Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-28-21, 08:34 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies-Stress Comes From 3 Things: Money, Family, & Family With No Money. 2/28

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 08:43 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I was looking at possible themes and stumbled across a Maxine quote. It has been a while since we've used her quotes. I'll list some more in the next message.

For lunch, we are going to Mom and Dad for nachos. Other than that, we'll see what I get into. There are things I probably need to do, but I'll probably make cards. I'm ready for a lazy day.

Paula - Happy anniversary! I'm glad you had such a nice day. Congrats on the milestone.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-28-21, 09:01 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Possible themes:

Crone Cronies - Spring Forward. Fall Back. My Annual Exercise Program. March 7

Crone Cronies - I Try Not to Limit My Madness to March. March 14

Crone Cronies - My Day is Backwards. I Wake Up Tired and Go to Bed Wide Awake. x/xx

Crone Cronies - I'm Not Grouchy by Nature. It Takes Constant Effort! x/xx

Crone Cronies-My Doctor Asked If I've Had a Stress Test. Sure! It's Called Life! x/xx

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 02-28-21, 10:01 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks, Laura, for getting us started and I love the title themes! Maxine works so well for titles .

We're getting snow! I've seen predictions of about 4" today - it started a few hours later than they predicted, so assume my dog walking time this afternoon might get snowier. The computer desktop is done! I think it looks pretty good and certainly functions lots better with a smooth surface compared to the pitted particle board I was on before - got a good cleaning behind my desk also - yuck! Otherwise planning on putzing around - might have to shovel the driveway and sidewalk if it is 4", despite the melty warmth coming later this week - my driveway did finally lose all its snow and ice yesterday before this storm.

Laura, Hope you find the help you need in your help organizing your upstairs area. Enjoy your nachos with your parents! Enjoy card making!

Happy anniversary, Paula! 50 is a big number and definitely one to celebrate! Congratulations! I'm liking my new desk - nice choice in linoleum cover sheet that goes well in this room.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 09:28 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Yin Yoga with Travis Eliot and a walk with DH.

Laura, thanks for getting us started - good theme (and true). Trust Maxine to have quip for every situation. Hope you enjoyed your lazy day. Thanks for your good wishes on our anniversary too. Nachos with friends or family is always fun.

Anita, thanks for the anniversary congratulations. You need to point out to the weather gods that it's too late or too early for white Christmas. Hope you don't have to shovel the driveway, but if you do, it definately counts as a workout.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 09:21 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning! Happy March!

We got only about a wet inch of snow yesterday which I shoveled easily, then last night we got another inch of snow, so I'll be back out there with a shovel. Tomorrow we'll have temps in the 40's so lots of melting anticipated! Also planning on a walk with Gus for today. Otherwise putzing around - I ordered some garlic salt flavoring from a supplier at Renaissance Festival - their big container will last over a year with me, but it's sooooooo good! Spades game tonight!

Paula, the shoveling wasn't much of a workout yesterday - I can tell the weather is springlike here already with the warmth of the sun . I expect today will be like that also. Hope you had a wonderful anniversary celebration!

Anita
Old 03-01-21, 09:30 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It is a cloudy, dreary, rainy day here. But it's the only rainy day projected for this week. Yay!

I have two tutoring sessions today, one at 11:00 am and one at 6:30 pm. This afternoon, I need to go to the library to turn books in and pick up new ones. I also may try to get to the chiropractor. If not, tomorrow is wide open and I'll go then. I hadn't been since before the surgery and it's time. I also need to put together a crockpot chicken dish.

I did make cards yesterday and enjoyed it. And the nachos were great, good enough that we're going to make them ourselves at some point.

Anita - Ugh. I hope it got warm enough, at least on your driveway, in recent days that not all the snow stuck. Congrats on the desk. It sounds like it turned out really well.

Paula - Have a good start to your week.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-01-21, 12:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - You posted while I was crafting my reply. It took a while because DH kept asking me questions. One inch at a time twice seems much easier than four inches. I'm glad it wasn't as bad as they said and that the warm up will hopefully take care of any remnants.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-01-21, 09:26 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Happy March. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 12 Push Day (Strength) followed by a short stretch cool down.

Spent the day in the kitchen - made two loaves of zuchinni bread, a loaf of sunflower seed bread (yeast), quiche, steamed some veggies for food prep and generally felt like a galley slave. But I got some good stuff into the freezer.

Anita, glad spring is in the air where you are and you didn't have to shovel much. I love garlic salt.

Laura, Good for you having two tutoring sessions. You seem to have a steady clients. Aren't crockpots wonderful?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 08:52 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on putzing around some more and walking Gus. Otherwise a quiet day - nice and warm outside! 40s the rest of the week and 50s on the weekend! I might start "spring" inside my house - putting away the humidifier, giving the floors a nice clean, and vacuuming my carpets. I should wash my bed linens also.

Laura, hope you got in to your chiropractor and feel better now. on your crock pot chicken dish. I've done beef roasts in my crockpot with broth, but haven't tried anything with chicken.

Paula, you've been busy in your kitchen also! This is the garlic salt I got https://www.garlicfestival.com/garli...rlic-seasoning - very delicious!

Anita