Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-08-19, 10:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Laura - I feel guilty for enjoying post-hurricane weather up here, but it really is exciting and often beautiful. If only those patterns could blow through without devastating other people's lives. That yoga teacher at work sounds odd! Kind of a disconnect between teacher and students.

Cyana I've also begun to notice LWR workouts are in "bytes" for lack of a better word. Mariya Gancheva does that sometimes. I was doing a Lucy for arms the other day and just loved how she pronounces "bosom." Good luck with finding the perfect schedule - you deserve to put yourself first!

I'll catch up tomorrow - everyone enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 10:31 AM  
laurajhawk

Happy Sunday! I had a lovely day yesterday - gentle yoga (so nice) and then brunch with yoga buddy & yoga teacher. We sat for a long time and talked. Then a couple errands, helped DH assemble a yard swing and sat outside for a long time, watched US Open women's final, and binged on Downton Abbey. It wasn't a very active day but it was a nice mix of outside & inside.

Welcome Cheryl!
Pat, the breath flows sound really nice.
Jackie, have fun at the party. Did you take a gift? I wouldn't have known either.
Sherry, I love kickboxing but it is tricky for the back. Last time I tried to do Tae Bo my back was a little tweaky and it just didn't work for me.
Pam, I hate technical problems with my workouts. Takes me right out of the mood. I'm sorry you're having that with YDL.
Cyana, I get up early to work out and then don't go to work until about 9 (most times - this week I'll need to work earlier). It works well for me and I'm able to flex when there's something I want to do earlier after work - like 5:30 yoga.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 12:22 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis, a quick fly by for me....

Today’s offerings:
~ETV: Express Posture - definitely a fave!
~YouTube: Walk at Home Bonus Burn with Nick - This was several add ons to some Leslie walks & was led by Nick. It was mainly an upper body resistance band workout. It was good, worked the arms, shoulders & back.
~Gaia: AM Yoga for Your Week Twists - another lovely offering from Rodney!
~acupressure Posture ball work - I’ve been neglecting this!
~8 km walking

Waves to all, back to chat tomorrow!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 01:47 PM  
Twigs

Hello everyone!

A quickie for me too, as I'm heading out in a short while.

Today was:
- The Firm Fat Blasting Bursts with light and medium weights
- YoQi Morning Energise class
- MFML - Easy Spine 1 and Easy Hips 2. Thank you Pam for the recommendations.

Pam - Did you say that you're starting another Sadhana this month?

Laura - I had to study Jane Austen's work extensively during the last 2 years of High School. She's still one of my favourite classical authors. Actually, I love any historical fiction. Have you read any of her novels?

Pat - It sounds as though some of the class was beneficial. I wouldn't have liked all that talking either. I've been in similar classes when you're sitting there, just wishing they'd get on with it!

Jackie - Hope you have a good time at the party.

Sherry - I'm glad you're on the mend. Doing 40 minutes of a soul sweat class is impressive. Thanks also for the recipe. I use my Instant Pot a lot.

Cyana - I hope you are able to re-arrange your schedule, so you don't miss out on your yoga classes during your busy period. A girl's gotta have some down-time. Have you heard how Lee Holden is doing? I hope his recovery is going well.

Hi to Donna and Cheryl and anyone stopping by.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 04:17 PM  
sherry7899

Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it.

This morning's workout:

Boho Beautiful Meditation (something about self expression-I am terrible at remembering titles! I need to get back to regular meditation, and I really like the ones from Boho Beautiful

Soul Sweat w/Tori-I finished the whole hour My back tightened up for awhile later in the day, but is okay now (fingers crossed)

Yoga with Adriene-beginner morning practice
I put my PolarA370 back on today. I have not worn it since July!

Pam and Margot-I hope you enjoy the recipe. I am looking forward to cooler weather to start making soup, stews and chili again. I love one pot meals.

What happened to Lee Holden?!

Pat, thank you for posting about your class.

Jackie, I hope you enjoyed your Ellen.

Hi and hugs to everyone else!

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 08:04 PM  
cyana

Quick wave before the work week starts back.....I suspect I'll be moaning loudly tomorrow, LOL, especially since I worked a very long day today.

Today:
YT LWR 10 Minute Abs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ2G6pTMgHs
YT Austin Goh - How to Burn Belly Fat in 4 Minutes a Day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTPwMZIDiYQ

These are going to be my core (pun intended!) work-outs for 21 days (I'm on day 3) and I'll add on other things as time allows. I feel like a total doofus doing Austin's practice, but what the heck, I'm my favorite guinea pig! Austin has a good headache practice on YT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usi_Qcvbk_c . I've used this before when I had a headache and it really helped.

Sherry - Lee was bitten by their puppy about two weeks ago. The wound became infected and he ended up in the hospital. At one point they thought he would need surgery, but it sounded like they were able to treat him medically (IV antibiotics). As of Friday evening he still wasn't teaching. I'll let you know if/when I hear something new. They've been updating us in the subscriber emails for the streaming service.

Need to run - waves to ALL as I need to be winding it down for the night and working on getting some much needed .

