Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-15, 02:39 PM  
rheash92

New Releases and Clips

This is mainly a rant against Collage. They have so many upcoming and new releases without any clips. Are clips going to be a thing of the past now? There is new set Xtrain Fit Circuit but no clips. Also a few new releases with no clips. I'm waiting on Jillian's new DVD release tomorrow but there are no clips anywhere. Even Mary doesn't have it on her coming soon page. What is up with that?
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 06:17 PM  
boukilisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
This is mainly a rant against Collage. They have so many upcoming and new releases without any clips. Are clips going to be a thing of the past now? There is new set Xtrain Fit Circuit but no clips. Also a few new releases with no clips. I'm waiting on Jillian's new DVD release tomorrow but there are no clips anywhere. Even Mary doesn't have it on her coming soon page. What is up with that?
I don't know but I don't buy anything without seeing clips first, especially since streaming makes it harder to trade DVDS, IMO.

I was hoping the Collage site would eventually get back up to speed with clips and a variety of offerings. But that hasn't happened so far.
Old 03-02-15, 07:04 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Mary will usually post a clip as soon as she gets a DVD. If she hasn't posted one of Jillian's new DVD, I assume that she hasn't received them yet.
Old 03-02-15, 08:26 PM  
Diana3271

I really miss the old Collage. I appreciate them still being there, but it's not the same.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 09:05 PM  
catcrazy

Mary is trying to get Jillians new dvd but doesn't know yet if she will be able to carry it since Gaiam is getting very fussy about who they will sell it to!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-15, 09:14 PM  
Shelbyfit

I definitely took the old Collage for granted.
Shelbyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 10:13 AM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcrazy View Post
Mary is trying to get Jillians new dvd but doesn't know yet if she will be able to carry it since Gaiam is getting very fussy about who they will sell it to!
Ive also been waiting on more info on this DVD. On Amazon there are a bunch of sellers carrying the DVD. I wonder why Mary is not able to carry it. Has anyone seen this DVD in stores yet?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 10:19 AM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

I miss the old Collage, but the situation with Jillian's latest lacking clips is likely due to Gaiam. I think this is the first time Jillian released a DVD without clips to preview beforehand. Believe me, I kept going to Amazon, Mary's site, youtube, etc, hoping a clip would be posted before March 3. Jillian posted the cover on her Facebook page a few days ago, but there hasn't been much mention otherwise.

Edit: Killer Body is on iTunes but the previews don't seem very helpful.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 10:20 AM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Ive also been waiting on more info on this DVD. On Amazon there are a bunch of sellers carrying the DVD. I wonder why Mary is not able to carry it. Has anyone seen this DVD in stores yet?
She is still waiting on their response to know if she will carry it. Other than that I can't seem to find out anything on this either!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 10:35 AM  
mtngoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzo View Post
<snip>

Edit: Killer Body is on iTunes but the previews don't seem very helpful.
Killer Body is also available on Hoopla. Each chapter is a rental, so the complete workout would be 3 rentals. (I am only allowed 10/month, so I'm not sure I'll bite.)

I know this doesn't help with the general problem of lack of clips for new releases, but Hoopla is a great way to test-run workouts before you buy.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote