Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-19, 01:15 PM  
Lannette

Thumbs down If you ever subscribed to Callanetics streaming...

Check your credit card!

Last year I signed up for a single month. I cancelled before the end of the month and went back in to be sure my membership wasn’t active. Today I got my credit card statement and they had billed me! When you cancel they keep your credit card info so if there’s a site glitch I guess you can be activated without your knowledge. How I wish I had taken a screenshot but I didn’t. I’ve emailed asking that my credit card info is removed because it’s not possible for me to do so.

Another reason I hate streaming!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 07:33 PM  
bubbles76

Oh Lannette I'm so sorry! This stinks And I know you really liked the streaming service too. What a bad taste to leave!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 09:20 PM  
sillygirl

That's terrible, what a pain. I think Callanetics is one of the few streaming sites that offers payment through PayPal. Anytime I can choose PayPal I do so my credit card information isn't saved on the site. You can also unsubscribe by canceling your recurring charges right from your PayPal account.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-19, 09:47 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
That's terrible, what a pain. I think Callanetics is one of the few streaming sites that offers payment through PayPal. Anytime I can choose PayPal I do so my credit card information isn't saved on the site. You can also unsubscribe by canceling your recurring charges right from your PayPal account.
I'm the same.

That sucks Lannette.
Old 04-02-19, 05:18 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. We should have the option for them to retain cc info or not and if it is automatically retained it should be more clearly stated rather than the usual "you can come back anytime, all your preferences wil be retained". Thanks for the heads up!

I always use temporary credit cards for online purchases. This is especially handy for when I want to discontinue a subscription -- besides canceling the subscription, I go back to my bank acc't and delete that card. (Each temporary card, at least with my bank, can only be used with one vendor, so I have many temporary cards, each dedicated to a specific vendor, e.g. Amazon*.) And if I purchase an annual sub for something that only allows for recurring renewals, I'll delete that card as soon as that first year is paid for, eliminating the possiblility of future automatic renewals.

*ETA: At Amazon, since they have third-party vendors, I have a gift card acc't which I reload from my "Amazon-dedicated" temporary card and use whenever I am about to purchase anything, directly from Amazon and/or from 3rd-party vendors.
Old 04-02-19, 05:50 AM  
Lannette

Thanks everyone. I normally do use PayPal but way back when I signed up there wasn’t an option for it. They haven’t responded to my request to close my account. I may have to call my credit card company and see I can block them that way.

They used to be so responsive and subscriber centered when They were under the old platform but all that changed under the new one.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 08:26 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
I'm the same.

That sucks Lannette.
I do the same for the same reason. This happened to me recently with Glo Yoga - I canceled and got charged, but they were great when I reached out to them and refunded the payment.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
callanetics, callanetics streaming