Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-03-19, 08:41 AM  
laurajhawk

I did 4 or 5 segments of Gilad Express yesterday, plus a short lunar-style yoga practice in the evening. More this morning - warm-up, two LB, core challenge, and cool-down. I'm planning to go to favorite teacher's yoga class this evening (schedule's different this month).

Cyana, I hope your headache is gone by now. I'm trying to be more regular with meditation - it helps me a lot.
Pam, I do get dizzy spells sometimes a little bit before a migraine. It's always just a short spell but sometimes pretty intense.
Pat, your workouts sound lovely.

My migraine this time passed quickly and never turned into a headache. I get ocular migraines - it starts with a visual disturbance (sometimes a dizzy spell shortly before that), which can get bad enough to prevent me from doing things, but in any case my best response is to take ibuprofen and lots of water and lie down in the dark immediately. If I do that, often it passes without any pain at all. If I don't address it right away, and keep trying to do things, I can end up with a bad headache, light sensitivity, and also cognitive difficulty - forgetting words and suchlike. This time it was only about a half hour from start to finish - but after that I'm careful about screen time and sunlight for a while.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 09:00 AM  
sherry7899

Good morning!

I am going to try to cautiously jump back into exercise. My back has improved, but isn't at 100 percent yet. I did a half hour gentle NIA workout this morning, which felt okay. I do need to still stretch and use heat. This injury is so frustrating. I felt totally fine yesterday.

Cyana and Laura-I am so sorry the headaches/migraines. I hope you both feel better.

Pam, how are you feeling today? That is scary!

We saw The Who at Madison Square Garden on Sunday...every time we see them we end up with drunk idiots near us. The guys next to us sang along off key and TALKED through the entire show. The band was a little rusty since they'd been off for two months, but seeing them with an orchestra was really special.

I'll try to post more later. I want to do some yoga later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 09:28 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello yoginis!

I am better today, vertigo is gone, had a good sleep last night with the help of my favorite locally made herbal sleep aid. I don’t take it often, but it sure helps when I do.

I got back at my workouts this morning and then DH & I walked into town, along the sea wall, & hiked up to a medieval fort/castle at the top of a nearby hill. It was was a real climb & the view at the top was amazing. I’m pooped, lol, probably overdid it a bit.

Today’s workouts:
~Classical Stretch 1108 Back Pain Relief - This really helped loosen me up as I was stiff from laying around yesterday, doesn’t take long for that to happen.
~Jessica’s Balance & Agility - I really like this one, she uses a resistance band for some upper body strength and does lots of balance work
~Gaia: Yee’s Back Care Solutions - Exploration - this felt great!
~14,567 steps with lots of uphill, whew

Sherry - So good to hear from you! Sorry you back pain is lingering, you are wise to take things slow. The concert sounds amazing, but thumbs down to the nearby drunk idiots, how frustrating! The dizziness was a bit scary, I’m glad it has passed!

Laura - I’ve never had significant visual disturbances with my migraines. I am very light sensitive though and always wear sunglasses outside, often even when it’s cloudy. Enjoy your class tonight!

Pat - Your beach walk sounds lovely!

Cyana - How nice to have a long visit with your son!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-19, 01:17 PM  
Twigs

Hello fellow yoginis!

I managed to get in a long hike both yesterday and today. I also did:
- CS 1026
- Pilates Anytime - Basic mat workout with Monica Wilson. Very precise instruction. I'm learning so much from these classes.

Today:
- Jessica Smith WS3 - Tone and Flow using light hand weights. Another enjoyable routine.
- MFML Kundalini Kriya
- Jeff Chand qigong for the neck and shoulders

Cyana - It sounds as though you had a nice long catch-up with your son. Thanks also for the links to the sound meditations. I'm enjoying them.

Pat - I really like Aprille (YR); her voice, her calm demeanour and her practices. She also has some nice short meditations on her site.

Laura - I'm glad your migraine passed quickly. Have fun at your class this evening.

Sherry - It's good to hear your back is recovering. I can imagine how frustrating it must be for you. Hope you were able to enjoy the concert despite the noisy neighbours. Some people are so inconsiderate.

