Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-05-13, 07:20 AM  
Rose Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchworm View Post
What Yoga have you been adding in?

Also, who makes the BEST ropeless jump ropes that maybe I can get from Amazon?

Thanks,

Kelly
I purchased my rope through Amazon, it is a Lifeline. Nice.

Inchworm: I am very new to Yoga and have been doing Foundations by Travis Elliot, beginner workouts by Rodney Yee. I have subscribed to MyYogaOnline and YogaGlo. I am doing different beginner workouts. I have Ultimate Yogi and Short & Sweet by Travis that I am working up to. I have a long way to go!

I love this thread on JNL. I am eventually going to get back on track with these, probably next Monday.
Old 06-05-13, 07:30 AM  
Taxed

For anyone that wants to order, please be careful ordering through the online JNL/Body FX site. When I intially tried to order, it would not go through and they wanted me to call to order. I decided to ask them to tell me when their site was back up, as I prefer to order online. Anyway, here my order went through even though the site said it didn't... it scared me since I had tried to order online more than once. Fortunately, I only was charged once and I received my order with no problem, but I had to beg for the tracking info (never got the shipping email and it took days and numerous emails for them to give me the tracking info).

Depsite the ordering issue, I have no complaints. I don't mind the lack of warm-up or cool-down; I just run in place or do jumping jacks for a couple of minutes and then do a quick cool-down/stretch at the end.

Now that Yoga Foundations was mentioned, I feel it may be beneficial to add those in a couple of times a week as a long, cool-down/stretch. I do get a bit sweaty with those, but I love that I can almost go through them with my eyes closed; Travis' cues are awesome. I would love to be able to do Ultimate Yogi (which I have). but I must admit it scares me a little :-)
Taxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 07:44 AM  
marmact

I think the price on JNL's site is lower than the current Amazon price. This set has been on my radar for a long time, but I'm hoping they'll run a sale sooner or later. I'll wait until then. But it's nice to read the continued interest in the workouts and such. So many new sets fall flat but this one seems to be standing the test of time.
Old 06-05-13, 08:43 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxed View Post
For anyone that wants to order, please be careful ordering through the online JNL/Body FX site. When I intially tried to order, it would not go through and they wanted me to call to order. I decided to ask them to tell me when their site was back up, as I prefer to order online. Anyway, here my order went through even though the site said it didn't... it scared me since I had tried to order online more than once. Fortunately, I only was charged once and I received my order with no problem, but I had to beg for the tracking info (never got the shipping email and it took days and numerous emails for them to give me the tracking info).

Depsite the ordering issue, I have no complaints. I don't mind the lack of warm-up or cool-down; I just run in place or do jumping jacks for a couple of minutes and then do a quick cool-down/stretch at the end.

Now that Yoga Foundations was mentioned, I feel it may be beneficial to add those in a couple of times a week as a long, cool-down/stretch. I do get a bit sweaty with those, but I love that I can almost go through them with my eyes closed; Travis' cues are awesome. I would love to be able to do Ultimate Yogi (which I have). but I must admit it scares me a little :-)
Wow, that sucks about your ordering issue, I'm glad it worked out. I ordered with no problem, received shipping conf ASAP and my set arrived timely. Hopefully it's not a standing issue.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 10:25 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
I've had this set for almost a year and I'm amazed that I haven't "outgrown" the weight workouts, I just keep challenging myself and increasing the weights! Yesterday was Ballistic Back with 20 and 25 lbs dumbbells and in 40 minutes I had the workout of my life! Goodness, I kinda felt like the Hulk afterwards!

Having a real jump rope (can't speak for the cordless one that came with the set) vs. no rope makes a huge difference - I think it's that much harder.

One little vent - I do have to say that JNL doesn't bug me, but I can do without Laura London...she looks like she's ready to steal the spotlight and jump into JNL's shoes at any moment. If I were JNL I'd be sleeping with one eye open! LOL
LOL! And...half the time (ok, almost ALWAYS), Laura London has terrible form! Yes, Ms Hulk, that is awesome the poundage you use in these workouts!!

