Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-21, 10:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

47 minute park walk

There's a lovely park about a 10 minute drive from my house that I used to walk in quite frequently. Since the pandemic I haven't gone so much but I was over that way on an errand yesterday so I went in.
It felt good and there's a couple of little hills that add a little something to my walk but the big downside is I have to wear a mask there. I don't like wearing a mask when I'm walking especially when I'm breathing hard on hills. Fogs up my glasses. Probably a neighborhood walk later today.

DONNA, I was going to do Pahla's weight workout yesterday but I never got around to it. Maybe today? Your routine looks nice.

ROSE, great step count! I love that walking and talking on the phone workout you do

Hi PAT & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 07:28 PM  
Rose

Hello! No formal exercise today- instead I cleaned and did laundry. Had several phone calls so my count step went up to 10,000 so far, probably up more by the end of the night. I'm so happy I found this old fitbit. Thanks, Pat, for inspiring me to do step counting. It makes me move around a lot more-gotta get in those steps.

Donna Thanks for answering about Pahla. Sometimes I think something isn't 'enough' and so I don't do anything! That's not your problem, of course. Yeah, some people charge outrageous amounts for streaming.

Summer Breeze The park walk must have been pleasant. Here's hoping that mask days will end soon-of course, when it is safe to do so (not now!) though it seems strange to wear a mask outside in the open air.

Pat & Christina, enjoy the evening. Hope the weather is fine where you are!

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I walked our Golden - it was windy, but it was still nice to get out and walk.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - March Challenge Day # 5 - Finding Your Core - this was more of a mental workout than anything else to find and work your core. Not a lot of steps or calories burned w/ this one! But not a bad thing to do!

Robin Long/TBL - Day 5 - Full Body Strength

I am going to pass on Jessica's workout set - I don't want to work that hard or make that kind of commitment right now.

I am thinking of subscribing to Essentrics for a month - they are doing live workouts M-F for the rest of this month!

Christina - how do the live workouts work - how long do they keep them available? I probably can't do them in real time - so I would like to do them the next day, etc.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 08:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

58 minute outdoor walk

I'm hoping to walk today but I have a plumbing emergency so it depends what time the plumber gets here. Plus my sister is supposed to visit this afternoon.

ROSE, great job on the step count. I wasn't going to wear the mask even though there are signs to wear one. But the park was pretty crowded, it was a nice day and everyone had one on so I decided compliance was the way to go. I'm compliant in stores and indoor places of course but you're right, it does feel strange wearing a mask outdoors.

DONNA, the CS sub sounds like a good idea for a month. I was looking forward to Jessica's system but I was disappointed at no dvds and the length of some of the workouts. I may change my mind in the future though.

Hi PAT & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
Old 03-05-21, 08:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF, good morning! Yesterday I managed to drum up:

~ Day 3 of Lee Holden's Qi Challenge
~ A new Kassandra yin practice - Yin for Sleep
~ Made myself get up and move at the office, just reached 5,000 steps for the day.

It was nice to have an intermediate level yin, featuring shoelace, sleeping swan, thread the needle and some alternate wide leg forward bends. Nice hypnotic music. Thankfully that hip flexor calmed down within 24 hours, whew.

Rose, what I do for moist heat is wring a dishtowel of hot water out and put it inside my heating pad that has a removable cover. It just seems more penetrating. Yay on your 10,000 steps!

Summer Breeze, I do the same as you re: wearing the mask outdoors. I'm actually finding the cloth mask to be a nice face warmer.

Christina, have you heard about your meds?

Donna, I think you deserve some ETV. Live classes sound fun, hopefully you can take some of those.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 08:16 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post for me this morning, my DD has an eye dr appointment and since she is not 18 yet, I still go w/ her in case anything needs to be signed. She'll be 18 in less than six months - hard to believe.

So...speaking of "never say never" - I subscribed to Trifecta Pilates for one month. It is pricey at the monthly price, but I did not want to commit to a year - so one month - if I find I use it - maybe I'll consider something more long term. I have been wanting to focus more on Pilates w/ the hopes of it helping my back/hip issues...so..here we go! LOL!

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla - March Challenge Day # 6 - Met Con - I liked this - it was a circuit that you do twice - 30 seconds cardio, 60 seconds strength. Done in under 30 min.

Trifecta Pilates - Abs & Legs - this was a Level 2 workout on her site and it did up the challenge a bit - felt good about it.

Pat - Kassandra mentioned a new challenge coming in April - I'm curious to see what it looks like - I enjoy her classes!

Summer Breeeze - I hope your emergency got taken care of!

Rose - good job on the step count. I have laundry and cleaning today, too!

Waves, Christina - I hope all is well on your end.

Donna
Old 03-06-21, 12:51 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday! I was bushed after work and made myself move. I couldn't bare the thought of working on my Lucy's BRB challenge, the last few of those workouts are all over 25 minutes or a very tough looking lower body barre, and I wasn't in the mood for a challenge. After some YouTube surfing I found a non-threatening 10 minute Denise Austin walk, some outtakes from her LifeFit 360 program. I haven't done much from Denise, but wasn't bad! A little happy moving around without getting winded and the music was okay. I'll be visiting her channel in the future.

After that was day 4 of the Qi Challenge. Today is the last day. Challengers can poke around on the subscription website for free until March 12. Lee has really good tutoring in these routines, but I won't be subscribing due to the hefty $40 per month price tag.

Donna, a monthly membership sounds good. You like to switch things up.

I promised my house I would give it some love so I better run! I hope everyone is having a good day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 08:14 PM  
Rose

Hello!Quick check in

Yesterday-
Step Count 6,000
Pahla Day 4 Weightloss

Today
2 mile park walk
Step Count 8000
Pahla Day 5, Core

Okay, gotta go...will write personals tomorrow

Enjoy the weekend!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I switched things up today and did a workout w/Ellen:

Ellen - Sleek Sculpt Express
Trifecta Pilates - Hip Stretches

Both were good routines. Ellen's - wow - I forgot how high my HR can get w/ the overhead movements w/ weights. Not shoulder friendly, though. But, my shoulders are pretty good...in terms of no issues w/ them.

I also enjoyed Beth's hip stretches.

Yesterday DD and I walked after her eye appointment and today we will likely walk again - nice day out - sunny but chilly/windy - but better than it has been!

Not much new to report, I like the look of Ellen's weekly rotation this week so I may do her workouts w/ Pilates and it looks like the weather will be mostly good so I hope to get some dog walks in, too.

So...I downloaded Jessica's program guide, I can't help but feel tempted, but I know it isn't for me, at least right now- it may never be - b/c i prefer to mix things up more....but you know, FOMO and all... LOL! Maybe I need to make a deal w/ myself to complete WS 1, 2 and 3 before I can buy it.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-07-21, 10:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk

Hopefully the same for today. It's been cold and windy the last several days but we have some moderate temps coming in this week.
Can't wait.

Friday I got nothing in. The plumber was here for 2 1/2 hours and resolved the leak and clogged drain. The night before I was up all night emptying the bucket I put in the tub because the leak was so big it kept filling up the bucket and I had to keep emptying the bucket before the tub filled and overflowed. A bad leak and clogged drain are not a good combo. He fixed it but all the fixtures and pipes and things are so old and corroded I need a bathroom overhaul, good times!

DONNA, Jessica's program does sound good but I know me. I'll probably not get around to it so I can wait awhile and see what happens. Good job on your other workouts.

ROSE, nice step counts.

PAT, I have a few Denise's I try now and then. Small doses

Hi CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!

Tags
jim fixx