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-19, 08:46 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Well I went to the party. I didn't bring a gift b/c we were told not to. It was nice, my friend was surprised and swatted her dh. Funny! I'm glad I went. I did bring a card and forgot to give it to her. I'll give it to her this week...she comes to my Wed Essentrics.

I did a 20 minute Jessica Smith workout today...it was a total body standing barre without the barre. Not sure it was really barre but it was nice with light weights. Also did a short Barre3 and some Essentrics with Meg.

So maybe Ellen tomorrow......

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 03:00 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!
Back to chat while I drink my coffee.

Pat - Sorry your viniyoga was a bit underwhelming, I wouldn’t like the long talk either! The pranayama & your meditation sound lovely. I hope your back is okay today.

Margot - Glad you’re enjoying the Easy Spine series. I always do the winter solstice/new year sadhana, some start on winter solstice & some on Jan 1. It’s a perfect way to start a new year!

Laura - Your Sunday sounds lovely! Yes tech problems are frustrating, but so minute compared what others are going through, right. I think one problem with YDL is that there isn’t a setting wheel on the bottom corner of the screen to adjust the quality. I usually adjust all my streaming workouts down to 540 or less.

Sherry - So glad you are back doing your beloved dance workouts! I look forward to one pot soup and chili recipes too. My family loves them and my DIL loves getting the leftovers to take to work. I freeze them in yogurt containers for her.

Cyana - Hope your work week isn’t too crazy! I just watched Austin’s Belly Fat video, hey it’s worth a try! I added it to one of my YT playlists, please do report back on its effect! Thanks for the update on Lee, hope he’s fully healed soon!

Jackie - Glad you enjoyed the party! I love Jessica’s workouts and she is so generous with her YT freebies.

Back later to post my workouts....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 08:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Moan Day. It's so nice out, I'm thinking of Laura's retirement thread and how I would be at the beach that's a farther drive and a true Atlantic Ocean beach. Anyway, yesterday I had to catch up on my home PT since I've been very bad and my back hurt:

~ Meditation Day 8 - 12 minutes Insight Timer;
~ Standing and mat PT at home;
~ GYM for recumbent bike, weight machines and cable PT
~ Sarah Beth's Deep Stretch for back pain (from memory)

Pam - nice to see you feeling the Rodney

Jackie - score that you didn't have to bring a gift and the party was fun, too.

Cyana I checked out the ab workout, I'm excited that it's all standing, you can multi-task core and cardio at the same time.

Margot I did not know something happened to Lee Holden. Did you learn via your subscription?

Laura your Sunday sounds so nice.

Sherry good job on getting back in action. I hope your back continues to improve. Good news about your colonoscopy getting straightened out.

We haven't seen Donna in a while - sending positive thoughts. I hope she is okay.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 10:01 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

I was tired this morning and almost took a rest day, but I did not want to lose momentum. I will likely take a rest day tomorrow ( I can't do cardio more than three days straight) but do long yoga tomorrow.

I did 35 minutes of a Soul Sweat class with Tori. I hadn't done many of her classes, and I really like them! Her choreography was too difficult for me when I first started the classes back in 2015, but now I can pick it up. It isn't actually hard, but I'm not the best at picking up steps. I am better at it now than I was back then. She uses a wider style of music and types of dance than Lucy does, and I really enjoy that.

After that I did a Yoga Upload morning practice. I plan to do meditation later.

I may do more short cardio later today.

Pam-your DIL is so lucky to get your cooking to take for lunch. That is so sweet of you to share! My son doesn't always like the one pot recipes, but since he eats out with friends/his girlfriend half the time I have decided not to always cook for his taste anymore. I don't mean to sound cold about that, but I've been frustrated too many times making something I know he likes and then at the last minute he's not home to eat it. Then days later he will ask if any is left, and we've finished it! My DH and I love more vegetable based foods he wouldn't touch, and I want to make them again.

Pat, great workouts! I envy your beach walks. Is the ocean calm where you live? We were talking about how we had said someday we want to retire near the ocean, but the ocean has been really rough the past few summers! I can't get knocked around by it anymore. It really hurts my back. Plus, it is always more expensive to live close to the shore. We have really liked swimming in a lake with a beach the past two summers, and I told my DH maybe we should consider somewhere inland with a lake or (calmer) river with a beach. As long as I have water somewhat nearby to swim and walk near, I am happy That would open up a lot more options. We could always just drive to the ocean a few times a summer instead. We can't stay in NJ after retirement. We both hate the cold, and the taxes and car insurance here are a fortune.

Cyana- thanks for the update about Lee. That sounds nasty and painful! Poor guy! I am glad he is going to be okay. Infections are so scary.

Jackie, I am glad you enjoyed the party.

Please send good thoughts this way. My DH has his yearly urologist exam this afternoon. He had a prostate cancer scare two years ago (thank goodness the biopsy was negative) and has to go back for yearly bloodwork and exams. Last year he was fine and did not have to get a biopsy. I am hoping for the same today. It is hard not to think about it all day.

Donna has been posting on other checks ins, but not here. I hope she will come back here soon

I will post again later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote