Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-19, 08:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday I did:

Dog Walk - 45 minutes;
SBF: Lower Body Barre - 33 minutes;
I hadn't done this barre workout in a long time - several years - and I could tell. This was tough for me! I did the best I could - I know I'll get better over time.
30 Day Posture Makeover - Day 1 - 5 minutes
This is a 2 DVD set with short "workouts" for 30 days. Day 1 was a little talk on what good posture was not, and then she had you do some stretches to open up your chest. It felt good - I can tell I'm tight there. I'm hoping this will help with my neck and shoulder issues.

Christine - Oh no! Tell your DH not to be so generous with his virus next time.

Have a restful Sunday today ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 06:52 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA. My Dad had heart surgery on Thursday so I have been dealing with the emotional roller coaster that has been. He lives in NY and is remarried, so I have been receiving updates from his wife and today I talked to him briefly, although he still couldn't talk very well. Ugh.

And, I have still been dealing with my mom and her issues.

I have been working out - I have been doing Trifecta Pilates - Pilates Kick Start workouts and Gina B/Up to the Beat Fitness stuff.

I am contemplating a trip to NY to see my Dad - I just have to see if I can work it into the schedule somehow.

And, now it is Sunday night and I'm wiped out physically and mentally and emotionally

Joy!

Have a good evening everyone!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 05:56 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workouts were:

SBF - Arms - 18 minutes;
30 Day Posture Makeover - Day 2 - 10 minutes

Suzanne's arms workout used multiple sets of weights; I'll get heavier ones next time, my 2's and 1's were too light.

The posture workout included a little talk about forward head position, as well as some exercises to stretch the chest and strengthen the upper back area. I'll be interested to see if this helps my posture, which is pretty good to begin with. It doesn't seem like it's going to be enough each day, honestly.

Donna - hugs for what you are going through with your parents. I will keep you in my prayers.

Waves to everyone else ~

Carol
Old 09-16-19, 04:21 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Jessica Valant: Pilates for Legs (20 min)
Jessica Valant: Crunch Abs (7 min)

DH and I plan to take an evening walk, too. Someone mentioned in the Pilates thread in the GD that Jessica's workouts have bad sound, but I haven't experienced that yet. She seems clear to me. Maybe it's just some of the videos.

Donna, my goodness you sure have a lot of emotionally trying things going on. Prayers for your dad to make a full and speedy recovery! How are you today? What part of NY does he live in? If it's close to me, I'd love to see you!

Carol, posture work is always so uncomfortable for me, but I know it's good. I tend to slouch more than I'd like.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-19, 07:17 PM  
cherimac

PN Hips And Glutes Strength and Stretch. Waves!
Old 09-17-19, 05:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

My Dad seems to be improving. My next hurdle with my mom is to get her moved in to her new place - it is set for 9/23. I expect it will be challenging since she doesn't like change, but it has to happen...ugh.

Anyway, last night I did:

Pahla B - No repeat total body tone up - typically Pahla workout, weights and cardio...I just enjoy her company!!

I also got out and walked at work - 2X - once for lunch/errands and another to pick something up from another building that was urgent.

This morning was:

Trifecta Pilates - Pilates Kickstart # 4 - Upper Body

Heaven help me, I really like these Trifecta routines...her paid site is so expensive though...should probably stick with You Tube!

I will try to squeeze something else in tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Christine - a few of Jessica's have poor audio, but it doesn't bother me, really.

Doing more Pilates this month has made a difference, I feel more aligned.....I'm going to try to finish the Trifecta series (I have only one more to do) and then try to get Robin's challenge finished up....before she takes it down....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 05:56 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Good morning all ~

Yesterday (Monday) I did

SBF - Lower Body 2 - 20 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Thighs & Booty - 15 minutes;
30 Day Posture Makeover - Day 3 - 5 minutes

I am definitely finding the SBF workouts challenging, but in a good way.

Donna - Good job keeping your workouts up with everything you have going on. I always take the opportunity to walk at work, if I have any excuse at all. Sometimes I find excuses to walk. So many reasons that this is healthy behavior when you have a sedentary job like I do.

Christine - Like Donna said, some of Jessica's workouts have less than great sound quality. Smirit is the same way. Suzanne Bowen's early workouts have the same problem. I think as trainers experimented more with streaming, they realized that this is do-able, that is - they can make some $$ - and it's worth it to invest in better filming equipment, etc.

Cheri - Good job! That's a good routine.

Carol
Old 09-17-19, 02:58 PM  
furmomof6

Walk
Jessica Valant: Towel Workout

I almost didn't try that one because it was half done on hard wood but I'm glad I tried it! It was easy to modify as needed and I really liked it. It was different than anything I have done so far.

Carol, it's funny, I recently got an email to re-join SBF and had forgotten I even had a membership at one point! I do recall liking her total body workouts. I love walking too!

Donna, I'm glad your dad is improving. Today's workout was a little echo-y but it doesn't bother me either. I'm glad you're feeling better after doing more Pilates. I feel the same way. My back was starting to hurt again, but it's feeling better after just 2 days in a row of Pilates. I haven't been able to find Robin's challenge on Youtube, just Day 1!

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 04:57 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Smile

Hi , just a drive by,

I’m researching these Pilates online instructors. I think some of you have replied to my thread about, can’t even remember the topic. Anyway, it had to do with Pilates.

Someone mentioned trifecta Pilates. I can’t get in to her site. Is she paid also and if so how much is she?

Which one gives the most support? Jessica, Robin or Beth? Thank you for your replies

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-19, 05:03 PM  
cherimac

Hi!

PN Magic Circle

Cheryl -out of all the instructors I have done, Smriti at Pilates Nest and Lisa at Pilates by Lisa are the most supportive.

Christine-thanks for the condolences. I was sad I couldn’t get to Kentucky to the funeral.