I just LOVE this system - it got things happening again result-wise and I have reached menopause. Can't argue with that! But, like Rose Ohio, I was adding in yoga (mostly UY) and also walking. Great results, Rose! And you too, mbcatac7!

These allergies are kicking me to the curb with very low energy this week, but that's why I love 10 Minute Total Body and the short Kiss My Abs workouts...no dread factor! Best system ever to get in/out and still get your booty kicked in the process!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 10:28 AM  
SquishyMommy

I have wanted this set forever. Initially I went with JMBR instead, and I loved it, but of course got tired of it. Then I got DB, which I like but am developing major dread factor with. Now I STILL really want JNL but can't justify spending that much money on it right now. It's been out for quite a while now. Shouldn't it be due for a price drop??? (Fingers crossed.)
Old 06-05-13, 05:43 PM  
Taxed

So thankful for TKO fat blast after having done Lower Body Fusion yesterday. My quads and glutes are so very sore and I was thinking of just making today my rest day, but I pushed play on TKO and I'm glad I did. It was a great, quick "kickbox" inspired workout. Sweaty but not overly challenging...didn't even mind the burpees :-)
Taxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 05:50 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
I have wanted this set forever. Initially I went with JMBR instead, and I loved it, but of course got tired of it. Then I got DB, which I like but am developing major dread factor with. Now I STILL really want JNL but can't justify spending that much money on it right now. It's been out for quite a while now. Shouldn't it be due for a price drop??? (Fingers crossed.)
It actually has gone UP in price. . I bought it in the fall, and sent it back since I didn't know about the music louder option. I re-ordered it and have been doing it again for about a week, mixed in with TA's Glutecentric. I feel like the two go well together!

When I first ordered it, I also had a problem with them charging and sending two kits, even though I just got one email confirmation. If you order from them directly, you can return it in sixty days.

LOL about Laura and JNL having to sleep with one eye open. I can't stand Wicked Willie either.

Last edited by LeanneM; 06-05-13 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Silly autocorrect errors! :-)
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 09:19 PM  
lisarah

Joining in on the LOVE for JNL! I've actually started the rotation March 29 & am on the 6th week - it's taking me longer because I only do about 4 per week as I teach 4 other classes on other days. I have NEVER been able to even come close to following a rotation before & I don't want this one to end! I plan to post my final results after I complete the rotation but I'm very excited already because:
1) I am down to a weight on the scale that I haven't seen in over 2.5 years
2) I just bought a pair of shorts in a size 4 (I was an 8 when I started). My goal size is/was a solid 6, which i seem to be! :

More info: I did start paying closer attention to "diet" about 3 weeks ago which has helped I'm sure. I've been exercising regularly & teaching fitness classes for over 18 years but these workouts really seem to do my body good!

Totally agree with the Laura London & Wicked Willy comments - they're both a little over the top! Not that JNL isn't, but it is HER show so she's allowed

Anyone who's interested, we have a JNL checkin - which hasn't seen alot of activity but I'd be happy to revive it!

Do or do not...there is no try. ~Yoda

Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world. ~Miyamoto Musashi

Group Fitness Instructor
BS in Kinesiology
lisarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-13, 03:43 AM  
Rose Ohio

I would be interested in the check in. I haven't gotten very far in the rotation due to receiving these a week before vacation and crazy work schedule. I absolutely love the ones I have done. I previewed all of the ones I haven't done and they are all great.

JNL doesn't bother me, Wicked Willy and Laura London are rather intense. Willy really messes up the count, I can't look at him.

I am really glad I bought this set and plan on doing the rotation, perfect for summer, get in and get it done!

Tags
cordless jump rope, jennifer nicole lee, jnl fusion, jump roping