Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-21-12, 10:59 AM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I just saw the clip for this - I love the look of it. I may bite the bullet and try that.

Well, what do you know, I own this! Maybe I'll pull it out again and see what it's all about.

thanks ladies!
Don't you hate, when you already own something that someone suggests?
Old 06-21-12, 12:02 PM  
TinaT

So glad to see this thread. I've got traders remorse over CLX and now I'm trying to trade for it again. Tho, I want to do a hybrid rotation with CLX and TJ. I've lost A TON of muscle in the past year and really want to focus on getting it back.

I like Chalene in TJ and only viewed the first disc of CLX. Can't believe I didn't try more before GIVING it away.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 01:04 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

If you don't mind doing your strength workouts via paper workouts, then Venus Index would be a great choice. They do run longer though.

Phase 1 are circuit workouts and phase 2 is more strength oriented. Both phases are excellent and are very different from each other.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 01:39 PM  
FitzFour

My results from CLX were MUCH more definition in my legs and arms (my abdominal area is always the last to follow). I'm not going for weight loss, but rather building muscle. I chose to do the rotation with virtually no cardio, so I can't speak to what weight loss I may have experienced had I done that.

Love the program, esp. the short workout times. I just can't seem to push that hard for much longer.

Erika
FitzFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 02:04 PM  
nevertoolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I have P90X - eh. I love CLX. I have been doing it on/off since it came out. I like the minimal equipment, minimal legs, workouts in under 40 minutes. Is there anything else like this????

tia
Sue,

Which CLX did you love? I noticed on Mary's site that there are four!

Chalean Extreme Kit, http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/ProductDetails.asp?,
Chalean Extreme Deluxe DVD - 7, http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Prod...alean7workouts
Chalean Extreme Deluxe Upgrade Kit, http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Prod...healeanupgrade
Chalean Extreme Deluxe Kit, http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Prod...aleandeluxekit

Help! If I want to try a CLX system, which should I get? Without breaking the bank...

Thanks.

Ann
nevertoolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 02:58 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertoolate View Post
Sue,

Which CLX did you love? I noticed on Mary's site that there are four!

Chalean Extreme Kit, http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/ProductDetails.asp?,
Chalean Extreme Deluxe DVD - 7, http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Prod...alean7workouts
Chalean Extreme Deluxe Upgrade Kit, http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Prod...healeanupgrade
Chalean Extreme Deluxe Kit, http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Prod...aleandeluxekit

Help! If I want to try a CLX system, which should I get? Without breaking the bank...
I'm not Shammy, but IMO you really only need the base kit (Chalean Extreme Kit). I also have disc 7 and like it because I really enjoy the cardio workouts in this program (I don't do CLX any longer but I love the cardio and do it frequently) but it's definitely not necessary right out of the gate. If you're trying to be frugal, just go with the base kit and consider disc 7 later on.
marmact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 03:15 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitzFour View Post
My results from CLX were MUCH more definition in my legs and arms (my abdominal area is always the last to follow). I'm not going for weight loss, but rather building muscle. I chose to do the rotation with virtually no cardio, so I can't speak to what weight loss I may have experienced had I done that.

Love the program, esp. the short workout times. I just can't seem to push that hard for much longer.

Erika
Ha, you are me!

Ann,
I have had this set for what feels like 10 years, so I don't even know what set I have. I do have the cardio/circuit ones but really never do them. I focus on Lean/Burn/Push. I would recommend the basic kit - unless you like circuits (I don't particularly)

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 04:30 PM  
wookiemouse

There's only one I have come across (CLX was my fav too, I used it for over 2 years straight!) - Pump. It's NOT lifting heavy, but it's got a great mood, upbeat instructors and it's similar to CLX's "Burn Intervals" (ie, muscle indurance). The DVDs have 2 30-minute routines that work most of the body. The 60 min DVDs are more thorough.

Routine-wise, the only thing I've found that compares is Cathe's STS. I'm doing that rotation now. It's longer - 45-60 mins, 3x a week - but the moves are great (like CLX) and I can feel the progress. It IS equipment intensive tho.

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 04:44 PM  
txfitmom

I am in love with CLX too! I have been doing a CLX rotation the last few weeks. I like to include Chalene's other strength workouts to mix things up more. So I throw in TF strength workouts, they are just as fun. The only thing is that she pretty much uses a band in those so not sure if that is what you are looking for. I have been doing CLX with a band only so that is why the TF workouts appealed to me. I occasionally do a TJ strength workout as well, most of those also use a band.

You might also be interested in KCM, Jari Love (although these are longer), Joyce Vedral (she has lots of workouts with shorter options), David Kirsch 7 Day Prescription (he uses a combination of weights and bands, very minimal equipment).
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-12, 07:20 PM  
lilmonkey2

I wish I still had CLX. I want to try it again! I've *almost* bought it several times but I keep talking myself out of it.

I have most of KCM's 30 minute workouts...anyone want to tell me how to use them to simulate a CLX type workout? I have Weights and Split, but don't have Lift.

I suppose I could follow along with a paper type workout, but I'm not sure how to put something like that together I'd be ok with putting on some music and doing something like that.
lilmonkey2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene johnson, clx