Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-05-19, 10:39 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
FW: Butt & Guts on the Beach

Jessica's workout today was HIIT and I'm not a HIIT person, so I skipped it.

Donna, thanks for letting me know about Jessica. I agree with you! I somehow felt that maybe I should join because after the 15th, I "can't" get in. I already decided I wanted to try Carrie's site instead, so the closed enrolled definitely created a feeling of missing out. I won't fall for it though.

Carol, that's so funny! I would loved to have seen the look on her face, lol.

Cheri, how are you adjusting to the new shift? I hope your back feels better!

Waves to all!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 07:30 PM  
cherimac

After Book Haul at work (which took hours to set up and take down), corporate assigned me about 25 projects all due Tuesday...and I was off Sunday-Tuesday. Haha! I've about got them done finally. I've had help from one of our Sales and Inventory Managers, thank heavens.

I've been working early because we're having Field Trips. We were set to have three classes of 20 Kindergarten children each, back to back. At 9:45 about 50 grandparents show up. At 10, 66 kids walk in...all three classes at once. We were going crazy getting all the frappuccinos made, etc. but it happened. Tomorrow is another Field Trip day and Saturday is regular weekend Story Time and Kids' events. I'm looking forward to being off Sunday.

I did just get in a workout because I knew I had to come post. :b I did PN Upper Body Strengthen and Sculpt.

Donna-my son does a lot of cooking with my mid schedule. I cook food to take for lunch on the weekends.

Christine-thankfully this is temporary.

Donna-yes, it's a nice schedule. I get up around 7-7:30 and have a more relaxed morning.
Old 09-06-19, 06:10 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all ~

Thursday's workouts were:

Dog Walk - 25 minutes;
Barre Amped - Cardio Fat Burn: Warmup, Cardio Sculpt & Cool Down Stretch - 31 minutes;
Pilates Nest - PNMC Day 4 - Upper Body Sculpt - 10 minutes

I really like Suzanne and all the attention she gives to stretching. I'm toying with alternating Barre Amped workout segments with Smriti's calendar - i.e. a Barre Amped 30 minute or so workout on Smriti's 10 minute workout days. At least that's what I'm thinking about at this very moment.

Smriti's workout wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. There was some stuff that was challenging for my wrists, but I just did it. I knew she wouldn't rep me to death, and she (Smriti) didn't.

Cheri, your work sounds a little crazy like mine. Glad you've got that day off to look forward to!

Christine - That's a funny workout title - Butt & Guts on the Beach - you don't want to know what I thought of when I read it (being a very literal person). I am not a big fan of HIIT either, unless it's reasonable HIIT, and most of them aren't.

Donna Did you put all of your mom's prescriptions in a little pill organizer? Some pharmacies out here will package prescriptions in daily bundles when they fill them, I think. I noticed that Jessica V had shifted to that open enrollment period model for her streaming service, much like Robin. I wondered if she had changed anything on her site besides the subscription/enrollment process, but I'm guessing not.

Waves to all ~ a busy work day ahead ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 11:20 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Last night I managed to get a walk in - Up to the Beat Fitness/Gina B - Country Walk

This morning, I needed some zen so I did Ellen's Moving for Beauty.

Cheri - I much prefer to take my time in the morning, even if I get up early, I like to have my coffee and quiet time, workout, etc...it is too rushed with working "regular" hours - especially with a long commute!!

Carol - Jessica's site hasn't changed much, and I don't like the closed enrollment model...I do like her workouts, though. I signed up for a year in January, I'm not sure if I will keep it up or not - it worked out to be pretty cheap at $8.25/month.

I may have to go back to Ellen though, LOL!

And, yes, I got my mom the pill counter thingy - I found one at CVS that has a row for morning, afternoon, evening and bedtime pills. So I set her up with that. For one of her meds she has to monitor her bp, so I bought her a home blood pressure monitoring device. This all does not sound terrible, but to her, it is the literal end of the world. She is very high maintenance and is overwhelmed by taking her meds and checking her bp. Ugh. I keep telling her take the meds according to the time of day - don't think about it - and take the bp once a day and write it down. But..UGH. I say this half-kidding that it is too bad her health needs are such that she is not eligible for more intensive services b/c she is a handful to manage with these things that are routine for most of us...UGH!

Anyway thanks for letting me vent.

