Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-17, 04:45 PM  
Dabbadooey

Promised workouts that never materialized....

The first that comes to mind is the series that Nancy Tucker was supposed to do and never did...sorry to say. Any others?
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 05:07 PM  
carolyn jane

For several years after Charlene Prickett's last workouts (around 2004), there were promises of more in the works. I emailed her assistant several times over a few years and was always told there would be new workouts - even specific information on what they would be - step, strength, etc.

I think Charlene really thought she would make more workouts or else couldn't really face the fact that she was retired.

To this day I still wish for a new workout from Charlene - and I still do her workouts regularly!
carolyn jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 05:12 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Erin O'Brien and Kristi Yamaguchi's Strength and Grace workout, the pilates-based complement to their Power workout. The only proof that such a workout was even made is this intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xK3fUCjrs4
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 06:20 PM  
Titus2woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky star View Post
erin o'brien and kristi yamaguchi's strength and grace workout, the pilates-based complement to their power workout. The only proof that such a workout was even made is this intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xk3fucjrs4
oh this looks amazing!!!

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 06:29 PM  
angie_nrs

I wouldn't necessarily say it was "promised", but Cathe did mention in her slow and heavy series that she should do a series using essentric moves. I would love to see another S&H series. I guess you could always use this series as it is by just switching up the moves to make it what she suggested.....so instead of (say for bicep curls) you do 2 counts up and 6 counts down instead of the 6 counts up and 2 counts down that she does. I just might have to try that sometime.
Old 02-03-17, 06:41 PM  
bubbles76

Another Soul Sweat dvd with Chantal Pierrat. Sure, there is streaming now, but I was promised a dvd

Christi Taylor said there would be follow up to Cinnamon, but that never happened either.

And that Kristi Yamaguchi dvd does look amazing!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 06:57 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Christi Taylor said there would be follow up to Cinnamon, but that never happened either.
!
recent FB thread indicates it may be in the works after all.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 06:59 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

JNL (Jennifer Nicole Lee) partnering with Beachbody. I was hoping for that!
Old 02-03-17, 07:29 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
JNL (Jennifer Nicole Lee) partnering with Beachbody. I was hoping for that!
That!! Omg, that would have been amazing!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-17, 07:30 PM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn jane View Post
For several years after Charlene Prickett's last workouts (around 2004), there were promises of more in the works. I emailed her assistant several times over a few years and was always told there would be new workouts - even specific information on what they would be - step, strength, etc.

I think Charlene really thought she would make more workouts or else couldn't really face the fact that she was retired.

To this day I still wish for a new workout from Charlene - and I still do her workouts regularly!
I always wondered why Charlene retired so early. Yes, I think she retired too early. I had heard that she had a hip flexor injury. I sent a few emails, & I don't think I was told of new workouts, but I do remember someone saying they would convert more It Figures shows to DVD.

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote