Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-15, 08:32 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I did the 4 x 4 from the second set tonight. it was a lot of fun! and he took it up a notch too. it was a capoeira set of moves, kick throughs, another capoeira , and then a sit up/plank variation. I think i'll be feeling my buns tomorrow. good stuff!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-15, 09:47 AM  
DI431

I received my set a few weeks ago, I have only done two so far and I find him extremely annoying. I muted my volume down to 1 notch above no sound. In addition his constant running around kicking and doing cartwheels or whatever is so distracting. I doubt I would ever buy anything by him again.
DI431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-15, 06:43 PM  
s2546

I know what you mean about his antics but I do think the workouts are effective and I like the 20 minutes. I also think they are customer service oriented which I appreciate.

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 09:44 AM  
Cheyenne Shaw
VF Supporter

I still have not received mine and the tracking info says it has departed from Iowa on Jan 10 with a delivery date of Jan 12.

I've been in contact with Quentin Cole: quentin@20minutebody.com about this for two weeks, he was good at responding at first and even found my tracking # but now that I still have not received my DVDs and have been asking him to either send out a new set or refund my $, I haven't heard from him since last Wednesday.

John 16:33

I have said these things to you, that in Me (Jesus) you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."
Cheyenne Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 09:12 PM  
pharma_gal

Any more reviews or breakdowns of these workouts? What level are they intermediate or advanced? Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-15, 09:40 PM  
s2546

I find them intermediate to advanced. I am intermediate and I really like them. I find that I can fit in the 20 minutes most days and I really feel worked out. they are a very good purchase for me. I combine them with a kettlebell workout on some days and it works great. I am still in the first trilogy.

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-16, 09:13 PM  
TinaT

Who is still using this set? Seems like the reviews are pretty positive and Brett comes across differently than in RevAbs. Not a whole lot of buzz about this, after this thread.

I'm considering this after I complete 21DF.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-16, 05:04 AM  
bubbles76

Tina, here is a thread that I started about the set awhile ago. Like you, I am still interested in these, but feeling cautious about the wrists and shoulder intensity. Anyone else want to weigh in on whether you found it hard on the wrists and shoulders?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-16, 09:13 AM  
TinaT

Thank you for the link. I think I'm drawn to it because it has the Brazilian martial arts flare. I've used Les Mills Combat off and on .. really like it. I like the pace of Brett's system. Doesn't seem as fast as LMCombat.

I've also made "modify" my new favorite word.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-16, 05:39 PM  
lorajc

I know it's not necessary however I would be grateful to hear age and or level when you list what you do or are interested in. Just saying....i feel it would be helpful.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brett hoebel