Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-04-21, 12:37 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I read through the info on Jessica's site. It looks like a good program and I've been looking for more strength workouts, but I've got too much going on right now to devote to 45-50 minute workouts, so I'm going to pass for now. I may revisit this over the summer.

For now, I'm going to keep doing the Total Gym workout. I actually made up my own routine that I've been doing 3x/week mixed with walking and cardio on alternate days. After that, I'll pick up where I left off and do Jessica's WS2.
Old 03-04-21, 01:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Just watched Janessa's video. I hope once people ask more technical questions she will address more of that. She did a bit, but I want something concise and to the point (and she has a lot of distractions and wasn't the most organized) to be posting a live video. Still, I commend her for her willingness to do so! And, we're all fans of Jessica's workouts here and I only want the very best for Jessica.

Down the road....maybe by June 1st, I might be more comfortable making this kind of commitment. I'd like to be able to support Jessica.

I'm also enjoying my current rotation of Total Gym and lighter, gentler and more time efficient workouts. But, I eventually need to get back to my strength workouts again....

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 01:58 PM  
donnamp

hi!

I don't think the $97 price is too bad - it is about $8/workout.

But I think it is more of a commitment than I am willing to make right now - both in terms of time and intensity. Gosh, I still haven't done WS 3.0, LOL!

I also have come to realize that the Jessica workouts I enjoy the most are her cardio, fusion and cardio/sculpt (circuit styles). I generally don't love straight up strength training, even though I know it is good for me.

For now, I think I will pass, but this does look like a great program!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 02:20 PM  
donnamp

Hi!

You know what I think is speaking to me - an Essentrics subscription - they are doing 3 weeks of live classes starting 3/8. I know I can't always watch it live, but I think it is available for 24 hours after the recording.

I may jump on that - their streaming is $14.95/month and it is easy to cancel and pause.

I have a few more days to mull it over...

So, that may be my March plan....along w/ whatever else I fit in.

Donna
Old 03-04-21, 04:22 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Classical Stretch Aging Backwards 1204 (Weight Loss!)

Today I did more with Miranda, as well as Lee's Qi Gong Energy and Vitality! Lot's of knocking and tapping on various body parts with Lee's workout! Waking up and getting that energy/circulation going!

I'm not a fan of too much woo woo, in my healing workouts. When they start talking about Chakra's and meridians, I tune that kind of thing right out. I love yoga, but not the New Age Kundalini styles. Too weird for me!

Donna, I love some of the new Essentrics instructors but have not subscribed to their channel yet! I love the stretch video with Gail, Meg and Amanda and know I would enjoy anything they do! Miranda tends to blather a bit too much, so I like Sahra's no nonsense approach!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-21, 05:08 PM  
Leonana

I did an hour and a half of filing today. Something on tap for this evening, maybe my new Tantric workout.

Pam, I know what you mean by woo, the Tantric workout has a lot! That's why I don't mind that the volume is so bad, lol. Janessa's second video was more informative than the first, and she answered questions in the comment section.

Donna, I was told that Lift & Shift is more advanced than WS3. TBH, I'm having second thoughts myself, I'm not sure I'm up for it.

wishiwasinhawaii, it sounds like you have a good workout plan.
Old 03-04-21, 06:04 PM  
donnamp

I'm having second thoughts on subscribing to Essentrics, while it would be nice to do the live workouts every week, it looks like some of them (most of them) are 45 minutes and I really like to mix things up and regularly spending 45 min on one workout would be too much for me. Plus, I think they only leave their live workouts up for 24 hours...so if I wanted to take a day off....I wouldn't be able to pick up where I left off.

What I think this has taught me is to be happy w/ what I have or what I have available to me! LOL!

As for Jessica's newest, I just don't see myself doing it....so I will pass for now. Maybe she will be able to release DVDs of this program in the future, and I may want to purchase then and just mix these in w/ other programs.

Donna
Old 03-04-21, 07:28 PM  
Leonana

Well, I purchased it. What can I say, I waffled, lol. It doesn't show up in my regular PP library though. I access it through Jessica's Lift and Shift website. I don't know how that's going to work on my phone or Roku yet. I'm getting a headache, lol.

A lot of us are having problems. Some people have it in their PP library, some don't. I'm one of the unlucky ones. I can't figure out how to stream it. At this point, I can only access it through the Purchase Receipt email.
Old 03-05-21, 02:56 AM  
lizh

Hi Everyone,
My goodness! I miss one day and there has been a flurry! Wow! I just watched the video on the Lift and Shift site. I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger. I'm glad I have a few days to ponder.

In the meantime, yesterday and today I did Pahla's day 3 and 4 from her January rotation. I am very surprised how much I am liking Pahla this time! Her chatter doesn't bother me and I think the 20 minutes is ideal. Even though they are pretty easy, they still have a bit of a "punch" to them.

Sherry, I'm glad you purchased Lift and Shift and I'll be curious to hear what you think of the workouts. Yes, I am with you and I'm staying the heck out of the GD.

Donna - Now that I am used to Jessica and Pahla, doing a 45 minute work out feels really long! The Essentrics subscription is tempting though.

wishiwasinhawaii - I think for me in addition to the length of the workouts it is also that she is working out alone. After the Walk Strongs, I prefer to see Debby and Beth.

take care everyone!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 08:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday DD and I walked our Golden - it was windy, but it was still nice to get out and walk.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - March Challenge Day # 5 - Finding Your Core - this was more of a mental workout than anything else to find and work your core. Not a lot of steps or calories burned w/ this one! But not a bad thing to do!

Robin Long/TBL - Day 5 - Full Body Strength

I am going to pass on Jessica's workout set - I don't want to work that hard or make that kind of commitment right now.

Sherry - I hope you can figure out how to access it! I am sure you will. I also hope you like it and i can't wait to hear more about it!

Liz - Yea, Pahla is sneaky, it isn't as hard as some other stuff that is out there, but it isn't totally easy. I find it to be low dread and easy to stick w/ because it isn't overly long or overly hard. I am not sure what I'm going to do after I finish this week of Pahla's March workouts, though - I may continue w/ her or I may move on to another instructor. I'm still considering Essentrics ---

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy