Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-19, 08:35 PM  
VainJane

Free Pilatesology workouts (including Reformer)

I apologize if this is old news, but I just noticed that Pilatesology has three complimentary full-length workouts on their homepage. I only noticed this now because I have a membership and my browser usually keeps me logged in, but today my cookie apparently expired and I got the non-member welcome page. I can't link to the individual workouts for some reason, but if you go to their homepage and scroll down past the member testimonials, you can play the workouts in full-screen mode.

There's a basic mat workout (17 min), an intermediate mat workout (35 min), and an intermediate Reformer workout (40 min). I thought the latter would be especially interesting for some VFers, since I've seen several posts about home Reformers recently. Alisa Wyatt is a top-notch instructor (better than most studio instructors IMO) and gives great form pointers. She uses a Gratz Reformer with a box; the Gratz springs are all the same strength (i.e. no color-coding). Some exercises require putting your weight on the footbar, which I'm not sure that all home Reformers support, so I recommend testing it out before going into the full exercise.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-19, 09:42 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

thanks.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 10:43 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Thanks! I have actually been considering re-subscribing. I really like their Pilates workouts.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-19, 11:19 AM  
VainJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfit41 View Post
Thanks! I have actually been considering re-subscribing. I really like their Pilates workouts.
I'm a huge fan of Pilatesology and find them far superior to PilatesAnytime or any other Pilates streaming site. In addition to the workouts, they have the "observe & learn" videos that break down various exercises; watching those has helped me tremendously with form.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pilatesology