Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-21, 08:52 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Fitness Blender's upper body workout from the bored easily series, as well as an outdoor walk and another "walk" DD choreographed, this time to Pharell Williams' song "Happy." That is a fast-paced song for a walking workout, especially when DD had us do grapevines with hops for all of the (many) choruses, lol. I think she should make Youtube walking workouts for kids. She would probably be a hit!

Cynthia, so sweet about you and your DD cooking together!. You sound like me, always finding teaching opportunities. From when DD had bathtime and had foam letters and numbers (she knew them all by 17 months, even though she couldn't even say them!), I can't help but weave teaching in. Now I do use math a lot, just as you said, and then I tell DD, "See, I use math all the time in real life!" She likes math and doesn't have any problems with it. Since she's homeschooling right now, I'm glad I can still help her when needed. If she was doing calculus I would be in trouble!

Lynn, I love that you and your DS cook. I remember you saying that, and that he is a great cook. That is such a lovely attribute for a young man to have.

Diana, I will be praying for your DH!
Old 03-04-21, 10:55 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Later - check-in: the Firm Power Sculpt, toning with weighted bar.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 12:30 AM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Lynn I'm glad there was nothing serious with your DH.

Cheryl
Thank you.

DH's therapy seemed rather useless today. The focus was on using heat to help with the arthritis.

No workout to report.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:14 AM  
lynnf

Ellen Stretch sculpt. I've made Ellen my Friday day. Yesterday I went to my new gyno as my old one of 30 years moved to the VA. She was terrible. Gave the worst exams (barely seemed to check anything for more than 2 seconds and gave the worst breast check ever, missing the arm pits, which is key; listened to my lungs in a way no one could have noticed anything). I need to find a new one. DS got his first vaccine shot, as teachers are now eligible in CA.

Cynthia, has your DD managed to get her vaccine yet? Apparently you have to sit on line trying every possible place for quite some time to find a place. Very disorganized and wild west.

Diana, sorry your DH's therapy wasn't more helpful. I know how irritating that can be.

Cheryl, sounds like you are doing such a great job with your DD's schooling and it is really paying off. It is also great to see girls not fearing STEM these days. DS says there are quite a number of women in physics now. Very cool.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:40 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

I'm not sure if I mentioned this but my washing machine is out of commission. The part is on order and hopefully it will be back up and running within a couple weeks. My friend has been helping out and I washed clothes at her house last weekend. We have more to wash this week because of the bed linens. I plan to go to the laundromat today to get everything done at one time.

Steps for yesterday: 12,846
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-05-21, 03:09 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, although I prefer a functional home washing machine, the charm of a laundromat is getting it all done at once.

Check-in: Yoga Booty Ballet Light & Easy. I'm not done with my half-hour Firms, but I didn't keep any of their cardio.
Old 03-05-21, 09:16 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I went to a new laundromat and was surprised at how quickly everything was washed and dried. It was all new and fancy smancy. DH went with me to help and that was really nice. I have been saving some magazines to read so I took them with me. I haven't had time to look at them and I was able to get through 2 of them. I think I have 3 to go. I also took my tax stuff to the CPA. No time for walking today. Our deacon is back home recovering. His wife took her first vaccine today.

Cynthia Do you remember the sausage casserole recipe you sent me? Have you made it recently? I have signed up to make it for our church Easter breakfast.

Check-In: CS Calorie Burning Workout.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-05-21, 10:25 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, glad you made the best of the washer situation. That sounds like a really nice laundromat. Yes, I have made that sausage casserole recipe recently. I use turkey sausage (bulk, not link). It has always been a hit at potlucks!
Old 03-06-21, 07:25 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Cynthia Thank you. I'm going to give it a try.

Steps for yesterday: 6,895
This Morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 03-06-21, 10:16 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

I spoke with Linda earlier and she is doing Ok.

Check-In: 45 minute outdoor walk and CS Anti-aging workout

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana