Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-05-21, 12:50 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone! I am feeling accomplished and happy to be done with the exams.

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~20 min rebounding....started a new audiobook
~BellyFit Embodied Goddess: Honour Your Roots - I wanted to compare these to the newer workouts. I really enjoyed this one! I do prefer the class with participants to Alice on her own.
~Stretchy seated & reclined yoga on my own....more hip openers, forward bends, twists, chest openers

Nice to see you Garrie! Good luck with the apartment search. You are a good son, I’m sure your parents appreciate your support.

Beth - Loved the octopus picture, that’s an amazing shot! And thanks for the smile!

Sherry - I haven’t done BellyFit Lotus yet & I agree there’s always a fair amount of TIFT. I usually stop after the cardio too. I find the new zoom series okay, but can’t say I love them. Could be my frame of mind from Covid fatigue.

Carolyn - I’m passing on Jessica’s set too. I also prefer shorter workouts so I can string a few together for variety. It’s also pricey for me with the $ exchange. I’m good with digital as it saves me on shipping which is often very pricey to Canada.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 08:22 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I agree, it's fun when Alice has participants, and I love the backup women in Embodied Goddess! They all seem so genuine and into it. I think Honor Your Roots was one of my favorites from that series; I really loved the first four routines.

Happy Friday! I big TGIF; this week has kind of dragged for me. But it's sunny!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 08:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF, good morning! Yesterday I managed to drum up:

~ Day 3 of the Qi Challenge
~ A new Kassandra yin practice - Yin for Sleep

It was nice to have an intermediate level yin, featuring shoelace, sleeping swan, thread the needle and some alternate wide leg forward bends. Nice hypnotic music.

Hi Garrie, I've been enjoying your blog. The Peloton sounds like so much fun! My hairdresser was telling me last night how she sprang for the bike and spin-only membership and loves it.

Congratulations Pam!!!
Well done!! I also prefer when Alice has the team present, you can see the ladies enjoying the workout at different levels.

Hi Carolyn, I'm happy for you that you got a vaccine appointment.

Everyone please have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:52 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Tamilee I Want That Body (Program 2 Arms)
Tamilee I Want That Body (Program 2 Abs)
Essentrics

Carolyn, you reminded me that I need to pull out Tamilee's I Want That Body DVD so that's what I did this morning. Wow, I had forgotten how hard the Abs Program 2 was!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:42 PM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

Because I am such a goofball, and because this is my favorite Christmas story, I always feel like Max - the Grinch's dog - blowing the trumpet as their sled goes careening down the mountain on Christmas morning when I use the three music emojis.

Quick fly by to do the happy dance for Pam. Congratulations on completing your level 4 certification.

Must get back to work - will be by to chat tonight or over the week-end. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 02:08 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

cyana, I LOVE that part with Max!

Paine, I believe I had Tamilee's "I Want That..." series video back when I was still living in Philadelphia during graduate school. I remember that the butt one was tough!

Yesterday I got blood work for my annual physical later this month. I was a little bummed that my main cholesterol number was a bit high (124), although all of my other numbers were very good (e.g., low triglycerides, high "good" cholesterol).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 05:37 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Cyana, Max blowing the trumpet is a great visual!

Beth, Tamilee's IWTB Buns workout gives me DOMS!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 09:13 AM  
sherry7899

This morning I was tired and wanted something easier. I did this you tube workout. I love the music-most of it was music Frank liked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qnDwHN6yIU

After that I did Yoga Ranger 15 minute low back release. I find Aprile so calming.

I'll try to check back later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 12:45 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! I was bushed after work and made myself move. I couldn't bare the thought of working on my Lucy's BRB challenge; after some YouTube surfing I found a non-threatening 10 minute Denise Austin walk, some outtakes from her LifeFit 360 program. I haven't done much from Denise, but wasn't bad! Moved a little bit without getting winded and the music was okay.

After that was day 4 of the Qi Challenge. Today is the last day. Challengers can poke around on the subscription website for free until March 12.

Sherry, I love the music on that walking workout too.

Have a nice day all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 03:38 PM  
cyana

Happy Week-end! At least I don't feel like my toes are frozen today after going to the market, but it isn't as warm as I'd hoped it would be.

Has anyone used a massage "gun"? Trying to decide whether one of those and perhaps a TENS unit might be helpful for dealing with my hip/back pain.

I've been pretty boring this week - mostly qi gong and alternating between Sahra's pain work-outs as well as ROM work.

Pat - I didn't sign up for the 5 day challenge since I can already see the programs in my subscriber center. I like swimming dragon, but my wonky body parts don't always enjoy it. Do you have the depression DVD? That's currently available in the subscriber center - I did the short version recently and loved the scenery.

Beth - So are you getting the vaccine because of your job, or has your state expanded who can sign up? My state has done a sad job of distributing the vaccine. DH checks the health department web site and for weeks they've had a message posted that essentially says "don't even bother contacting us to try to get an appointment".

Sandra - I'm glad your niece's court appearance went as well as it reasonably could have. I'm with you - avoiding drama is always high on my goals.

Carolyn - I'm probably going to pass on Jessica's latest, too. I like Jessica and try to support her since she's been so generous with her free material on YT, but my reality is I already have far too much fitness media that is gathering dust.

Garrie - Good luck with finding an apartment. I know your mom and dad would appreciate having you close by. You definitely need to watch the SNL Pelotaunt video if you haven't already seen it.

Pam - Speaking of camellias, I noticed I have two buds on one of my bushes that has been blooming since around Thanksgiving.

Sherry - I'm glad you enjoyed that work-out and the music. I wasn't familiar with that YT channel. I like Aprile and her demeanor, too.

Paine - I haven't done IWTB in ages. I should try that with the BFR bands. Those can be some sneaky work-outs to be so short!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote