 60 minute Power Zone endurance ride in my new zones. Denis Morton's 10 minute cool down ride & a stretch

2/27/2020: Sam Yo's Interval and Arms Peloton ride. Kinda like the end of the book. You know - you get to the end of a really good book and you just don't wanna read that last page as you know the book will be over??? And you want to make it last? That's where I'm at. I have another 1 ride plus an Extra credit ride if I so desire and then I have a 3 week recess. I know I have to finish - probably today. But I'm letting it hang there for a day or two and relish in the new zones.

** FTP test went well. I didn't pass out or vomit (slight and only slight exaggeration). I probably should push a little harder. I probably COULD push a little harder, but I also know that whatever the final number, I'll be using it on my rides for the next 2-3 months and I don't want it so hard that I give up. I will continue to get better and I want to continue to enjoy the process. Plus, my weight is coming down so the numbers will change and even though it doesn't look like a huge change? It actually it is with weighing less. I still have to do the power to weight ratio. Keep putting that off.

I did the FTP test with my girl crush this time. (She is now a Power Zone instructor - a little toned down from her regular rides. Her bike side/handlebar psychology is quite a bit toned down. ) But I knew she'd help me get there. My FTP went up by 6 points. I am ok with that. It did not go down. That's a bonus. AND ........

As I looked at the stats for the 60 minute ride the next day, I was tired and wasn't sure if it's the new zones, the fact that I did the ride AFTER work or what. BUT ... I averaged (AVERAGED) 18.7 mph for the hour. That's HUGE for me. I've been averaging 18.2 mph on almost EVERY ride (except the fun rides - the training/serious rides are around 18.2 mph). I've always wanted to get faster and now I have my sights on getting it up to 19 mph. That would make me uber happy! So we'll see. Maybe the less I weigh the faster I can go.

So my new zones are set for the next however long I decide to keep them. Thinking of March goals now. With recess (from PZ) about to happen! I think a little mile every day, a little variety in my bike rides. . .

Did I mention that I FINALLY got tickets to go to a Go Fest??? (Pokemon Go). I have tried for almost 3 years now. And finally, was able to get tickets to go to Go Fest in Philadelphia. I am so excited. . . .

That's all she wrote.
Off to hit the bike. . .
Cleda

Oh ... I'm also at 27/29 and 31/31 so ... total so far for 2020??? 58/366 ... Maybe if I keep going, I'll go for every day in 2020?? Could that happen??
Old 02-28-20, 05:26 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

The Cleda & Lili show continues! Good job on the FTP test! Improvement is always so gratifying! As long as you are improving, you are heading in the right direction. Your bike pace is amazing! Congrats on getting into the Pokemon Go event.

I hadn't been to Hershey in years, but we got great seats for Hall & Oates at their hockey arena. It was much like the old Spectrum, only smaller. We found a great rate on a hotel and made a mini vacation out of it. While we were there we went to the Hershey Museum and the AACA Car Museum, since hubby is a car buff. Our hotel had chocolate scent piped into the main areas!

2/28 - 4.68 mile run with no walking breaks! I will be ready for this race!

28/29

Old 02-28-20, 07:04 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

You absolutely ...

will be ready for the race .....
You go !!!!

Lili & Cleda show:
How silly are we? ?? They'll be back. Helen will introduce March for us ... and we'll be off and running (for you ~ pun intended) for another great month!

2/28/2020: Last PZ ride. 45 minutes with Denis. Yep ... Nice easy ride. (Zones 2 & 3 strictly endurance) . . Have to check the pace. Ok, just did. 18.5 ... I'll take it .. Yes. Improvement is improvement and my comparison graph from June of last year (2019) is crazy. My Zone 3 from June is now my zone 2 ...!!! I'm pleased.

Tomorrow will be the extra credit ride and maybe one other for a donation. Or maybe do a live ride for a chance to ride with all my buds. And of course, it's cardio coach press play weekend, which I didn't do last month. It can make me sore for days and then I have to do the bike. Sometimes it's not a good combination.

I am so hoping to do Some Sundays with Live (live!) with Ally too ...
I'm babbling.
off to have some dinner.

Have a great weekend.
Remember - SUNDAY IS MARCH 1st. . . .
Cleda

PS ... I do hope everyone is ok . I hope there's no flu. I hope it's just people busy being busy ....

Anyway, I have time. RECESS is in! YAY ....