Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-13, 07:35 PM  
Taxed

JNL Fusion

Despite having issues with their online ordering, I have only good things to say about these workouts. I have completed both Shoulder Shredder and Fusion Lower Body (one each day; I aspire to do doubles, but I'm not there yet). These go quick and are a real sweat fest...they seem like they shouldn't be too challenging when you read the breakdowns, but they were buttkickers for me.

Did anyone do the rotation as written and get results? I'm planning to go that route but worry that these alone may not be enough (I'm used to 45 - 55 minute workouts).
Taxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 09:33 PM  
mbcatac7

I love it.. Killer for sure. I am very happy with my 8 week results. I followed it exactly and lost 12.4lbs and 12.25 inches. I did not eat clean. I just tried to eat less and make healthier choices. I am planning on doing another 8 weeks starting Sunday and adding ZCut Power Cardio series 3 to 4 times a week.
Old 06-04-13, 09:37 PM  
Inchworm

I totally agree! I am loving this set and I just started it this week as well. I've done Shoulder Shredder, lower body fusion, skipped TKO bc yesterday I was so sore, but loving the soreness. Today I did Bicep builder. It was also very good, a little easier than the others I did earlier in the week. I found What I love about these are that they are tough, yet doable. If I need an extra breather, so that I can give the next round my all, I simply pause for an extra 30 seconds and regroup. Shoulder shredder was great and I loved Lower Body Fusion. I really gave it my all and boy did I feel it by the next night. I felt it in just about every area of my legs and butt all the way down to my ankles! Great workouts. Yes, she is a bit repetitive with her catch phrases, but I don't mind it bc I know I'm getting a great workout! I know if I can follow the schedule, as closely as possible, I will get results. So glad I got it! I didn't get the extra 2 ab workouts and other workout, but I can always order it from one of the shopping channels, for less than the extra $45 it cost on the fusion website. Do you use the ropeless ropes for jumproping? I didn't get those bc I wasn't sure how much of a difference it would make.

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-13, 10:11 PM  
mbcatac7

I bought everything. I do use the jump ropes. I think it makes my arm movements more realistic than when I don't use them. I am very happy with the set. My whole body toned up. Her workouts work. I can see the difference.
Old 06-05-13, 04:09 AM  
Rose Ohio

I have been doing JNL for a couple of weeks. I have probably done 8 of the workouts with my work schedule and vacation. I am eating with MFP tracking, so very clean. I am at my goal weight pretty much. I am older, past menopause. I have been doing Yoga daily, as well. Anyhow, the past couple of days my body has just cinched in, my muscle tone looks great, especially upper. I am just very lean. I don't know if it is from JNL or Yoga. I love JNL though, perfect for summer, short and sweet, 30 minutes.

I use the cordless jumprope and will jog around to get extra FitBit steps for some of the cardio blasts. This is just a little gem, workout set! Worth every penny!
Old 06-05-13, 05:24 AM  
Taxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcatac7 View Post
I love it.. Killer for sure. I am very happy with my 8 week results. I followed it exactly and lost 12.4lbs and 12.25 inches. I did not eat clean. I just tried to eat less and make healthier choices. I am planning on doing another 8 weeks starting Sunday and adding ZCut Power Cardio series 3 to 4 times a week.
Those are great results! I'm going to try to stick to the rotation but I'll admit that I've never been that successful at doing so in the past. I do have serious quad and glute soreness from lower body fusion yesterday. I'm hoping I can manage the total body one scheduled for today. I also have all the Zcuts, including the yoga and the new power workouts. I would love to be able to add those in somewhere but I must admit that the 30 minute format of JNL is just too appealing...
Taxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 05:37 AM  
Inchworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Ohio View Post
I have been doing JNL for a couple of weeks. I have probably done 8 of the workouts with my work schedule and vacation. I am eating with MFP tracking, so very clean. I am at my goal weight pretty much. I am older, past menopause. I have been doing Yoga daily, as well. Anyhow, the past couple of days my body has just cinched in, my muscle tone looks great, especially upper. I am just very lean. I don't know if it is from JNL or Yoga. I love JNL though, perfect for summer, short and sweet, 30 minutes.

I use the cordless jumprope and will jog around to get extra FitBit steps for some of the cardio blasts. This is just a little gem, workout set! Worth every penny!
What Yoga have you been adding in?

Also, who makes the BEST ropeless jump ropes that maybe I can get from Amazon?

Thanks,

Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 05:40 AM  
violingal3

I've had this set for almost a year and I'm amazed that I haven't "outgrown" the weight workouts, I just keep challenging myself and increasing the weights! Yesterday was Ballistic Back with 20 and 25 lbs dumbbells and in 40 minutes I had the workout of my life! Goodness, I kinda felt like the Hulk afterwards!

Having a real jump rope (can't speak for the cordless one that came with the set) vs. no rope makes a huge difference - I think it's that much harder.

One little vent - I do have to say that JNL doesn't bug me, but I can do without Laura London...she looks like she's ready to steal the spotlight and jump into JNL's shoes at any moment. If I were JNL I'd be sleeping with one eye open! LOL
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 06:15 AM  
PhyllisG

I have been tempted for a while now and very sorry that I didn't purchase it when I saw it at Target. Where is the best play to buy it and I really don 't want to go to ebay. Thanks. HSN no longer has it in stock.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-13, 06:37 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I have been tempted for a while now and very sorry that I didn't purchase it when I saw it at Target. Where is the best play to buy it and I really don 't want to go to ebay. Thanks. HSN no longer has it in stock.
Go to the jnl site or amazon

I've had mine for almost 2 months now & I'm not doing it religiously enough to speak of results, but I am enjoying it thoroughly. I was looking for short & sweet strength and I got it. I admit I haven't even done them all but shoulder shredder, ballistic back, upper body transformation & bicep builder are my favorites.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cordless jump rope, jennifer nicole lee, jnl fusion, jump roping