Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-03-16, 10:31 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

One thing I don't think instructors are realizing about streaming subscriptions is that only their most hardcore fans are going to sign up. OTOH, if they produce dvds (or at least offer downloads of individual workouts) they will be casting a wider net and capturing the casual fans and those curious to try out some of their workouts. I just can't see how they could possibly be making more money this way. I understand their is a cost involved with producing dvds that may balance out the loss of casual fans looking to dabble, but downloads couldn't possibly be that expensive to produce (could they? ).
Old 09-03-16, 10:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I will have to wait and see how other VF'ers react to these. Some streaming sites work fine for me, others such as Purple Platform or whatever it is just do not play well on my laptop.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 10:42 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyefit View Post
One thing I don't think instructors are realizing about streaming subscriptions is that only their most hardcore fans are going to sign up. OTOH, if they produce dvds (or at least offer downloads of individual workouts) they will be casting a wider net and capturing the casual fans and those curious to try out some of their workouts. I just can't see how they could possibly be making more money this way. I understand their is a cost involved with producing dvds that may balance out the loss of casual fans looking to dabble, but downloads couldn't possibly be that expensive to produce (could they? ).
Well, this is only true with a certain age group. The 20 somethings, in general, prefer download and streaming.
Old 09-03-16, 10:43 AM  
cherimac

And maybe they will be DVDs. I don't know anything, I just remember hearing somewhere Ellen would be producing more content for Trainers Pass. That could be something else entirely.

ETA: someone on the Ellen Fan site on FB said Ellen told her personally it will be on DVD and streaming. She thought 1 DVD, which would mean short routines, I would think? Unless there are just a few routines done several days a week. Hmm...we'll see.
Old 09-03-16, 11:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

One DVD with short routines sounds great!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 11:09 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
One DVD with short routines sounds great!
Yes!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 11:34 AM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Yes!
Double yes!
Old 09-03-16, 12:28 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I am not seeing this on Ellen's FB page or on her website. Does anyone have a link? I had asked her on FB if she was filming anything new a few weeks back...

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 02:56 PM  
Tinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I am not seeing this on Ellen's FB page or on her website. Does anyone have a link? I had asked her on FB if she was filming anything new a few weeks back...
It's on her twitter account.

"Ellen Barrett ‏@EllenBarrettFIT Sep 1
I have a brand new 7 day workout video series coming in November #feelgoodfitness #goodenergy #foryou"
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-16, 04:20 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I think Dana was saying that she learned - on Ellen's website - TrainersPass is streaming, not that the new workouts are streaming. Someone in Ellen's Facebook group subsequently said she was producing a DVD.

I sold Ellen's two latest DVDs, so I'm wondering if these workouts will be similar to those or more like her previous workouts.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ellen barrett