Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-27-20, 06:51 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Another dreary day here, so I stayed in and took a walk inside my house and did single sided strength from the calm and strong rotation. I don't think I'd ever done that workout before. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow and then back to the rain for a few days, so hopefully I'll get out for a walk.

Donna, I agree about everything being on hold. Maybe by the time your DD has to make a college decision, things will be back to some sort of normalcy, but the one 20 minutes away sounds ideal. The college my nephew will be going to is only a half hour away and his older brother also goes there, so it just makes sense, especially with everything going on. I also work right down the street, lol. Although I don't plan to return to the office for many, many months.

Time to see what's on Netflix!
Old 04-27-20, 10:20 PM  
Leonana

Sunday was a rest day. Today I painted the kitchen. We have a small kitchen, so it was a one day job. I still have to do the pantry doors tomorrow. I should paint the inside of the pantry, but I'm not that motivated. The shelves don't look the greatest, with my boxes and cans scratching them up. However, the same thing would happen if I painted, and I keep everything in baskets on the shelves anyway, so you can't see the shelves. It was hard enough moving everything off the kitchen counters!

wishiwasinhawaii, it was 100 today. Wednesday's forecast is 105. Then it is cooling down to the 90's on Saturday. However, high 90's, not too much difference. People here are definitely relaxing. More and more people in the stores, and few with masks. Although, all the employees are wearing masks. But my cloth mask mostly protects everyone else more than me, so it's not helping me if they aren't wearing one. I do really like the mask I got, she did a great job. I did get two free ones from a friend, but they are not as well done as the ones I bought. I'm glad your nephew got into his college.

Donna, my dd signed up for fall classes at our community college. It's about seven miles from our house. I don't know if they will have classes on campus this fall, but I guess she can take online classes.
Old 04-28-20, 07:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

CocoLime Fitness - Standing Tone and Stretch - this is a workout that she put up on You Tube. It is from her pay service, but she is uploading a few of those to You Tube during the COVID-19 crisis and also *being cynical* it is probably good publicity for her streaming service! That being said, I enjoyed it - it had a bit of a barre feel to it - light weights, stretching included, nothing crazy.

I also did: CocoLime Fitness - Easy Stretch for More Energy

I need more energy - I have just had the blahs for a few days now.....

Yesterday DD and I walked in the evening....I also did a little burst during the day DoYou.com had a 14 day "quarantine" challenge and I gave Day # 1 a try - it was a bit of Pilates w/ some jumping type cardio. Meh...but it was good to move during the day. Today I may pop in Jessica Valent's quick weight workout to take a break from my desk.

Sherry good job w/ the house project! Our pantry is in the same condition!

wishiwasinhawaii - Hang in there. Since my DD is really unsure of what she wants to do - it may not be a bad idea to go locally for 2 years, and give herself time to figure it out.....it is really a weird time. I'm not anxious to go back to the office. The more I hear about this virus the more worried I get....

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-20, 07:14 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

We finally had some nice weather, so I went out this morning for a half hour walk and then did the total body stretch from Calm and Strong. I'm really liking this rotation. It's just the right mix of...calm and strong.

Donna, I've already told my boss I'm not going back to the office in the near future. She said she doesn't want to go back either, lol. It seems it's going to be a long time before the office opens anyway, so I'm not real concerned about it. The governor would have to relax the stay at home order and he has said he's not doing that for "several weeks" so we'll see.

Sherry, Wow, you're accomplishing so much! I have no clue how to paint a room, LOL. I've heard masks protect others, not the ones wearing them, but I tell myself any mask is better than nothing. Who knows. I didn't wear one today when I went walking and was careful to stay away from others, but there weren't a lot of people out anyway.
Old 04-29-20, 07:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday for my "spark" I did a quick weight workout from Jessica Valent Pilates along w/ a quick shoulder workout. It is nice to take this 15-20 min break from my desk. DD and I also walked the dogs in the dreary weather.

Today the weather looks nice- I think it is the last nice day for a bit - but I'll take what I can get.

This morning was --

Ellen - Core Cardio & Might Mat Pilates

I needed some Ellen "zen" today. The last few days I have felt really run down and blah....maybe following something like the Calm & Strong rotation would be good for me so I don't inadvertently wear myself out.....

Will walk later and maybe another "spark"

wishiwasinhawaii - it is good your boss is understanding about the situation. We shall see what happens w/ my place when the time comes to go back. I'd like to think that we would go back on a staggered schedule to keep the #s in the office down. Honestly, by the time it is all over, we'll likely be past our busy season and there will be even fewer reasons for going in. I don't think Maryland is going to open up right away...and I think school is done for the year - I hope there is some type of summer camp, my DD was going to work at the barn this summer as a counselor. I am feeling like it will not happen though - event though it is an outdoor camp and supposedly the virus does not like heat and humidity - 2 things Maryland has plenty of during the summer!

waves, Sherry! What is going on w/ you??

