Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-21, 03:58 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks, Negin, I really hope the best for you too. I'm really benefiting from the YouTube Q's a lot.

I'm still adding a short 15 min Ellen and a CS/Ess though. I stream both of those, and I really enjoy them. But I am probably still doing too much. Argh, perhaps I'll find the right balance someday.
Lori_Michigan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 05:05 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I'm still adding a short 15 min Ellen and a CS/Ess though. I stream both of those, and I really enjoy them. But I am probably still doing too much. Argh, perhaps I'll find the right balance someday.
I believe that you will. Listen to your body. She's really helpful with all that. You'll find what works for you.

For me, I thought of adding in a CS every day, but I decided that for the first round of the Weight Loss Challenge, I'll only do the Pahla workouts. After that first month, then maybe I'll add a little bit more. I have enough stress in my life. For me the hard part is the stress (can't do much about it) and the sleep. Caloric intake is an issue as well. As Pahla says, you can lose weight without doing any workout.
Old 03-04-21, 08:23 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Thanks, Negin, I really need to keep repeating that every day!
Old 03-05-21, 06:57 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Thanks, Negin, I really hope the best for you too. I'm really benefiting from the YouTube Q's a lot.

Finding moderation can be tough. Right now I'm doing the Define & Align series and it is definitely not moderate for me. I'm waking up sore, stiff and tired and the workouts are not consistently the same in intensity each day - it's like 3 push days a week and 3 moderate days, which is probably not sustainable for my body these days.

Adding both an Ellen and a CS/Essentrics episode to Pahla's workout would probably be too much for me if I were trying to lose weight. It might not be for you. You can always experiment to see what works. I definitely saw weight plateaus when I swapped out some Cathe workouts (short premixes from the LITE series) for the Pahla workouts.

Keep listening to the Q & As when you can. I still listen to them periodically and find myself needing a dose of Pahla after work.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

hi -

Moderation can be hard to find, especially if you are used to doing more. It is also individual and you have to find what works best for you.

You don't have to do Pahla's workouts exclusively, if you enjoy Ellen and CS/Essentrics you can always skip one of Pahla's workouts and do one of those instead and then pick up Pahla's rotation where you left off. You don't have to follow Pahla strictly, you could definitely sub in another moderate workout for the Pahla workout of the day!

I do have a CS/Essentrics streaming question - how long do they leave up their live workouts? I saw that for the rest of the month they are doing a live every day M-F, and I am interested in subscribing for that - the trouble is - I can't always do them at the time they are live - so I would do them the next day.

For the record, LOL, I would probably not be doing Pahla's stuff while I was doing the CS/Essenric workouts - I may add on some walks or Pilates, though!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:29 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Great advice, I will actively work on NOT adding on to do more in the day. I am just so used to doing 90 mins a day of really hard workouts and weights so it's hard to dial it back.

I absolutely love CS, so I guess I need to figure out what will work with Pahla. Perhaps the flexibility days that are built in. I do Essentrics nearly every day now, so that will be hard to dial back too. I just love the mobility work and stretches. I also really enjoy Ellen, so I guess I'll play around with it next week.

Donna--the live workouts are usually up for a few weeks, but sometimes they leave them up longer. I never do them as they stream live. I'm still doing some from January. The streaming is awesome and the newer instructors teach it really slow and controlled. Many levels and time ranges. It's really made a difference in my posture and overall stiffness.

Thanks again for the help everyone, I truly appreciate it!
Old 03-05-21, 09:32 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Lori! That is good to know - I find the CS/Essentrics really helps me w/ my mobility, range of motion, etc. And, I also love Ellen, too...but I think there is a way to fit them all in - maybe just not all in the same day! LOL!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 09:51 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I find the CS/Essentrics really helps me w/ my mobility, range of motion, etc. And, I also love Ellen, too...but I think there is a way to fit them all in - maybe just not all in the same day! LOL!
I love this thread so much!
I also wish that there was a way to fit them all in. I also love Pahla, Ellen, CS/Essentrics. Sometimes I overthink it all and wish that I could do them all in one day. Then I remind myself, "No. I'm not meant to do that, especially now when my focus is on weight loss." All of that would be too much for me. I need to slow down and focus on all the things that she mentions. I'm typing these as reminders to myself. I'm not telling anyone what to do.

"You can actually lose weight without exercising at all.
I知 going to eat the right number of calories so consistently that my body won稚 be stressed about it.
I知 going to exercise so moderately that my body will simply enjoy the movement (nothing to stress about there).
I知 going to drink the right amount of water and get the right amount of sleep.
I知 going to manage my mindset with daily self-love work that will reassure me again and again and again that I知 doing the right thing and that I can handle this process."
Old 03-05-21, 09:57 AM  
s2546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negin View Post
I love this thread so much!
I also wish that there was a way to fit them all in. I also love Pahla, Ellen, CS/Essentrics. Sometimes I overthink it all and wish that I could do them all in one day. Then I remind myself, "No. I'm not meant to do that, especially now when my focus is on weight loss." All of that would be too much for me. I need to slow down and focus on all the things that she mentions. I'm typing these as reminders to myself. I'm not telling anyone what to do.

"You can actually lose weight without exercising at all.
I’m going to eat the right number of calories so consistently that my body won’t be stressed about it.
I’m going to exercise so moderately that my body will simply enjoy the movement (nothing to stress about there).
I’m going to drink the right amount of water and get the right amount of sleep.
I’m going to manage my mindset with daily self-love work that will reassure me again and again and again that I’m doing the right thing and that I can handle this process."

Lol! Good summary!! Thanks

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 02:34 PM  
primrosecat

Suggestions

Does anyone have suggestions for someone in her 70's, 40 pounds over weight, dealing with anemia that I almost succumbed to in Dec, and now have terrible pain in lower back, hips and legs? I can hardly walk, and Doc is recommending physical therapy, and I can't even get dressed. I need to lose weight, I think.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diabetes, pahla bowers, rotation, rotations, success stories, successful weight loss, system, systems, weight loss