Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-09, 03:22 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Facial exercises flexeffect-anybody??

I am SO freaking excited right now. I am hoping that I am not shot down off of this wonderful high in the next few minutes!

I just found this link and am really psyched to add this facial exercise to my body routine. I have long lamented that "nothing can be done" about the unfortunate effect on our faces when we are mature and like to be lean. I have also long "pondered" just what one might be able to do with exercise to effect change in the face. Unless this is all hooey, I think I have found it. Of course I ordered it, and upon reviewing the pics of the facial muscles and how they link and move, I am STOKED!!!

Has anybody in here done this facial fitness program, and if so, what results please????

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 04:04 PM  
Demeris

I do it. I've done it regularly since last September. I need to add that I have bought and used every face exercise program/book there is. This one is the most comprehensive. It's not a quick fix, but the results are amazing. I've noticed results with my cheeks and my jaw line more than anywhere else. My lips (and I've always had chicken lips) have filled out and the tiny age lines that were wrinkling the top lip are slowly smoothing out. My eyes have widened slightly, and the droop has almost completely disappeared. The eye lid to crease area has plumped up a bit.

I see improvement in my neck, but that's where my age really shows, so it's still in progress (like my soul).

I taught a summer school class in June (freshman comp at our community college), and it became clear to my students that I was much older than they thought. Several of the women came up to me at the end to tell me that if I hadn't admitted my age, they would have put me at about 40. Frankly, I think I look my age, but I remember what I looked like at 40 and 35.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 04:06 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Uh, Red, what link, please?

Cynthia
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 04:13 PM  
Demeris

http://www.flexeffect.com/welcome.htm
Old 07-15-09, 04:35 PM  
tigerbaby

This is really terrible but I ordered this about 2 months ago and have yet to try it because I've been so caught up with work. I really need to do it though because the B&A pictures are amazing!
Old 07-15-09, 04:55 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I'm interested in hearing what results you see.

I'm not so convinced by the before/after photos I've seen (as with many of these devices, different lighting and different facial expressions could account for most of the "changes"), but if someone I 'know' has results, I'd be interested!

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 05:04 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Thank you SO much demeris! That is what I hoped I would hear. No, I had no expectations of any 'easy fix' as I know those don't exist, but I am MORE than willing to put time into this, as it is the thing that has really bugged me, that I can do so much for my body, but my sagging jowels when I lose weight just make me look old. I have had to actually maintain a higher weight than I would like if I want my face looking it's best (choose between the Arse and the Face after 40 they say, haha). I work out on my body for hours per week, I can certainly do this, and it seems that I could probably do some of it while I am at my desk working. Maybe, maybe not, I don't know yet.

Can't WAIT to get my instructions!!!

Old 07-15-09, 05:44 PM  
Demeris

Redflame,

jowls have been an issue for me (on both sides of my family, on their 40th birthday, everyone gets a moon face that melts into the neck), and I add in the jowl work from Senta Maria Runge:

www.faceliftingbyexercise.com

And Cynthia Crowley's jowl work from her Facial Magic

I did write that I have owned and done every program out there.
Old 07-15-09, 06:26 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Don't know about FlexEffect but I have The Facial Workout DVD - both Collage and Gilad's website sell it - but have to admit that I haven't been doing the exercises with any regularity. . I'll start, though, because I'm curious about potential results:
http://www.collagevideo.com/searchre...&search=facial

Interestingly, Jack LaLanne is and has been a longtime advocate of facial exercises, which he called Face-nastics:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...e+face+workout
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-09, 06:47 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
Redflame,

jowls have been an issue for me (on both sides of my family, on their 40th birthday, everyone gets a moon face that melts into the neck), and I add in the jowl work from Senta Maria Runge:

www.faceliftingbyexercise.com

And Cynthia Crowley's jowl work from her Facial Magic

I did write that I have owned and done every program out there.
Me TOO! Moon face is right, haha, it has served me SO well in adulthood, because my sort of puggish nose and round face looked youthful, even into my 40's, but then when I lose weight now, BAM, like you said so perfectly it melts into jowels! This happened very suddenly too, like I hit a certain age and some secret enemy just said 'you will not look young anymore!". I always figured "it is skin, you can't DO anything other than cut it", but this makes sense. Of course we are not EXERCISING the skin, it is the muscles beneath, but I can see how that can lift a bit, and fill things out. I don't expect a HUGE result, but I would love a 'noticeable' one.

Thanks for the other link! Everything that might help! Hell, I am going to get older day by day anyway, I might as well take some time each day to fight that, body AND face! Though I have NEVER been good at those "routines" with face products, you know, cleanse, astringent, mask, and such, so I hope I become as consistent with the face workout as I am with the body!!

Tags
facial exercises, flexeffect, loose skin