Donna
Old 04-29-20, 12:41 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I painted the window sill in the kitchen, I had missed it yesterday. And I decided to paint the pantry. I noticed that the shelves were really dirty, and if I'm going to take everything out and clean, I might as well paint. The shelves were marked up pretty bad too. Boy, it was a job! Mostly because it's an older style pantry, five shelves and the area near the floor, and it's pretty deep. So it was hard to reach in and do corners and edging. Then I had to paint both sides of the door, and the door jamb, plus the jamb on the inside of the door, plus they put a second jamb inside the pantry! Why you would need that is beyond me, but it's not easy to paint, especially right inside the door of a small area. But I finished it, and it looks really nice! Much brighter and fresher. I bought some shelf liners, and put those in this morning, and put all the food back. Today is a rest day, I'm beat!

Well, I have two bedrooms, two bathrooms, and the hallway left. DD does not want her bedroom painted, says she doesn't want to move her stuff out, and she doesn't care. It really needs painting badly, but I guess I'll skip it until she moves out one day. I have to wait on her bathroom, as we need to remodel it. The tub seems to be leaking, and she desperately needs a new vanity. Fortunately, dh is handy and can do it, but he has to have time off from working.

I'm going to skip our bathroom, because it's in good shape, as I've retouched up the paint recently. So that just leaves the hallway and our master bedroom. I think I will take next week off, before I tackle the hallway. It's small, but that's four doors and four door jambs, plus the ceiling and baseboards. The actual walls are easy, since you can use a large paint roller. It's those small areas that kill you!

Although, I'm not sure anyone is going to notice the difference as much as me. Our previous color was an off white with a tan tint, which looked cream at night, more white in the daytime. I really wanted a brighter white, so I chose a lighter white, with a gray tint. It's much brighter and cleaner looking, but not radically different. In our Arizona room (former patio), which is our computer room, I did paint it a light gray with white trim. I love the color, but that is a very bright room on the south side. I tried a test swatch in the living room, and it was much too dark. That room is on the north side, and doesn't get as much light. Paint color really depends on the lighting in a room, I've learned. But I'm really happy with how it's all turned out. If only I could afford to replace my floor, lol.

I go to the stores about twice a week. I waffle between panic attacks about going, and depression about staying in. I have yet to figure out how to go longer without groceries, we are always running out of something. So far, none of us have become sick, and I would be exposed a lot from dh and dd, even if I stayed at home. Although, dd is probably safer, as Starbucks requires them to wear masks and it's drive through. But dh is packing and moving households. He does change clothes and shower when he comes home. Quite frankly, I'm surprised none of have had it yet. I suppose one of us will get it eventually. I have read that 86% of those hospitalized either have high blood pressure, obesity or diabetes, and the majority of those people have two of those issues. I'm hopeful we won't have a severe case. Our governor is supposed to announce his decision about our order expiring tomorrow. I think I will keep up this hand washing and antibacterial wipes after shopping. I'd like to prevent more colds and flu in the future. I'm running out of wipes, but I bought some baby wipes. I suppose they are better than nothing, and they do have some sort of soap in them.
Old 04-29-20, 09:55 PM  
Leonana

Arizona Stay at-home order will be extended to May 15, with modifications.

May 1, elective surgeries.

May 4, retailers not classified as an essential business may operate through delivery service and other means that do not entail in-store sales.

On May 8, non-essential retailers can sell items to customers in-store, with six feet social distancing.

Gov. Ducey said during the news conference that in a best-case scenario, restaurants could reopen by May 12.

Tbh, I'm not sure what the May 15 date applies to, other than citizens being encouraged to stay at home as much as possible.
Old 04-30-20, 07:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was: Ellen's Total Body Tone

Yesterday DD and I got our walk in and I did Blessful Body - HIIP (High Intensity Interval Pilates) as a break from my desk.

It is dreary today - hope it will clear up by this afternoon/evening so we can walk!

Wow, Sherry - I'm impressed with all you have done!! I wish that this didn't hit during my busy season as it would have been nice to take some days off to do some home projects. Who knows? I may still get the chance.....ugh.

re: re-opening, I think it is all a guess as to what will happen. I think some states are opening prematurely - hopefully the results will not be disastrous but this is all uncharted territory...some of the things that are re-opening are, in my mind, silly - as you can't social distance a hair cut or a tattoo - so why those businesses? And, neither service is essential...

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
Old 04-30-20, 07:05 PM  
Leonana

Today I did a workout from the Calm and Strong Rotation, Single Sided Strength. This is just what I needed as my right hand and forearm is aching and sore from all the painting. I just did the leg work on the right side, then used the dumbbell on the left side. I'm trying to use my left hand a lot today!

Donna, social distancing would be difficult with a hair salon. Our governor said those would open sometime later in the month of May. I did read an article of some small businesses that said they would open anyway on May 4. One was a nail salon in a small town close to Phoenix. She said her small business would fail if she didn't open soon, and she has received no government aid. She feels she has to open. She also said she disinfects everything. It's a tough situation no matter how you look at it. Although, I question her wisdom of admitting in a press release that she is opening anyway! I would be afraid of a fine.
Old 04-30-20, 08:33 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Metabolic Conditioning (DVD version). I hadn't done that one in a long time. It was tough!

It's been raining on and off all day and we're supposed to get wind and more rain overnight. Great...

The governor announced he is reopening parks and golf courses starting Saturday. Not sure what to think about that, but I'm sure people will flock to both places since we have nice weather coming up.

I agree about nail salons, hair salons. There's no way to social distance so those should be the last places to open, not the first!

Let's just hope it all works out. Not sure what else to say about it...

Tags
jessica smith get strong