Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-12-19, 12:18 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Not listening to the audio is the route I took. And I also go at my own pace. And change sides at my own discretion to keep good form...
It's just making me too crabby. I know the DOMS I had from day 2 mean I need more glute work but I don't have to be grumpy doing it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-19, 12:23 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I also saw the bad reviews on Gym Boss and most of the apps. I'm low tech - I needed something easy to tell me intervals and distance since this is my only running technology. When girlfriend spoke to me, I would do the opposite of what I was doing. Easy. Now, I'm doing 2:1 - less easy, I've been known to mess up. 3:1 won't be happening with her. You might want to consider walking for a set amount of time after a certain distance with your intervals are more than 3:1, that might be easier to set up. How hard is the Garmin to program? Maybe a conservative change will get you where you want to go and be sustainable?
I tried walking a minute after each mile the other day but I'm too anal. I want set times. I don't think the Garmin was hard to set up but I have to find the instructions again bc I have no clue how I did it. Honestly i would rather not walk at all but I just can't seem, so far, to get where I want to be so I want to extend the run intervals till hopefully I can. I'll probably just download another timer app & hope it works better than the one I have.

This morning I did 10 min on the bike trainer then broke the shrinkwrap on a 2011 Denise Austin DVD, Sculpt & Burn Body Blitz, and did the warmup, Cardio Sculpt and cooldown sections. Then I tried Cassey's day 3 and didn't finish. I put off dog walks first thing bc it was pouring, so since I couldn't decide what stretch to do I walked the dogs, just a short one. For some reason I am extremely crabby and irritable today so the walk was frustrating. I know I do better walking one at a time bc it's so hard when they need very different speeds. Came back and did CLX Dynamic Flow Yoga, which I hadn't done since 2013 and didn't remember at all! Definitely more strength yoga than stretch or restorative.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 09-12-19, 01:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Downloaded one that has a lot of good reviews but it's not exactly what I want either.

Old 09-13-19, 01:51 PM  
SandyO

I'm done with S90! I checked my old logs, and the only other time I did Ruthless, Rushfit, and S90 in the same calendar year was 2015.

It's hard to tell if the nerve gliding is helping my hip or not. It seems fine in general, but it flares after running about 45 min-an hour. It has been fine the second hour, so will it stay fine for a third hour? Ali and Vannie think I should be safe and do the Harder than Heck Half marathon, so I don't make things worse and have to take months off running like with my foot injury (PF).

Sandy O
Old 09-13-19, 03:26 PM  
Vantreesta

Friday the 13th!! Not as good as Halloween but it ranks up there!

I was supposed to run today but my hip started hurting again overnight and my glutes on that side have been hurting too so I decided to just stretch and roll today. But then I decided to go out and pull weeds bc I love today's weather so much, so now pretty much everywhere is a little sore, even though I was out less than 1 1/2 hours. Will aim to stretch while supper is in the oven.

Old 09-14-19, 02:04 PM  
buffmama

[QUOTE=SandyO;2838054 Ali and Vannie think I should be safe and do the Harder than Heck Half marathon, so I don't make things worse and have to take months off running like with my foot injury (PF). Sandy O[/QUOTE]

Safe is good. Hurt is bad. And you, unlike me, enjoy running in the winter Sandy.
Old 09-15-19, 07:32 AM  
Vantreesta

Didn't end up stretching or rolling Friday and then somehow hurt my ankle. Yesterday we got up at 5 and drove a couple hours north for a flea market and tractor show with my father-in-law. The weather was really nice for it this year (last year it was over 90 degrees ) although it was a real mud fest. Walked the dogs before supper but I was lazy and didn't do 3rd walks last night. The Twins swept a doubleheader with the Indians so I am stoked!

I altered my workout schedule (again). I hope I can make myself follow it.

Old 09-15-19, 07:57 PM  
buffmama

So the race I planned on doing may be full. 😰. I emailed and will hopefully hear something positive back. Keep your fingers crossed. 🤞
Old 09-15-19, 09:22 PM  
Vantreesta

Hope you can still get in, Buff! That was the push I needed...I just registered for my race!

First day of my new schedule and I failed. Stupid heat. And laziness.

Old 09-16-19, 06:57 AM  
buffmama

Race director emailed and didn't say it was closed. Guess I really need to sign up (today) and commit mentally to knowing I can do it (and that my knee will be fine).