Her apartment should be ready soon, i can pick up the lease on Monday. So, it will be good to get the move done.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 02:16 PM  
furmomof6

Jessica Valant Pilates Camp: Day 6 - All in One

This was a total body putting together everything from the beginning. I really liked it. I do like her a lot as an instructor. I wasn't able to walk today. I jammed one of my toes yesterday and it's all black and blue, ugh. I don't think it's broken!?

Donna, I'm sorry your mom can be difficult, that's hard. Hopefully all will be settled soon and you can get back to some normalcy.

Carol, LOL! I know, that's not a typical name for one of Michelle's workouts. I really like it because it has Pilates moves and old school floor work.

Cheri, I'm glad it all worked out!

Waves!

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
Old 09-06-19, 05:00 PM  
furmomof6

Donna, are Jessica's workouts mostly around 20-30 minutes, and is there a good variety of Pilates compared to the other types of workouts? I was looking at Carrie Pages' site, and a lot of her workouts are almost an hour and seem advanced. She seems to like those jackknives! Anyway, I feel I click better with Jessica but I'm torn. Thanks!

Old 09-06-19, 05:41 PM  
cherimac

Today's PN workout was Stretch and Calm. <3

So, yeah, 60 kids at once today, haha. And the rest of the day finishing projects and prepping for tomorrow. It's the 1 millionth storytime celebration for BN so it's a big weekend. Of course, haha.

Donna~definitely feel free to talk through things here. (((Hugs)))
Old 09-07-19, 07:26 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was

PN - Ease and Energy Every Day - 30 minutes

This was new to me - I don't think I've done it before; it had some varied exercises from what I'm used to.

Cheri - sounds like organized chaos at BN for sure. You probably needed that Stretch and Calm workout!

Christine - my recollection is that Jessica does have mainly shorter pilates type workouts. I do think she's a good instructor. Sorry about your toe! That doesn't sound good.

Donna - oh my! How old is your mother? Has she always been so helpless? Such an interesting, if not bizarre, dynamic. Most of us want to be as independent as we can possibly be for as long as we can. Do you think she's just "given up"? I can't think of any other explanation for it.

Off to work for me - to make up for jury duty on Monday (and hopefully that's the only day). Although I work in a school, no one ever hires a sub for me when I'm gone...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen B - Sleek Sculpt Express and Jessica Valent - Renew & Restore Pilates.

I always am happy to workout w/ Ellen!

Carol - My mom is not old by today's standards by any stretch of the imagination. She is only 77 1/2. She has always been like this to some extent - can't make decisions, can't handle change, can't handle pretty much anything. It has definitely gotten worse over time for sure. I know we all have trouble dealing w/ change and new routines, but her reaction to even the smallest change is extreme. I do think she has mental health issues - but no one really wants to address them in spite of my bringing it to the attention of the dr's in the hospital and rehab facilities. It seems if you are not actively suicidal they dismiss it and I guess they can't force you to take meds - anti-depressants were prescribed but she refused them. Her attitude/behavior/mental health issues make a tough situation all the tougher. My DH has advised me to sort of distance myself and take a more clinical approach and i think he is right. I can't live the rest of her life the way I have been feeling for the last 2+ months.

Cheri - thank you! I used to LOVE story time at B&N and Borders (back when they were in business!) and the library. When my DD was little we hit all of them!! Maybe that is why she likes to write and illustrate stories and characters?

Christine - thank you!!! Jessica does offer a variety of workouts on her site - weights, barre, yoga/fusion, etc. They are generally on the shorter side, but she does have some longer programs. I do like her and her attitude/approach. I signed up for a year in January and got in under her old pricing structure, I will decide if I want to continue by the end of the year. Her workouts and calendars do help when I am short on time for workouts. I'm hoping that once my mom is moved into her new apartment she will be a little bit better.....

Waves, everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-19, 11:37 AM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Carrie Pages Pilates: 18 minute mat
Jessica Valant Pilates: Day 7 Renew & Restore

I decided to join Carrie's 2 week trial to try some more of her workouts. I did really like the one I tried today, but I like Jessica too! I'm really torn even though Carrie has reformer workouts. I think I'll have to join Jessica's site as well just to get a feel for everything she offers and how I like it.

Donna, thanks for the info on Jessica! I'm glad Ellen's workout was feel good for you. Is your mom at least looking forward to the move? I know you said she doesn't like change.

Carol, thanks! My toe is actually a little better today, but boy is it black and blue! Ugh, Jury Duty. I just got a notice myself!

Cheri, I hope your crazy day is going well!!

Waves!