Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-16-11, 11:57 PM  
Diavolobella
VF Supporter

Thanks!

"We all want the looooove...without the handles!" Tracy Effinger

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Diavolobella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:02 AM  
prisma

arrrrgh. I swore I wasn't going to buy this but I just caved and ordered it from Amazon. I'll decide whether I do it after I get a chance to look it over...
prisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:21 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
Great review.
Sigh. Still no interest in TA though, even to whittle down my T and A.
Me either, I think any type of exercise system could work, especially as she ask her followers to do almost 2 hrs 6 x per week and use a low calorie restricted di*t. ( she even said at the end of her marketing trailers "if you do the video enough you see amazing results"...can't that be said by lots of videos, if you do them enough you'll get amazing results??) Did anyone read the thread on stress fractures, her workout could be a invitations for this...but I'm not hating on Tracy, but not for me, thank God we have lots of choices in how we like/can workout

Thanks for the review if was a fun and entertaining
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:24 AM  
Karianne

I really like your post. I have also just read her book and got some insight on her method. It is from the book that I realised that I have not been doing her workout the right way i.e doing it with power and not just moving in motion.

I guess Tracy is a very much misunderstood person thus many people would bash her and her method. However, there is really something about her method. Something different in the way you workout and it gets into you like a drug and you want go back to it every now and then. Her workouts are not like any in the market, the music, the way she moves, and her expression. I just love it all.

Kari
Karianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 12:59 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

I'm not a TA fan but out of curiosity, where do you find these photos on Laura Stroud's blog? I followed the link but only see a whole lotta blogging - no pics..?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 01:12 AM  
IvysMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm not a TA fan but out of curiosity, where do you find these photos on Laura Stroud's blog? I followed the link but only see a whole lotta blogging - no pics..?
i'll look for it in the morning(i read most the blog in a few days), but i think it's around end of november-ish(?)/early december where the pics are
IvysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 01:14 AM  
fitness*fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I was having trouble finding 'em, too, so I finally did an online search.

http://laurastroud.blogspot.com/2010...s-finally.html

http://laurastroud.blogspot.com/2010...mp-before.html
fitness*fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 01:45 AM  
Mary09(b)

I haven't read her blog but isn't it a little suspicious that her 'before' pictures got lost and her only one is from the summer when her 'after' is in Nov.?

Going from 26-16% body fat would take most people a long time, if they could do it at all. That's way lower than is recommended for women, for health.

She looks malnourished to me, anorexic.
Mary09(b) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 04:06 AM  
topfitmama

Thanks for that review, F1mom
I don't have the money nor the time to invest in TA's method. Thanks for adding the high cost of this method to your review.

Joan,
I was going to try her method 9 months ago, but the price, the very restrictive diet and the huge time commitment put me off.
Now I'm doing my own version, using dance workouts that include instruction, and adding barre-ballet style workouts along with Pilates and Yoga. Maybe one day I'll sell the Topfitmama Method

Seriously, F1mom, I love your writing!!!!! (I'm off to check your blog)
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-11, 04:09 AM  
topfitmama

Under one of the pics on Laura's blog she says she is preparing for her 3.5 hr workout

I, too, think she might have some little deal with TA. We ought to get her to post on here, then she'd have to disclose any professional relationships within the fitness world
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 day method, arms, barre, plastic surgery, results, tracy anderson, tracy anderson book, tracy anderson bootcamp, tracy anderson method, tracy anderson results