Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-21, 05:39 PM  
Helen

Said I would re-start, and I DID!
So - Monday = Workout 1
Used one notch heavier weights than last time. Yup ! THAT worked better - feeling bits & pieces today, not severe, but there nonetheless.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 07:32 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

This thread motivated me to try one of my Jillian's DVD I have never try b4. Killer Buns & Thighs L1, I liked it a lot.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-21, 08:27 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Said I would re-start, and I DID!
So - Monday = Workout 1
Used one notch heavier weights than last time. Yup ! THAT worked better - feeling bits & pieces today, not severe, but there nonetheless.
WOO HOO! Congrats and best wishes!
Old 07-13-21, 08:27 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
This thread motivated me to try one of my Jillian's DVD I have never try b4. Killer Buns & Thighs L1, I liked it a lot.
Awesome! I don't think I have that one. I love her DVDs that have different levels on them, as it behaves like its own little system or rotation.
Old 07-13-21, 02:27 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Awesome! I don't think I have that one. I love her DVDs that have different levels on them, as it behaves like its own little system or rotation.
I agree, I love that most of the time she has several levels on one DVD, I have all of her killer DVDs, except for the Cardio one.

My butt is sore today, and I only used 8s for the deadlift, and one 8 for the second round of plies calf raiser, I also thought to use 1lb ankle weights for the floor work, but didn't, then regretted it since the floor work which was circuit 3 was easy, so I put them on for circuit 4, next time I will put them for circuit 3 and 4, I also used my bosu for glute bridge, mountain climbers and plank to low squats, I thought it was a fun workout, circuit 1 was the more challenging for me, and circuit 3 the easiest, all in all, I enjoyed it all, and I was dreapping sweat.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 07-13-21, 03:35 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I also used my bosu for glute bridge, mountain climbers and plank to low squats
I've been using my FIRM Zip trainer both zipped and unzipped (which winds up being basically a bosu) for various moves in this program, and I'm finding it a huge help.

I didn't think to use ankle weights for anything but that is a great idea. The leg lifts are honestly pretty easy, even with a dumbbell on the thigh.
Old 07-13-21, 06:00 PM  
angie_nrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Hi Kat,

Started reading your posts, originating with the question about Body Shred compared to Body Revolution, and read the whole review comparing the two.
Could you provide a link to that thread? The dang search function doesn't work anymore.
Old 07-13-21, 09:07 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Today, I did Killer Arms & Back L1, I used a pair of 3, 5 and 8. I used 8 for rows, concentrate curls, and the first round of bicep to hammer to reverse curl combo, second round I dropped to 5s, for the rest I used 3s for shoulders moves and 5s for the rest. Again I used my bosu for one arm burpee, I didn't think I could do this, but I gave it a try and it wasn't that bad using the bosu, I also used it for plank jacks, another fun and sweaty workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I've been using my FIRM Zip trainer both zipped and unzipped (which winds up being basically a bosu) for various moves in this program, and I'm finding it a huge help.

I didn't think to use ankle weights for anything but that is a great idea. The leg lifts are honestly pretty easy, even with a dumbbell on the thigh.
I agree it does help a lot. I dread burpees on the floor, but with the bosu no problem. Yes, I agree with the leg lifts, that is why next time I will put them on.

Old 07-13-21, 09:11 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie_nrs View Post
Could you provide a link to that thread? The dang search function doesn't work anymore.
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=231184

Old 07-14-21, 03:23 AM  
Helen

Thank you for adding the link Sweet.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body revolution, body shred, check-in, jillian, jillian michaels