Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-17, 06:57 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Did anyone else get a collage video coupon even though they ordered from amazon?
I ordered from amazon and got it today..... no coupon for me (not that I care really). I did Callanetics Pure today and loved it -- can't wait to try this new one.
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 09:39 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
I did the Total Body and bonus workouts this morning. They also had some new exercises and I liked them both too. I'm still feeling addicted to Callanetics.
Me, too, Karen! I still alternate with Barre Amped (mostly the Bounce one right now) on the other days but am definitely hooked!
I plan on doing one or two segments from the new one today finally!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-17, 01:33 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Me, too, Karen! I still alternate with Barre Amped (mostly the Bounce one right now) on the other days but am definitely hooked!
I plan on doing one or two segments from the new one today finally!
I definitely want to hear what you think of the new ones! Unfortunately, I've been doing so many other new DVDs, I haven't been able to do as much Callanetics, but I have been able to occasionally do something like the first 12 or so minutes to get in the abs.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-17, 08:45 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
I definitely want to hear what you think of the new ones! Unfortunately, I've been doing so many other new DVDs, I haven't been able to do as much Callanetics, but I have been able to occasionally do something like the first 12 or so minutes to get in the abs.
So I did the 'Legs/Rear/Core' segment and I liked it! Definitely interesting with using the paper plate for some of the new moves! (Next time I'll have to dig out my sliding disc, the paper plate I had was kinda crappy and didn't slide too well!..)

I admire you for doing at least the abs when you don't have time for the entire thing! That's the part I'm quickest to shy away from, even though I know it works! (Let's just be honest, 100x one leg up, then another 100x the other leg, then another 100x for both... It's tough stuff!!!)

So far I'm trying to do 2x Callanetics, 2x barre and 1-2x yoga and am loving that combo!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 12-09-17, 10:22 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
I admire you for doing at least the abs when you don't have time for the entire thing! That's the part I'm quickest to shy away from, even though I know it works! (Let's just be honest, 100x one leg up, then another 100x the other leg, then another 100x for both... It's tough stuff!!!)

So far I'm trying to do 2x Callanetics, 2x barre and 1-2x yoga and am loving that combo!
My 19 year old son who is sort of a gym rat saw me doing that ab sequence the other day and basically said "OMG "

Do you add in any cardio, MomOf2? I'm still trying to settle in on some combination of Pvolve, Callanetics, and Cardio (mostly walking) but it'd be nice to add in some yoga as well.
Old 12-09-17, 12:08 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
So I did the 'Legs/Rear/Core' segment and I liked it! Definitely interesting with using the paper plate for some of the new moves! (Next time I'll have to dig out my sliding disc, the paper plate I had was kinda crappy and didn't slide too well!..)

I love those first 10ish minutes of warm-up (especially the neck rolls) and abs. I love to do abs so you'd think I'd have the flattest abs in the world but I always have a little pooch. The Callanetics abs do let me hold it in better though.

I'm glad you also liked the LRC one. I didn't feel like getting out the rug I use for the gliding discs (and paper plates don't work on my mats) so I just did it without the discs and I think it worked OK.

I like your rotation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
My 19 year old son who is sort of a gym rat saw me doing that ab sequence the other day and basically said "OMG "

Do you add in any cardio, MomOf2? I'm still trying to settle in on some combination of Pvolve, Callanetics, and Cardio (mostly walking) but it'd be nice to add in some yoga as well.
What is Pvolve?

Old 12-09-17, 01:09 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:

Nice! The abs sections are tough, aren't they!?
At the moment I'm very lax on the cardio front, though I try to do 2-3x cardio on my JS for ~20-30 min. (Or I include BA Bounce in my week.)
Sometimes it works, sometimes I don't do cardio for 3-4 days..

Quote:
I love those first 10ish minutes of warm-up (especially the neck rolls) and abs. I love to do abs so you'd think I'd have the flattest abs in the world but I always have a little pooch. The Callanetics abs do let me hold it in better though.

I'm glad you also liked the LRC one. I didn't feel like getting out the rug I use for the gliding discs (and paper plates don't work on my mats) so I just did it without the discs and I think it worked OK.
Yes, the warm-up part with the neck rolls is my favorite too! It feels so good!
As to doing the abs, I'm sure it's benefitial even if you can't see it necessarily! I do feel it's helped relieve my lower back pain quite a bit, so that's more my motivation.

Old 12-09-17, 02:39 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Yes, the warm-up part with the neck rolls is my favorite too! It feels so good!
As to doing the abs, I'm sure it's benefitial even if you can't see it necessarily! I do feel it's helped relieve my lower back pain quite a bit, so that's more my motivation.
Hmm, I hadn't thought about Callanetics helping my lower back, but I think you're right! So many good things about Callanetics...

Old 12-09-17, 03:51 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:

What is Pvolve?
It's slow small movements and fairly similar to Hamelin's Blitzmatics, if you know that. A new streaming service at https://www.pvolve.com. A handful of us or so (there's a thread on it) are trying it and really enjoying it. It seems like it might be a good thing to pair with Callanetics.
Old 12-09-17, 05:07 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
It's slow small movements and fairly similar to Hamelin's Blitzmatics, if you know that. A new streaming service at https://www.pvolve.com. A handful of us or so (there's a thread on it) are trying it and really enjoying it. It seems like it might be a good thing to pair with Callanetics.
Thanks for letting me know about this. I had seen the thread on it but hadn't read it because of the "streaming" part of it. I don't do streaming and I definitely wouldn't pay $30 a month for it, but it does sound very good and like it would complement Callanetics. Now, if there were DVD'S, I'd probably cave in about two seconds.

Tags
callanetics