Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-23-20, 12:49 PM  
Michal

Mobility Workl

I skipped over these sections just since time is always precious. Something tells me that these are the sections I probably should do!! Some one please tell me the benefits you receive. Thanks ahead of time!!!
Michal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 01:50 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal View Post
I skipped over these sections just since time is always precious. Something tells me that these are the sections I probably should do!! Some one please tell me the benefits you receive. Thanks ahead of time!!!
Really loosens up my hips---I've done 2 sessions now and felt it in the places I needed it most. I stretch regularly but mobility work does a much better job at getting out the tightness in my hips
Old 02-24-20, 02:22 PM  
Malia

I just wanted to add that mobility is wonderful! I have chronic low back and knee pain and it's greatly subsided when I do mobility exercises - I can feel the effects later in the day or the next day and if I do them on a regular basis it's completely gone (unless I do something to tweak it)
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 05:16 PM  
kristiep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Really loosens up my hips---I've done 2 sessions now and felt it in the places I needed it most. I stretch regularly but mobility work does a much better job at getting out the tightness in my hips
I felt like her Stronger Longers had those same elements of mobility in them. That’s why I love them. Would you say these are similar?
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 05:19 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Yeah, but I'm doing it softly LOL

I'm doing low level steady state cardio (easy step, walking etc) right now. My goal is circulation and activation of postural muscles. I'll often combine that with mobility type strength work because it gets me limber and I like to start that prior to going into a heavy strength rotation.
Tracie came today!!

I can't wait to tackle her later !!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 07:40 PM  
counterclockwise

Finally got mine today and just previewed Vol 1. So happy that on my TV the lighting is just fine and I’m not bugged at all by the shadows. Looks great and I love the menu options.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 10:23 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Tracie came today!!

I can't wait to tackle her later !!

My volume #2 arrived today!! I have it slated for Wednesday morning but may try for tomorrow after work if I can get home at a decent hour
Old 02-24-20, 11:14 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristiep View Post
I felt like her Stronger Longers had those same elements of mobility in them. That’s why I love them. Would you say these are similar?
I never acquired the Stronger Longer dvds. I know that Core Movements had mobility work and I plan to revisit them after doing this set for a bit.
Old 02-26-20, 04:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Sig Series Vol 1

Ooohhhh I love the mobility sooo much!! Felt PERFECT after my strength workout. So glad I bought this.

Wanted to echo that there might be a shadow here and there on the mat but I can see Tracie clearly. It's not dark. In fact, the clips seem much darker than the actual workout is.

I'm going to finish up my strength rotation this week and have to have full Tracie workouts next week

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-20, 07:37 PM  
Taiga

So volume #2 was another winner for me. I think it was slightly more challenging but still plenty doable. I like the mobility work in volume 1 the best but could feel/understand the benefits of the volume 2 work. There was a little more plyo work (jumping lunges/adductor moves) but again it's not relentless. She gets it done and moves on in a way that limits dread.

I've decided to stay with these for several weeks. They match what my body needs right now and will be good for addressing any imbalances if and before I start another round of STS.

Tags
signature series, tracie long