Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-15, 10:36 AM  
rheash92

Bras

sorry guys...this is just for the ladies....

Ladies..please talk to me about bras. I just can't seem to find the right one. What are you wearing on a daily basis? I feel like I've tried them all and just can't settle on a favorite brand. What are your favorites?

Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 10:53 AM  
Maryan, Paris
VF Supporter

Fila

I only wear FILA sports bras. They are seamless, underwired, offer good support and are discrete (perfect for everyday wear).
Maryan, Paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 10:56 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I finally found a great bra line - Prima Donna - my favorite is the Madison style. They are pricey, but oh so comfortable.

I ordered tons of bras from www.herroom.com before I found this one. They have a great return policy.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 11:06 AM  
sciencelady

Not sure from your message what your fit issues are, but I highly recommend getting professionally fitted for a bra. I particularly like my fitter at Nordstrom. They'll help with the proper cup size and shape, strap placement, band width, etc. to fit best under your clothing and feel best on your body.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 11:11 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciencelady View Post
not sure from your message what your fit issues are, but i highly recommend getting professionally fitted for a bra. I particularly like my fitter at nordstrom. They'll help with the proper cup size and shape, strap placement, band width, etc. To fit best under your clothing and feel best on your body.
+1!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 11:50 AM  
kristiep

Quote:
Not sure from your message what your fit issues are, but I highly recommend getting professionally fitted for a bra. I particularly like my fitter at Nordstrom. They'll help with the proper cup size and shape, strap placement, band width, etc. to fit best under your clothing and feel best on your body.
+2

I was wearing the wrong bra for years until I was professionally fitted. Made a big difference. My favorite daily (non-workout) bra style is Body by Victoria Perfect Coverage.

https://www.victoriassecret.com/bras...alogueType=OLS
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 11:57 AM  
Jane1721

I tried literally dozens of expensive department store brand name bras, and none of them fit right or were comfortable. Then I went to Target, and fell in love with the Gilligan & O'Malley lightly lined demi bra. I wear these almost daily. Sometimes I wear a Genie Bra.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 12:58 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
I agree a professional fitting is great - however, just because someone is billed as a professional fitter doesn't mean the fitting you will get is the right one for you.

I struggled for years to find a bra that fit - buying one after another, all recommended by the professional fitters at our local Dillards. I've decided that these folks did the best they could, given the sizes they had available to sell, but they didn't have much of anything for those of us who wear a small band size and big cup size. They had me in 34's and 36's, when what I really needed was a 32 at best. Adjusting the cup size to compensate for going up a band size is not really an ideal solution. I've read that most American women wear a band size that is too big for them.

http://www.herroom.com/bra-fitting-center,954,30.html has a lot of great information on finding a bra that fits you.

Carol
No financial interest in HerRoom, but a very satisfied customer!
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 01:49 PM  
ellaenchanted

Getting fitted is a great starting point. Nordstrom does a greta job. But, even then, sizing may not be consistent from brand to brand. Even styles (full coverage vs, balconette vs. demi cup) can fit differently.

Get fitted, then try on some bras and buy what looks and feels best.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 02:15 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I agree a professional fitting is great - however, just because someone is billed as a professional fitter doesn't mean the fitting you will get is the right one for you.
I agree. I tried to get fitted for bras at Victoria's Secret and they couldn't find anything from what they carried that fit me properly.

After trying on pretty much every bra carried at Kohl's a few years back, I decided on barely there 4580 as my perfect bra. When I was smaller chested, I also liked barely there 4742 or barely there 4085 as a non-underwire alternative some days. The 4742 was apparently sadly discontinued in 2013.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bras, fitness apparel