Pam - What a relief that your vertigo was short-lived. Your hike up to the medieval castle sounds lovely. You're making me want to return.

Hi to Jackie and Donna.

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 08:02 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I decided to go on a Meditation Sadhana for the month of September. I've already meditated since the 1st so why not keep it going. I'll have an excuse to try all the yummy meditations Cyana is sharing.

Day 1 - Insight Timer, 8 minutes; walking meditation at the beach
2 - Long and serene seated meditation at the beach
3 - Insight Timer, 12 minutes; IT at night for a 14 minute yoga nidra

I also did Unwind Muscle Tension from B. Benagh's AM/PM DVD. Pretty tiring and lackluster day.

Laura thank goodness your migraine left town.

Hey Sherry, nice to see you pop in. What a PITA about those guys. I don't know why some people go to see a band then ignore the show. I hope your back continues healing.

Pam, whew good news that the vertigo is gone. I love that Exploration practice. I young Rodney.

Your hike and Pilates sound nice, Margot.

Sending lots of hugs to our Donna and waves to everyone else. Have a great day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 08:02 AM  
laurajhawk

Quick check-in since there's an early meeting I need to go to today. The yoga last night was just what I needed - she is starting a chakra series, so it was grounding and balancing, very interesting work and very good. This morning I did a Gilad Total Body Sculpt episode that was really shoulder-intensive - I used 3s and that was plenty, noticed Gilad was using 5s. Tonight is the new advanced class but I'll prob also go to yoga at work; I just hate to abandon that group and teacher.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 08:13 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quick check in here!

Yesterday I just did a walk and CS...and then a lot more walking at a zoo in St. Paul.

Today I teach an Aging Backwards style class and will get in something more.

Don't know if you saw the post I started in the GD...but it bothers me that nobody is approving new members for VF. I have had 2 people in the last couple days contact me on FB and through my Essentrics website...their memberships have been pending for years!!!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 11:37 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s workouts:
~Classical Stretch 921 Spine Strength & Flexibility - I quite enjoyed this one but it sure moves faster than the later seasons
~Jessica’s 6 Mile Mix: Upper Body Sculpt & c/d
~MFML: Twist & Unwind - Love this Spine series!
~lovely walk around the harbour at Port Vendres
~YTU back acupressure

Margot - I am enjoying Jessica’s workouts too! France is lovely, we’ve been fortunate to visit for three straight years and hope the trend continues!

Pat - Meditation at the beach sounds lovely, you live in a beautiful place!

Laura - I did Gilad’s 21 Day rotation recently, he packs a lot into a short workout! Enjoy your yoga class!

Jackie - Crazy for people to wait so long to join VF!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-19, 02:01 PM  
Twigs

Hello all!

Today was:
- Ellen's Power Express 15
- Body Groove DYHO
- YoQi Autumn Tonify

Pam - I must try that spine series - thanks for the recommendation. I'm glad you're having a good time. I've always loved France and almost moved there when I was 22. The food is wonderful too! I spent a month with a French family when I was 16 and came home 10 pounds heavier!

Jackie - It all makes sense now, as I tried on a couple of occasions to get my user name changed but never got any response. Hopefully, something can be worked out so that people can get approved more quickly. It'd be nice to see the forum buzzing again.

Laura - The yoga chakra series sounds really nice. Have fun at your classes today.

Pat - Good luck with your meditation Sadhana. At the beginning, I had a couple of days when I almost forgot to meditate but I've made it to Day 35 and it's now become part of my daily habit.

Waves to all and have a great evening!

"Practice makes progress" ~ Sandra Hanna
Twigs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 07:45 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! My yesterday featured:

~ Meditation Day 4 - 12 minutes Insight Timer and 1 Minute Chakra Tuneup with Himalayan Singing Bowls;
~ LWR 7 Minute Workout to Lose Belly Fat;
~ PT with the flogger

MY PT had me book out through October, which stinks because she can keep flogging me, BUT the bright side is I get more reformer Pilates! I booked them all with the good lady too.

Margot - thanks for the encouragement. Good for you, I hope mine becomes a habit too.

everyone - I gotta run!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote