Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-14-19, 07:48 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the circus, prepping it for a wedding this afternoon and going to the wedding - one of the coaches is getting married - ran into his wife-to-be at Target yesterday when I was getting groceries. I did get a nice walk in with Gus yesterday, frankly, don't know if I'll have much time for a walk today. Didn't do anything with the leather repair kit yet - maybe next week. Haven't played with the YouTube videos yet either. Funny how things don't have time as easily any more.

Laura, you did post Thursday! You beat me by about an hour in the morning. Yeah, we've had a LOT of rain lately - I didn't even try one park I usually go to with Gus as I think it's likely flooded. More rain coming this afternoon...

Paula, hope your Friday the 13th went well - unfortunately didn't get to see the full moon lat night. I might try the Best Buy Geek Squad service - can't schedule anything there yet.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 10:04 AM  
Tiny

Greetings!

I had a beautiful view of the full moon from my bedroom window. I think being on the second story gives me a gorgeous view of the moon, clouds, sunsets, etc. Something I have always wanted but forgot I did until moving into this condo.

This morning I am waiting for a contractor to come by to measure my second bathroom tiny window. The seal around the window has lifted and it needs fixing. I asked the previous owner to fix it after it was inspected and he just gave me a credit instead. After that I’ll head to TJ’s and run some other errands.

I have a haircut appointment Tuesday! I’m going back to my pixie cut! I CAN NOT wait. The amount of time it takes, now with longer hair, with washing, styling and letting it dry is ridiculous. I’ve always been a pixie gal and I need to get back to my true self.

Anita~enjoy the wedding tonight! We may be getting some rain today. Yay! Aw, i’m sorry Gus is a killer.

Paula~my friend told me about geek squad as well, so it’s good to hear someone else uses them.

Laura~time is just flying by, days are rolling into each other. It’s crazy!

Talk soon!

H.O.P.E.=Hold On Pain Ends
D.I.E.T.=Did I Eat That

"If I fall, I will get back up. If I am beaten, I will return."
"Strong is what happens when you run out of weak."
"As the New Year dawns we look back on a year of upheaval through the world and through our lives as well. Life is difficult. For those of us raised with the illusion that if we go to school, work hard, all will be well, that illusion dies hard."
Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-19, 08:57 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Another day when I didn't get in a workout. Not sure why, but life has gotten more hectic lately. My quilt group met today, I alway enjoy that.

Laura, I'm surprised my brother has never mentioned the Lemur sancuaray as he works at Duke in Durham. Then again he's always busy and maybe never realized it was there. They do seem to keep him hopping. He's looking forward to retiring - he says next fall, but we'll see if he actually goes. I have new respect for you, living with a husband who is cronically ill. My DH has been stressed since learning his cancer has returned, the waiting is torture for him. I can't blame him, but I must say his anxiousness is wearing.

Anita, what fun a wedding at circus! Glad I'm not the only one whose days are getting ahead of them. Hope you and Gus got a walk in.

Mary, what a lovely visual of the full moon through your bedroom window. All the months we lived aboard a sailboat that is one of the things I most enjoyed - the perfect full view of the night sky. Yay for you moving forward and getting back to the real you, even if it starts with a haircut - it's all good.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 02:12 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just saw this....

What a great thread title!

I really belong in this group, but I'm not that funny. I am however older, and accident prone.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-19, 05:06 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Pam - You fit right in. Most of us who are around these days aren't that funny either. We just find funny themes on the Web. Thanks for dropping in.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote